• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

IZaGe

Try clean install of drivers with version 337.88, not the latest.
OP's readme suggests that is the latest supported version in autopatcher, thats also the driver I use. Maybe that will help?

History
--------
version 1.1 05/26/14 Supporting up to WHQL 337.88
Tried it, same thing, however I can go all the way up to main menus then it black screens when I try load something in 3d. It's odd because I can run heaven bencg mark and fur mark at 400×300 res and sli seems to be working fine

nightwolf

Tried it, same thing, however I can go all the way up to main menus then it black screens when I try load something in 3d. It's odd because I can run heaven bencg mark and fur mark at 400×300 res and sli seems to be working fine

One last thing I can think of, if you didn't already tried..
Switchs the cards arround. The card with the lowest amount of VRAM should be primary card! :)

VultureX

Hmm, in addition I discovered that it doesn't matter whether I have the SLI bridge connected or not. The performance stays the same and the drivers will tell me that the bridge is not connected.
Maybe this means that the MSI card actually has broken SLI connectors?

I hope that someone can confirm here that 3D vision works and scales properly when using this patch. If that's the case, then I'm probably going to have to send my MSI card back, because the EVGA and the bridge are confirmed working...

Turns out an EVGA and MSI 970GTX don't work together in SLI. This patch allows them to work together in SLI and improve rendering performance, but it's not recommended to do this. The SLI bridge will still not be detected.
The patch is not responsible for bad 3D rendering behaviour. I have two MSI cards now, I can still say that all the issues I had with 3D are still there, so these are probably driver bugs.

timur743

Hello, could you tell me if gtx 680 and 980 are compatible here? I don't want to risk and see it burn, it would make me cry =)

nightwolf

I don't use the patch, I am the author of it.

haha oke Nice. Thanks and very good job! :rockout:

I can confirm your program is able to patch the latest WHQL driver 340.52.
Same note as above. I only install physicX and GPU driver.

Sorry but I can't test Version 344.60 because of I use 8800GT's and support stops after version 340.**

Last edited:
System Name 7754LIF3
Processor C2Q QX9770 @ 4Ghz 1,37v
Motherboard Asus Rampage Extreme X48
Cooling NZXT Kraken X60 + Fusion Block
Memory 4 x 4Gb DDR3 GSkill @ 1688Mhz
Video Card(s) Quad-SLI GTX590 Zotac HyperSLI v1.0 W7 & Different SLI W8.1
Storage 4 X 1TB WD Black Raid0
Display(s) 3 x SyncMaster 203B 20" Nvidia Surround 4200X1050@60hz
Case MIH CASE
Audio Device(s) SupremeFX X-Fi
Power Supply EnerMax MaxRevo 1500W
Software Windows 7 / 8.1 Up1. x64
Hi, new drivers 344.65 WHQL works well with DifferentSLI 1.1, greetings!

Last edited:
System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x

manlyman98

Hey everyone! Its nice to see the patch working out for most of you as it truly seems amazing. Unfortunately, I am having trouble getting it to work. I followed all the steps in the read me and got it once but when exiting test mode, windows updated and restarted, which killed my drivers somehow :(. Now, these are the steps I follow:
1. Put in one card (MSI gtx 680 2gb)
2. Turn on pc
3. Install latest nvidia drivers
4. Shut down
5. Plug in second card and bridge (gigabyte gtx 680 4gb)
6. Power on
7. place nvlddmkm.sys in patch folder
8. Run differentsliauto.exe
9. Reboot
10. Disable uac in regedit
11. Restart
12. Run install.cmd as admin
13. Restart
14. Enable sli and exit test mode.

It worked the first time but as I mentioned previously, windows update somehow uninstalled my nvidia drivers at step 14. Now, whenever I try again, I get stuck at step 7 because, for some reason, when I copy the sys file I get a message that it doesn't exist. I downloaded a backup and I got past that, but now on step 8 the patcher always gets an error: aborting because can't find #4 at all contact Ember.

