• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

Steinmaster170

Thanks Fgante for the tip.
I actually managed to enable the sli in the control panel without crashing the driver. I had to force the physx to either the gtx980 or gtx980ti. However, forcing the phsyx seems to prevent the second card from working properly, the load is always at 0%.
just curious did you do dedicated physx option?

System Name Te Juggernaut
Processor Intel Core i7 3770
Motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z77
Cooling Watercooling Loop
Memory 16 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) 3X GTX 660 Ti`s
Power Supply Cooler master Silent Pro 1000 w
Mouse Razer Deathader
Thanks Fgante for the tip.
I actually managed to enable the sli in the control panel without crashing the driver. I had to force the physx to either the gtx980 or gtx980ti. However, forcing the phsyx seems to prevent the second card from working properly, the load is always at 0%.
Yeah because graphics cards are not working on SLI only one card will work and second will do for physx. But if the game you are playing doesnt have any physx workload the exclusive physx card wont show any activity at all. Is Control panel allowing to you to activate SLI with 980/980ti?

Pap

@Steinmaster170 Yes, I need to force the physx to one card in order to be able to activate SLI.

@Fgante Yes, the control panel allows me to activate the SLI, but it's useless because of the physx.

Last edited:

Steinmaster170

@Steinmaster170 Yes, I need to force the physx to one card in order to be able to activate SLI.

@Fgante Yes, the control panel allows me to activate the SLI, but it's useless because of the physx.
i think sli does not work because the second card is already forced to do physx. Let me know if you can activate sli without dedicating one card to physx.

I've been unable to get DifferentSLI work so I can SLI cards on a Intel 5520 Chipset motherboard I have. Both cards are detected and running, Will not give me the SLI options in Nvidia Control Panel. I've tried DifferentSLI 1.3, 1.3.1 and 1.4.

I've removed the DifferentSLI certs ever time I've tried it using a different version. I'm using Windows 10, 64-bit and two GTX 470s.

Mouse Razer Deathader
I've been unable to get DifferentSLI work so I can SLI cards on a Intel 5520 Chipset motherboard I have. Both cards are detected and running, Will not give me the SLI options in Nvidia Control Panel. I've tried DifferentSLI 1.3, 1.3.1 and 1.4.

I've removed the DifferentSLI certs ever time I've tried it using a different version. I'm using Windows 10, 64-bit and two GTX 470s.
Follow tutorial at the end of page 69 hope it help ;)

Mouse Razer Deathader
I tried that, and many other methods, several times. Didn't help.
I ve checked that intel 5520 is like a server motherboard or something? Does it have at least CossfireX certification? Maybe your MoBo does not have any MultiGpu support at all.:ohwell:

Steinmaster170

I ve checked that intel 5520 is like a server motherboard or something? Does it have at least CossfireX certification? Maybe your MoBo does not have any MultiGpu support at all.:ohwell:
i got the same problem as warboy. should i try earlier versions of the software and driver?

same on windows 10 for me with 4 titan X and supermicro motherboard.
Before patch the sli option is here but in grey, I can t check it.
after patch the sli option just disappear from nivida control panel.

On windows 7 its worck but only after use hypersli after different sli.
You can try that, guy.

Mouse Razer Deathader
same on windows 10 for me with 4 titan X and supermicro motherboard.
Before patch the sli option is here but in grey, I can t check it.
after patch the sli option just disappear from nivida control panel.

On windows 7 its worck but only after use hypersli after different sli.
You can try that, guy.
I think that workstation MoBo only support Quad GPU SLI but no 4 way SLI...by the way OMG 4 Titans:twitch:

Its not cause of the mobo , cause its worck on windows 7 with diferent sli + hypersli

Its cause of womthing with windows 10 and mayber UEFI and VT X

Steinmaster170

Its not cause of the mobo , cause its worck on windows 7 with diferent sli + hypersli

Its cause of womthing with windows 10 and mayber UEFI and VT X
is there any way to fix this without going back to windows 7 because i don't think i can go back?

RobVice

Not sure if Ember still browses this thread, but I want to thank him/her immensely. It has worked so well that I've even properly signed the driver so I may run it without testing mode.

Running 364.72 without a hitch.

Huge props to you for enabling what NVIDIA should have allowed in the first place.

Windows 7 x64 Pro
x2 GTX 750 Ti

Last edited:

CookieMons7er

This just made my P8Z77-V LX work in SLI! Thank you so much, I thought I would have to fork out to get a new motherboard! You sir, you have my gratitude.

Btw, 1.2 is working perfectly with the latest nVidia drivers.

Hey extrooper, just saw your post today I have similar problem with the same board, can you explain how have you done it ??

