• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Reflashing to original 5700 non XT bios fails with "ROM not erased ERROR/ F0L01"

HoldMyRootBeer

Alright so I’m so close I can taste it..... and yet I feel so far.I have followed everything y’all have said to the T and I’m still struggling. I’ve got an rx5700 red devil and it’s been a devil to flash it with the XT bios. I have tried safe mode, the pc is currently booted with the Dos Version That STMK posted. Every single time it says “bios authentication signature mismatched” How do I sign the bios so that I’m good. Any help is appreciated

Hey try with this create a bootable unit and put this (atiflash.exe).

in it along with the bios you want to flash rename to (bios.rom) then restart your pc and start from that same unit then execute the following commands

atiflash -i
atiflash -unlockrom
atiflash -f -p 0 bios.rom

Attachments

• atiflash.exe
    337.7 KB · Views: 289

HoldMyRootBeer

Hey try with this create a bootable unit and put this (atiflash.exe).

in it along with the bios you want to flash rename to (bios.rom) then restart your pc and start from that same unit then execute the following commands

atiflash -i
atiflash -unlockrom
atiflash -f -p 0 bios.rom
This some newer version of atiflash than STMK posted?

It is the same I used it a few days ago and it works perfect, however I had connected a ryzer pci-e x1 card to x16 and apparently I modified the registry or something I had to reinstall windows from 0 for it to work and I did not reset it I had to format the partition and then follow the steps in the STMK post just make sure to make a copy of your files or simply flash the card on another pc and then connect it to your pc

HoldMyRootBeer

It is the same I used it a few days ago and it works perfect, however I had connected a ryzer pci-e x1 card to x16 and apparently I modified the registry or something I had to reinstall windows from 0 for it to work and I did not reset it I had to format the partition and then follow the steps in the STMK post just make sure to make a copy of your files or simply flash the card on another pc and then connect it to your pc
Yeah see that’s what I had just tried when i made my comment on here. I used the Dos file, it was running, unlocked rom and then tried to flash and it won’t do it

Well you can try the following I did this and it worked.
update the bios of your motherboard clean the cmos then format your main unit where the os is installed and proceed to flash your video card

Unknown Name

The download link for the rar containing the dos atiflash.exe broke. Here is a updated link: https://powerdriver.s3.us-west-1.amazonaws.com/RX5600XT_BIOS/RX5600_XT_RedDragon_0304_DOS.rar
If it gets broken again in the future go to powercolors website and go to Home -> Download -> Drivers -> RX 5600 SERIES and grab one of the rars containing the dos atiflash.exe.

Steps to follow again:
  1. Follow the guide from How-to-Geek to create a bootable DOS USB drive.
  2. Unrar(unpack/open) the files from the powercolor download link (see comment above if it broke)(thanks to STMK for finding) and copy the "atiflash.exe" file to your USB stick. Copy your 5700 vBIOS file to the stick and rename it "5700.rom"
  3. Boot from the USB stick. You may need to adjust some legacy compatibility settings in your motherboard's BIOS to boot from the USB drive. In my case: enable CSM (compatability support module) and disable fastboot. Remember your original settings if you have to change any.
  4. At the DOS command prompt, use the command "atiflash -i" to confirm the adapter number of your GPU. The default is 0, but run the command just to confirm.
  5. Run the command "atiflash -unlockrom 0" to make sure your vBIOS is unlocked for writing.
  6. Run the command "atiflash -f -p 0 5700.rom". The vBIOS should flash and you can reboot your computer.
  7. Change any motherboard BIOS settings back if you needed to change anything in step 3.
Thanks to and largely quoted from: ProperDavid & STMK and the other people participation in this thread.
Did you follow all the steps from this post?

pomawka881

After a failed BIOS firmware, I got a black screen when booting. My graphics card has a dual BIOS, so I booted in silent mode. I could not flash the broken BIOS, I tried all possible options. The Windows version of ATIFlash did not open. An error popped up - The BIOS memory is not read. When executing the "amdvbflash -i" command, the value in the TEST field was "ffff" instead of "pass". Even "atiflash.exe" from the respected STMK did not flash the BIOS! In any case, I was getting error 0FL01 when flashing. As a result, the "amdvbflash" version for Linux helped me to flash the BIOS. If you have the same problem, try the Linux version!

Last edited:

skaldic

After a failed BIOS firmware, I got a black screen when booting. My graphics card has a dual BIOS, so I booted in silent mode. I could not flash the broken BIOS, I tried all possible options. The Windows version of ATIFlash did not open. An error popped up - The BIOS memory is not read. When executing the "amdvbflash -i" command, the value in the TEST field was "ffff" instead of "pass". Even "atiflash.exe" from the respected STMK did not flash the BIOS! In any case, I was getting error 0FL01 when flashing. As a result, the "amdvbflash" version for Linux helped me to flash the BIOS. If you have the same problem, try the Linux version!
From my past experiences the dos utility works best. There’s an archive in this thread with the req files. Glad you were able to recover it.

How is driver support for your 5700 almost XTs ? Do you use the latest version? I’m at 20.11.2 anything above it makes some games freeze with a black screen. Powercolor 5700 Red Dragon (almost XT)

pomawka881

From my past experiences the dos utility works best. There’s an archive in this thread with the req files. Glad you were able to recover it.

How is driver support for your 5700 almost XTs ? Do you use the latest version? I’m at 20.11.2 anything above it makes some games freeze with a black screen. Powercolor 5700 Red Dragon (almost XT)
The DOS version of the program did not help me now. Previously, when it was necessary to return from the BIOS from XT to the original one, I used the program from STMK. Now I use the original BIOS versions from RX5700 (without XT). OC version and modified Silent.