• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

Sonic Studio 3 and SounzReal works great!Thanks Alan.:)
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG

R1V4L

I managed to make them both working, after uninstalling AAF HD AudioPack and using DriverStore Explorer to remove any references to your driver. After restart, I've reinstalled the driver and voila, it's working :)

1590998066404.png

orensky

Good afternoon!
Help me please.
I had a video card radeon RX 550, it was displayed in the realtek manager, there I turned on DDL. Everything worked perfectly.

I bought gtx 1060, I'm tormented for a week, I don’t know what to do.
In the realtek manager is empty.

I tried the APO driver, when I turn on DD it says that the device does not support the format.

Please tell me how to enable dolby digital live on nvidia hdmi?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    643.7 KB · Views: 180

m4x89

I managed to make them both working, after uninstalling AAF HD AudioPack and using DriverStore Explorer to remove any references to your driver. After restart, I've reinstalled the driver and voila, it's working :)

View attachment 157481
You also have the duplicated profiles...

Another strange behaviour, the SB panel will now open automatically at every startup in full screen, is it normal?

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2

n0fear

@Alan Finote after i did a fresh install everything worked, now after i did reinstall all of my programms and so so, i now have the same Problem again, blue sign with "cannot connect" insdide of the soundblaster. Is there any logs i can provide to help this getting fixed?

Hello Alan and hope you are good.

We always used your custom WIN7/8.1 Asus SupremeFX modded driver for the Asus Omega and it did work correctly, really sorry to hear about your Gibhub shutdown, the world has gone crazy.

We now own an Asus Encore which has the same sound chip, but I cannot download your newest modded WIN7/WIN8.1 Asus SupremeFX driver anymore?

Asus Omega driver was '8799_FF00_PG473_Win10_RS3_RS4_RS5_19H1_Win7_WHQL' This version implemented the SupremeFX GUI.

Asus Encore - Using the driver above or the 1st page of this forum I only have the default Asus GUI? Its blue and silver and its a really old GUI.

I don't know where to download the newest Asus SupremeFX driver for Win7/Win8.1? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If I use the Default Asus GUI on the Asus Encore, theres issues with Room correction not working and the Equalization options only apply to the front left/right speakers in 5.1?

Also the same issues on the Asus Omega with the SupremeFX GUI.

Thankyou for your time and hope to speak soon.

AAF Optimus

Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Can enanle DTS 5.1 on s/pdif?
Go to 1st page of this thread and open the spoilers "HOW TO ENABLE ?? (5.1 SURROUND)"

alangYoo

Hi. Is there any way to uninstall the "AAF Optimus Bus Driver"? I accidentally clicked "yes" but it didn't revert back to the default when I uninstalled the driver :(

AAF Optimus

Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Hi. Is there any way to uninstall the "AAF Optimus Bus Driver"? I accidentally clicked "yes" but it didn't revert back to the default when I uninstalled the driver :(
Go to the Device Manager, search for "AAF Optimus Bus Driver", right click on it and click "Uninstall device". Don't forget to check the box to remove the driver permanently.

AAF Optimus

Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
@ Alan Finote

any solution??
Open the "Realtek Audio Device Tweak", click on the Driver Policy tab and check the JackCfg box on the left and the FInRMute, FInRMuteSupport, Sensing, FSensing, RSensing, FSensingSupport, RSensingSupport, RearInMuteInternal, RearInMuteInternalSupport boxes on the right. Click Save, restart your computer and see the result.

Supercool Stability Update: Realtek ALC892 user here on ASUS P9X79 LE mobo output SPDIF to Sony Receiver and Micro 5.1 speakers still enjoying the longest stability with zero hangs or crashes, amazing sound. In fact, I haven't done a clean install with SSD because I am so happy it all works. The Optimus mod can breath new life into hardware that isn't officially supported and may provide a major upgrade in terms of audio quality. At least that has been my experience in playing music and movies from my PC. I had been using outdated package that was over fours years old since last update just kind of disappointed with quality. I have experimented with many different attempts to make Realtek work as intended with varying degrees of success. Not sure what the secret sauce is here but I will never forget hearing the dramatic leap forward when the digital signal was properly processed by the receiver.

For other users whose hardware predates Windows 10 at least part of the difficulty I was having getting the drivers to "stick" was related to folder permissions and dialing back the MS store auto-updates and other device/driver management things that will manipulate the audio device. I was constantly having to select which driver or device was default until i started making changes as admin but only using a user account. My mobo required the "manual" activation of DTS 5.1 Interavtive and I was having crashes requiring running the fix after very crash. Unselecting "allow apps to take exclusive control" may have been one of the final settings that I was able to change. I never figured out exactly what it was I just went through I took back all other redundant or disabled audio related stuff that wasn't the latest AAF Optimus (is that what to call it now?)

Critical steps: I actually had to jot down notes so I wouldn't rush or skips steps.
This worked for me but only after lots of crashes. Nothing is gospel here just my opinion and this is merely n effort to track my progress or possibly help someone else who wants HD Audio to work period or enable full potential. The location of the speakers front, rear and center matter and have corresponding settings in receiver. Thick braided copper wire, grounded outlets and caution to avoid loose wires shorting at terminals are basic stuff. I found the manual for the Sony STR-DE545 Receiver and SSV230 5.1 micro speakers online. The bass response is surprisingly good. I use VLC for movies, Foobar2K for music and play PC games without problems. I even tried changing settings to see if it would break so at least from this user exp is STABLE - Thank you Alan!

