• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

Processor Phenom II 960t 4050mhz
Motherboard MSI 970A-G46
Cooling Corsair water cooler cpu, air rest
Memory Corsair Vengence 8g 2133
Video Card(s) GTX 550ti and N460GTX hawk
Power Supply 550w system, 850w Video cards
Software Windows 7 64bit ultimate
ok update. Can get it semi stable if i turn off driver signature enforcement. But still get black screens during high gpu usage ex. benchmarks like 3d mark. In game play like wow and elder scrolls get high increases in fps but black screens after hour or so of play. Any advise or recommendations would be much appreciated.

Vavilon

Please send or publish next stable/beta version of Different SLI patch. I have GTX670 and GTX650Ti Boost. Trying to configure SLI using old drivers but when I am activating SLI in Nvidia Panel - driver is being crashed during Applying settings unfortunately. Maybe your next/beta release will help.

BanDit

Help please!!! I have "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660" and "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760. When I am activating SLI in Nvidia Panel - driver is being crashed during Applying settings unfortunately. Driver ver.335.23. Motherboard - MAXIMUS VI FORMULA

I have "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660" and "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760.

You have the same problem that Vavilon asked about (see the reply immediately above your post). They have different GPUs, so will not work together in SLI.

jikuhart

helo Ember
i have one 660ti and one 670
i have some trouble:
1.after i apply sli option, screen blur and Nvidia CP stop working (670 as primary VGA),i tried witch all driver version
2.if i set 660ti as primary,i can apply Sli option but when i play any game=>black screen although i hear sound and music in game. then my pc freeze(only work in 335.23 and 334.89)

please help me,thank you somuch
sr my bad english

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-05-14 11.58.32.png
    Screenshot 2014-05-14 11.58.32.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 634

tux_topo

helo Ember
i have one 660ti and one 670
i have some trouble:
1.after i apply sli option, screen blur and Nvidia CP stop working (670 as primary VGA),i tried witch all driver version
2.if i set 660ti as primary,i can apply Sli option but when i play any game=>black screen although i hear sound and music in game. then my pc freeze(only work in 335.23 and 334.89)

please help me,thank you somuch
sr my bad english

I had similar problems, with an 680 + 660ti. The GPU are the same, so the should work fine.... but no.
Couldnt fix it.

jikuhart

I had similar problems, with an 680 + 660ti. The GPU are the same, so the should work fine.... but no.
Couldnt fix it.
i think because driver.when i swap 660ti as primary,sli enable but cant play games

tux_topo

i think because driver.when i swap 660ti as primary,sli enable but cant play games
I don´t remember exactly what happend when i made that change, but the result was useless....

Can I mix 755M with my 750M in lenovo Y510P ?
Have anyone tried that ?
Maybe it´s possible, as far as both cards have the same type of memory (apparently the 755 have gddr5 and the 750 use to have gddr3, but in rare ocassions can have gddr5)... Question, how can you put both gpus inside the notebook? I´m reading and that model have something called Ultrabay that can give you the capabillitie of SLI... but can´t find anything more clear about it... So, if you already have all the pieces, try it and share the results with us... but if you are about to buy the Ultrabay, i don´t recomend you... This kind of patch tend to be very sentimental... so it can fail you (the most common situation).

totocarry

Maybe it´s possible, as far as both cards have the same type of memory (apparently the 755 have gddr5 and the 750 use to have gddr3, but in rare ocassions can have gddr5)... Question, how can you put both gpus inside the notebook? I´m reading and that model have something called Ultrabay that can give you the capabillitie of SLI... but can´t find anything more clear about it... So, if you already have all the pieces, try it and share the results with us... but if you are about to buy the Ultrabay, i don´t recomend you... This kind of patch tend to be very sentimental... so it can fail you (the most common situation).

I can put it in my notebook as there is an ultabay slot , i am about to buy it But not sure :S , thanks for the reply

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
This is a beta release. I am not updating the patcher unless it does not work on the stable release of the drivers when they are released.

I've created a custom build with a new signature for this beta build and will PM you the patched driver for you to test.

In regards to 337.50 and being beta, why is that relevant? Haven't most of the recent driver installs we've been doing, been beta? (For every one WHQL, there's about six betas - that's just how Nvidia does it. The probability of us using all WHQL is unlikely).

This is important because unlike AMD, you cannot manually update SLI profiles with Nvidia drivers (or at least not with a few simple clicks).

kaisersozet

OK !! The problem was from google chrome who doesn't want download this because it contain an .exe, so.. sorry for the latest post but i've download it and i'll test it on my configuration (sorry for my english, it's not ma mother toung)

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
What is different?
v1.0 did not have the patch signatures for 337.88 and was updated. I did not have to update it for months because NVIDIA did not change the compiler settings, which were changed in 337.88. It is able to patch all versions to WHQL 337.88 from around WHQL 290.53 which is based on a set of about 5 different permutations for some patches as compiler optimizations affected the code areas needing to be patched. It is a universal patch, but is not completely intelligent to find new patch permutations.

Sasin2k11

Did all the steps in the read me:

1) Install original NVIDIA drivers
2) Put cards together you want to SLI
3) Reboot
4) Copy original "nvlddmkm.sys" from "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\" and put it in the same folder as the patcher.
5) Run "DifferentSLIAuto.exe" and press patch, if everything went well it will say that patching was successful, if not contact Ember on techPowerUp! and do not continue.
6) Log in as Administrator
7) UAC must be disabled

But when i get here:
8) run Install.cmd: I get this message

Please HELP

Sasin2k11

So I followed the instructions as listed above got this:

OK I deleted the third line as you said: "if not exist "tools\" goto wtfrudoin"

Then it showed this:

So even do it said it did not find any Patch i still restarted and same old same old no go :(

More HELP would be Nice :)

MoMo

So I followed the instructions as listed above got this:

OK I deleted the third line as you said: "if not exist "tools\" goto wtfrudoin"

Then it showed this:

So even do it said it did not find any Patch i still restarted and same old same old no go :(

More HELP would be Nice :)

Take (1) out of the folder name. I'm going to assume that your virus protector messed up your first extraction? If not it doesn't matter just get rid of the (1) so the Install.cmd file can locate the folder to make changes to the .sys file because its looking for folder "DifferentSLIAuto1.1" not "DifferentSLIAuto1.1(1)"

I had your problem and i fixed it by doing this. Good luck.

Sasin2k11

Take (1) out of the folder name. I'm going to assume that your virus protector messed up your first extraction? If not it doesn't matter just get rid of the (1) so the Install.cmd file can locate the folder to make changes to the .sys file because its looking for folder "DifferentSLIAuto1.1" not "DifferentSLIAuto1.1(1)"

I had your problem and i fixed it by doing this. Good luck.

I Already tried that last night bro still no go, but what i am seeing is when the patch runs it makes a new file called ( nvlddmkm.sys.bak )
I Am wondering if that's the patch its looking for as everything else as its original name.