• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Should I use DDU before installing drivers using NVCleanInstall?

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
Are you just upgrading the driver version? then no need for DDU

Generally I found very little use for DDU, unless there's issues.

No, I Am reinstalling using NVCLeanInstall to get fps boost, i am worried about residue, i read from other sources you should use DDU before you NVCleanInstall, it makes sense, just wanted to ask if that is necessary.

You know what never mind. I will probably use it to be sure, I never had an issue before.

D

Deleted member 57642

While having all kinds of issues with Driver Updates in the past - DDU became a tradition for installing GPU/Sound Drivers (just to be sure - type of thing).

Tho, unless i notice any issues - where GPU drivers can be the culprit - i don't bother anymore with every new driver release. Even more than that - I switched from Game Ready Drivers to Studio Drivers - since i find the latter to be more stable. Maybe in the past was different - but i didn't notice any drops in FPS while using either GRD or SD. Then again... i guess they're simply staying true the name - rushing some Driver optimizations for recently released titles. Which i rarely play (been awhile since an upcoming released peaked my interest) - so others might see some improvement with those (be it higher FPS or resolved issues impacted by older drivers) .

Hmm I read it boosted fps sometimes for users, it is worth of trying! I Am very tight RTX 3070 2080mhz OC from 1935, 4800mhz 9600KF (CPU is barely not maxed), 3200mhz 2x8GB g.skill.

Should I try disable telemetry, do you think there is any potential for fps increase? IT is experimental, so i left it off for now...

I will try disable telemetry when using NVCleanInstall, any other interesting features that I could enable for fps boost?

I need every bit of boost for RE4 :D

Last edited: