• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

veiker

write down on start user setting u will see, the command setting for change setting user control. Im italian i dont know the setting in english

baker_jeff

Thanks for the reply! Is this the one?

I found four different "nvlddmkm2.sys" files, tried to patch each one and only the 4th worked. I updated the installer file to point to the location where the working patched file was found. The installer doesn't work and shows 0 successfully installed, 1 error.

I'm using a Dell Precision T3610 with two matching EVGA GTX 970 SSC. Thanks!

veiker

u need to follow my step, but before everything clean up, register and certificate like i already explained up, and clean install driver by DDU uninstaller

Sajin

1.6 link isn't working anymore, could someone please create a new link. Thanks.

veiker

1.6 differentsliauto and new install win10

Attachments

• DifferentSLIAuto1.6.rar
    658.5 KB · Views: 885
  • Install.rar
    778 bytes · Views: 675

baker_jeff

Ok! I did full uninstall and clean install of the drivers.

I patched the file (it was in the right spot, and patched on the first try).
I downloaded your installer and edited the locations to match the folder on my system.
I booted into Safemode and ran the installer as administrator. It successfully updated 1 file.
Restarted into normal mode... SLI still not available in the Nvidia control panel.

Any other tips or things I can check?

Thanks!

veiker

try again before all:
open promt comand (cmd) as admin and copy paste this one for time
bcdedit.exe /set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit.exe /set NOINTEGRITYCHECKS ON
bcdedit.exe /set TESTSIGNING ON

and clean register via regedit and certificate via cert (on start)

bolth find: differentsliauto and delete everything u find

and try again

Apache

Hey veiker I'm having an issue with getting the SLI option show up and was wondering if you might have a solution. This is what I have done so far:

Using Windows 10 64bit.

Set User Account Control to zero.

Used the 1.6 installer, along with your patched 'install.cmd', changed the directory to properly reflect my driver in the FileRepository.

So when I run Install.cmd I get a message saying that 1 file was processed, but none were copied, claiming that a file is in use by another program.

Any idea?

Thank you in advanced!

Attachments

• differentslicmd.png
    differentslicmd.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 665

veiker

do it again from zero,

regedit and FIND and delete all differentsliauto voice
cert (on start) and delete all the certificate of differentsliauto

start again everystep u need to restart, from the first

install driver nvidia clean via DDU (guru3d.com)
restart

as admin

UAC zero

restart

patch the different sli auto 1.6
delete the install.cmd install and copy my one (u can find some message above,)
as u said change the directory with ur respective location

restart on SAFE MODE

open install.cmd as admin

1file copied

sistem32 find msconfig inside and turn back to normal mode

378.49 nvlddmkm.sys file not patching for me... maybe program need a tweek again :(

@mgi125, maybe you can help us if you have some free time :)

Last edited:

Aristides

Okey, i am here to report, first excuse me for my bad english, i speak spanish

I have two EVGA GTX 980Ti one Classified and the other SC version of each.
Before trying this differentsli driver, i was pretty much aware of the SLI capabilities on some demanding games at 4K like Watch Dogs 2 and Deux Mankind Divided, and therefore i was aware on how much FPS i was getting at that resolution.
Then it came to my mind, why dont try DifferentSLI, and altough i knew i was made for different GPU models to SLI together, i was thinking that maybe 2 GPUs of the same model will also work, perhaps better, perhaps worse than standard SLI.
So i went and install it in my Windows 10 Anniversary Edition with recent Nvidia Drivers version 378.49 that came out a few days ago.
Imagine my surprise, when after reboot, i quickly launched Watch Dogs 2 and see a few i must say but a few by 10 fps minimun in SLI
So, i really cant tell if i am using DiferentSLI or standard SLI because there is no problems on setup the SLI in nVidia Control Panel due to same GPUs
But, i honestly can confirm i have better FPS now with DifferentSLI than before with standard SLI.

I Wish, really wish someone else with same GPUs confirm this...because, i am not 100% sure, what i am sure is my FPS are better now, and i havent recall anything new made prior trying this drivers.

Regards,

Gothmessiah

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
Hello guys! I tried Veiker's steps, but what do you mean by "change the user controll setting and put on zero". Which control setting? Thanks!

Unless I'm mistaken they are referring to the UAC controls in users account settings

That dumb window that pops up and asks you every single step "are you sure you want to do this?"
I always thought everybody just disabled that option up on installing windows first step, windows 101.
At least I always have, along with setting the mouse pointer options to automatically move to the "OK" box. It's just one of those steps you take to save time

veiker

Okey, i am here to report, first excuse me for my bad english, i speak spanish

I have two EVGA GTX 980Ti one Classified and the other SC version of each.
Before trying this differentsli driver, i was pretty much aware of the SLI capabilities on some demanding games at 4K like Watch Dogs 2 and Deux Mankind Divided, and therefore i was aware on how much FPS i was getting at that resolution.
Then it came to my mind, why dont try DifferentSLI, and altough i knew i was made for different GPU models to SLI together, i was thinking that maybe 2 GPUs of the same model will also work, perhaps better, perhaps worse than standard SLI.
So i went and install it in my Windows 10 Anniversary Edition with recent Nvidia Drivers version 378.49 that came out a few days ago.
Imagine my surprise, when after reboot, i quickly launched Watch Dogs 2 and see a few i must say but a few by 10 fps minimun in SLI
So, i really cant tell if i am using DiferentSLI or standard SLI because there is no problems on setup the SLI in nVidia Control Panel due to same GPUs
But, i honestly can confirm i have better FPS now with DifferentSLI than before with standard SLI.

I Wish, really wish someone else with same GPUs confirm this...because, i am not 100% sure, what i am sure is my FPS are better now, and i havent recall anything new made prior trying this drivers.

Regards,

Gothmessiah

the 378.49 should now working with different sli auto, not yet we are waiting @mgi125 for upgrade

Apache

Well dang.

I did a clean install of my drivers after using the DDU from guru. Cleaned all my certs and registry entries. But now after I copy my nvlddmkm.sys file from the FileRepository to try and patch it, I get an error saying it cant find Patch #2.

veiker

378.49 does work with the 1.6 need to wait a new patch or just use older driver before the last one work perfectly

Apache

Just wanted to check back in and let you know that I was able to get it working following your steps veiker!

The key for me was going with an older driver, went with 376.33.

Successfully have a GTX 760 and GTX 770 running in SLI! Got a good jump in my 3DMark score! :D

Huge thanks to veiker, mgi125, and everyone else!

nordisk

Hey guys im trying to enable sli on a 1060 and a 960 i read all threads here but after i start with the pached driver without driver signature i get a blue screen of death . can someone help me ?

veiker

Hey guys im trying to enable sli on a 1060 and a 960 i read all threads here but after i start with the pached driver without driver signature i get a blue screen of death . can someone help me ?

is not possible, they are 2 different chip maxwell and pascal

JustCallMeVlad

Has anyone gotten 3 way 1060s to work in any benchmarks? How about 4 way. I've got money to burn and if they work in firestrike, timespy I want to know about it asap