Cheer´s

Snei

Hi, comrads! I have GeForce 8600GT 256mb and GeForce 7600GS 512mb. Can I use SLI with these videocards through DifferentSliAuto ?
p.s. motherboard can support SLI.

simbolika

Hi, comrads! I have GeForce 8600GT 256mb and GeForce 7600GS 512mb. Can I use SLI with these videocards through DifferentSliAuto ?
p.s. motherboard can support SLI.
Hey! Just try it! You now look like an idiot, you have everything to run this motherboard with 2 graphics cards and SLI bridge.
Just do it, start install different sli and etc!

Snei

Hey! Just try it! You now look like an idiot, you have everything to run this motherboard with 2 graphics cards and SLI bridge.
Just do it, start install different sli and etc!

Thx! I know, but can't try it now cause this old computer is at my home in another city. I can come only after 4 days. Waiting.. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hi Ember, I m realy sorry to bother you with my problem, as a lots of people, but I m really desperate.

My rig:)
http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/62191220160304182439.jpg
http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/61819920160304182643.jpg
http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/29420920160304182711.jpg

X9DRX+-F
2x 2690 V2 oem
2X koolance 1700W rev 1.0 et 1.5
4X TITAN X moded
6X SM951 NVME 512

My problem, as I say here:
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/sli-with-different-cards.158907/page-68#post-3398570

Its a shame for me to have this 4 GC and can run it in sli on windows 10 :(

I have test some many time and different thing,
Before patch, on nvidia control panel the sli option is visible but the sli check box stay grey.

After patching done well: the sli menu on NCP just disappear.

The system truly use the patched driver, I can see the right DLL patched and signed loaded.
and during the patch every thing look OK.

Strangely

In windows 7 the diferent sli patch fail to, but direcly after instal hypersli too, the sli option appear. (and I loose the VTX on the system :( )
But on windows 10 hypersli make the OS unbootable.

Please If you have a way for fix that ...
At my state I can t do nothing more than test.

thanks

Hello. I'm sorry for my English at first, hope u understand.
Has configuration:
P7P55 LX Mobo,
2xGTX 460 (MSI + Inno3D),
600W.
Trying everything: different drivers, different OS, changes between videocards. Find 1 trouble, hope it is fixible. In different tests like Furmark, OCCTPT, Unigine_Heaven and nvidiainspector integrated SLI works well. But in games i has 4-6 fps. I think its because 1 of PCI-E slots works in x4. Tested 1 of the cards in that slot - again perfect in tests (24-26 fps, for example), but in games 4-6 fps. What is it may be?
Thank alot for any help and advices.

Mouse Razer Deathader
Hello. I'm sorry for my English at first, hope u understand.
Has configuration:
P7P55 LX Mobo,
2xGTX 460 (MSI + Inno3D),
600W.
Trying everything: different drivers, different OS, changes between videocards. Find 1 trouble, hope it is fixible. In different tests like Furmark, OCCTPT, Unigine_Heaven and nvidiainspector integrated SLI works well. But in games i has 4-6 fps. I think its because 1 of PCI-E slots works in x4. Tested 1 of the cards in that slot - again perfect in tests (24-26 fps, for example), but in games 4-6 fps. What is it may be?
Thank alot for any help and advices.
Are you sure you only have the graphics cards intalled in pci e slots?. dont you have aditional cards like sound or LAN card? If not make sure your SLI is working 16x-4x using GPU-Z maybe aditional pci e devices are consuming mobo lanes and second card doesnt have enough to work satisfactorily. Besides verify bios configuration and check if pci e slot is configured at 4x. I think less than 4 lanes are not enough for graphics card data rate transference.

Are you sure you only have the graphics cards intalled in pci e slots?. dont you have aditional cards like sound or LAN card? If not make sure your SLI is working 16x-4x using GPU-Z maybe aditional pci e devices are consuming mobo lanes and second card doesnt have enough to work satisfactorily. Besides verify bios configuration and check if pci e slot is configured at 4x. I think less than 4 lanes are not enough for graphics card data rate transference.

Yes, I'm sure. All other PCI-E is free. There are no options about PCI-E in BIOS, overclocking and PCIPnP excluded.
SLI is enabled and works very well in tests (AFR, AFR2 and SFR - tried all of it). Main question is - what games uses, but tests is not? Maybe answer can help.
P.S. See now that my slow card working in slow PCI-E 1.1 x4 instead of PCI-E 2.0 x4. Find some information how to change it - tried 285.62 drivers instead of 362.00 - same result. May the problem be because of it?

Steinmaster170

i got a b85 g41 pc mate did anybody else get this program to work with this motherboard without drivers crashing?

Mouse Razer Deathader
i got a b85 g41 pc mate did anybody else get this program to work with this motherboard without drivers crashing?
What Gpus are you trying to run??