What should I do? I've tried starting fresh with drive sweeper and even tried a restore point. Please help if you can it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I got it working! SLI is currently enabled, but there is still one issue: when launching games they freeze my entire computer, forcing me to shut down. any ideas?

Last edited:

nightwolf

dont know of It matter but i instal Both card At the Same Time, with no driver, rhen met Windows recognise and instal the standaard wdm driver. Reboot, instal nvidia driver.

try without sli bridge, i also het blackbscreen upon Gpu load when Using the sli bridge.

i also disable sli in cp before every shutdown, doing this assures i never gave bsod on startups.

changing the cards arround You alreadt did?

try older driver versions for testing, 337.88.

srry for bad English i'm on my Phone and Dutch autocorrect is interfering

manlyman98

dont know of It matter but i instal Both card At the Same Time, with no driver, rhen met Windows recognise and instal the standaard wdm driver. Reboot, instal nvidia driver.

try without sli bridge, i also het blackbscreen upon Gpu load when Using the sli bridge.

i also disable sli in cp before every shutdown, doing this assures i never gave bsod on startups.

changing the cards arround You alreadt did?

try older driver versions for testing, 337.88.

srry for bad English i'm on my Phone and Dutch autocorrect is interfering

Hey, nightwolf, thanks for the reply. I have changed the card around to get the patch to work. Should I switch them again? And I'll try the older driver and taking off the bridge. I'll let you know what happens.

Hey everyone! Its nice to see the patch working out for most of you as it truly seems amazing. Unfortunately, I am having trouble getting it to work. I followed all the steps in the read me and got it once but when exiting test mode, windows updated and restarted, which killed my drivers somehow :(. Now, these are the steps I follow:
1. Put in one card (MSI gtx 680 2gb)
2. Turn on pc
3. Install latest nvidia drivers
4. Shut down
5. Plug in second card and bridge (gigabyte gtx 680 4gb)
6. Power on
7. place nvlddmkm.sys in patch folder
8. Run differentsliauto.exe
9. Reboot
10. Disable uac in regedit
11. Restart
12. Run install.cmd as admin
13. Restart
14. Enable sli and exit test mode.

It worked the first time but as I mentioned previously, windows update somehow uninstalled my nvidia drivers at step 14. Now, whenever I try again, I get stuck at step 7 because, for some reason, when I copy the sys file I get a message that it doesn't exist. I downloaded a backup and I got past that, but now on step 8 the patcher always gets an error: aborting because can't find #4 at all contact Ember.

What should I do? I've tried starting fresh with drive sweeper and even tried a restore point. Please help if you can it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I got it working! SLI is currently enabled, but there is still one issue: when launching games they freeze my entire computer, forcing me to shut down. any ideas?
for the patch to run it needs to stay in test mode. you will need to do a clean install and leave it in test mode. uninstall drivers and turn off uac. shutdown. make sure both cards are installed with bridge. restart in safe mode and run DDU http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/ restart. install drivers, restart. open certmgr.msc and delete differentsliauto certificates there should be 2. unzip a fresh copy of differentsliauto, copy and paste nvlddmkm.sys run .exe then run install.cmd. reboot. sli should be enabled. turn uac back on, reboot. leave it in test mode. also if you have any problems after doing this. follow this procedure again with the cards in different slots bridge attached.

Last edited:

manlyman98

for the patch to run it needs to stay in test mode. you will need to do a clean install and leave it in test mode. uninstall drivers and turn off uac. shutdown. make sure both cards are installed with bridge. restart in safe mode and run DDU http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/ restart. install drivers, restart. open certmgr.msc and delete differentsliauto certificates there should be 2. unzip a fresh copy of differentsliauto, copy and paste nvlddmkm.sys run .exe then run install.cmd. reboot. sli should be enabled. turn uac back on, reboot. leave it in test mode. also if you have any problems after doing this. follow this procedure again with the cards in different slots bridge attached.

Hey seanstizz7, thanks for replying. I have done all of this and have tried switching the cards and I have gotten the same result. Under load, basically when launching any game or benchmark, I come across a BSOD. I am using Windows 8.1 and I believe that may be the issue since I use differentsliauto 1.1 and apparently there is a 1.1_2 somewhere in the thread I didn't know of. The user that posted it claims it fixes the issue for windows 8.1 and I am going to try it right now. I'll let you know how it goes. Thank you again.

manlyman98

Okay so I tried with differentautosli 1.1_2 and still get a BSOD with gpu load. Ive arranged the cards so that the one with less vram is primary. now ill try taking off the bridge and if that doesnt work ill switch the positions of the cards again. Any other suggestions? and does it matter what nvidia driver im using? currently trying with 344.65

manlyman98

Well, I've tried switching the cards and without the bridge... No luck. I'm going to try with driver 337.88 now.

manlyman98

Okay I tried all the suggestions and nothing worked :(. last thing I'm going to try is to revert to windows 7 or vista and try again. If it still doesn't work I'm stuck with two 680's that refuse to cooperate with each other. :(

XPAMOBHuK_RUS

Hello. I'll start with the problem. I've got to do SLI with 2 570gth. Then I turned off the test mode and all broke. Now all the methods do not help me. To activate SLI I used DifferentSLIAuto1.1_2.
If anyone can help, here is my skype dark_xpamobhuk.
PS I deleted the certificates differentsli and now I do not know how to return them. Maybe that's the problem?

Hi and sorry about my english level ;(

Litle same problem.
On windows 8.1 full update (every thing worck on 7)
with DifferentSLI 1.1 or 1.1_2 donc worck

A part of HW:
3 titan
1 470
on supermicro X9DRX+-F

(all ccard ar on PCIE 8X

I Have already try:
-remove the 470 during all process
-Try with 4 diferant last driver verssion
-remove driver with DDU v13.4.1
-try on super admin with 1.1 (patch worck great but not worck finaly after reboot).
-remove the DifferentSLI certificat

After patch with DifferentSLI and after reboot the system can't boot, and after 2 4 try its boot without graphic driver.
Or with driver but without sli option.

I don t see other way ...

Hello. I'll start with the problem. I've got to do SLI with 2 570gth. Then I turned off the test mode and all broke. Now all the methods do not help me. To activate SLI I used DifferentSLIAuto1.1_2.
If anyone can help, here is my skype dark_xpamobhuk.
PS I deleted the certificates differentsli and now I do not know how to return them. Maybe that's the problem?
DO NOT TURN OFF WINDOWS TEST MODE! do a clean install. 1) uninstall drivers and turn off uac. 2)restart in safe mode and run DDU http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/ restart. 3) install drivers, restart. 4)open certmgr.msc and delete differentsliauto certificates. 5) delete differentSLIauto folder and unzip a fresh copy of differentsliauto, 6)copy and paste nvlddmkm.sys 7)run .exe then run install.cmd. reboot. sli should be enabled. turn uac back on, reboot. LEAVE IT IN TEST MODE!

Hi and sorry about my english level ;(

Litle same problem.
On windows 8.1 full update (every thing worck on 7)
with DifferentSLI 1.1 or 1.1_2 donc worck

A part of HW:
3 titan
1 470
on supermicro X9DRX+-F

(all ccard ar on PCIE 8X

I Have already try:
-remove the 470 during all process
-Try with 4 diferant last driver verssion
-remove driver with DDU v13.4.1
-try on super admin with 1.1 (patch worck great but not worck finaly after reboot).
-remove the DifferentSLI certificat

After patch with DifferentSLI and after reboot the system can't boot, and after 2 4 try its boot without graphic driver.
Or with driver but without sli option.

I don t see other way ...
what are your system specs more specifically? 700 series titans and a 470 series card dev's do not match. your mobo does not support sli but DifferentSLIauto might work on it with the 3 titans do you have 2 cpu's installed?

MoaBBad

Excellent tool I had a Faulty Titan in my threeway sli since it was no longer manufactured the dealer exchanged it with a Titan Black thanks to this tool I can use it in my sli config with 344.65 drivers