Create Admin account (Enterprise edition) and new User account with password (no Admin privileges)

I installed as admin but use in user account. I have disable most if not all of the Asus AI Suite 2 as its was not functioning by Windows tries to run if I reboot. I just respond no. Windows 10 is able to use some of the critical drivers off Asus driver support page but I have also installed newest Realtek LAN drivers, Intel Chipset (2019) and AsRock SATA controllers directly from the manufacturer. Nothing from Asus P9X79 LE support/driver page has been updated after 2016, the BIOS is 2014. My point being that relying of Asus Update, Microsoft Sore, Windows Updates or anything other than cheery picking and install it yourself is a bad idea. It is a pain the ass, trial and error process that was totally worth it. At one point I had virtually every store feature and security check enabled in effort to use the "native" RT apps. Going though all the settings that affect audio and removing or disable anything you are certain you don't need and isnt integral sucks. It was a long pain i the butt but the "problem" is Windows trying to ensure a better plug and play functionality. Nothing new its just there is so much more than ever, nothing I needed or installed by choice. I am holding off on updates installing until I know if it will wreck everything like the Oct 2019 package did.

Realtek HD Audio ALC892 circa 2012 - clean driver install, DDU now supports Realtek driver removal! Uninstall as instructed by DDU (carefully, RTFM)
I have old AMD/Nvidia/HDMI and other crap in registry and driver depository folders in windows. It took a while to smoke these out but DDU did it. Just back up and read warning so you dont create new problems as the Realtek function is still beta but that rule is always true. You may need to check BIOS setting to confirm audio device or HDMI settings. The only thing I had before that is now gone is my analog inpt device for microphone doesnt work now and I used to be able to play music analog out to headphone front panel jack. It may still work just noting change. I dont really need it now but will try again in future.

Rebooting and installing in safe boot, then use "recovery" reboot options to bypass signed drivers. Reboot and enable DTS Interactive. Reboot and open Windows Audio Device. Set default device (Digital S/PDIF Optical Out) Right click and select Properties.
TABS:
General (make mental note of driver location and ensure AAF is active) I have more than one RT driver folder before DDU
Supported formats: ALL not sure if WMA works or how to use it but the receiver supports all these rates. Dolby, DTS/AFD/PCM etc but no HDMI though
Levels: N/A
Enhancements: Disable! Uncheck immediate mode. This constantly enabling itself and I have no idea what was doing it. It might have been ATI HDMI audio.
Dolby: Nope I wish I understood what Dolby offers that adds to improves over DTS. Is ProLogic still used?
Advanced: DTS Interactive (5.1 surround) yeah hell Unselect "Exclusive Mode"
Spacial Sound: Negative (one thing nice with using a receiver connected to PC is quickly switching off speakers and having headphones connected to receiver.

I have really bad surfers ear and I can't use headphones for long. That is probably what started this process. DTS 5.1 can amazing done right and with the Optimus tweaks. All of the gear was old, cheap and easy to find. I think older speakers and other components can sound better than newer, more cheaply produced "modern" products. Instead of getting suckered into buying "monstrous" cables basic lamp wires work great. The thicker the guage the better especially for longer run. I had some unused 12 gauge braided wire for landscape lighting. You can buy it by foot at hardware stores. I hope people try to get the most of what they got. At least in my case its been fun and educational. My next goal is a Raspberry PI/KODI box.

At this point the values you need to choose or configure may vary but my mission was SPDIF out of DTS signal to home theater receiver from 2007ish. There are 7 tabs here but I need is DTS Interactive. I ended up not selecting Dolby Home Theater and that could have been what stopped the manager crashing. No noticeable change to sound and seemed redundant. Not sure of both can even work conjunctively. Movies sound amazing just using VLC as the receiver is doing the work. The "ear" check matters most then stability. Sound quality varies so much with content, format and setting- nothing is static but learning how to dial it in has been best part of this deal.

Someone mentioned github and a problem but it appears to have been resolved. I think its wrong to throw out hardware that is still useful and consumers have a right to use home brewed software in the absence of an alternative. These companies make so much money it does not them anything, particularly when the device suite and functionality has been "sunset" by its manufacturer. At least in my case it was a really sore subject to see Asus so quick to essentially abandon a motherboard described (later) as Windows 10 supported when the AI Suite 2 is broken and there was no attempt to migrate the native Win8.1 drivers that the MS store was constantly installing for me without asking. But that is just MS being MS. Keep being awesome. If anything I hope Asus/ROG/Realtek puts you on retainer or help to support customers. My new thing has been using the Foobar2000 music player. It has been around for a long time and the open source community around it of artists and programmers has allowed people use media as they choose when I see more and more people who gravitate to Spotify or other services that charge more and offer very limited controls. Privacy laws in California now more closely resemble the standard in the EU requiring companies get permission to harvest data or use your system resources for their gain and offer nothing in return. Some people dont care or bother. That is fine, I guess but after actually reading what you are allowing I just can't imagine why I would want or need to surrender all that info without benefit. Ok no more ranting. Wage peace and stay safe, humans.

AAF Optimus

Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Alan what is fastest way to check the build version number installed/active? The one i am using is stable so I am not changing anything without need but all I know about the build is date May 9, installed no later than may 12. I see there have been several updates since then I have several saved. Just want proper way to check sorry if I missing obvious, Time for lunch, thank you!

AAF Optimus

Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Alan what is fastest way to check the build version number installed/active? The one i am using is stable so I am not changing anything without need but all I know about the build is date May 9, installed no later than may 12. I see there have been several updates since then I have several saved. Just want proper way to check sorry if I missing obvious, Time for lunch, thank you!
Windows 10: Start Menu > Settings > System > About
Realtek Driver: Realtek HD Audio Manager > Information

AAF Optimus

Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK