• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

So It Finally Happened---> First Genetic Engineered Human Born in China

Of course every controversial project starts with a Trojan Horse. Pretend that you are trying to do some "good", to be accepted.
Most likely China will try to use this to breed super soldiers.

PS: In US this is not done because it is illegal, not because they couldn't.
Impressive genius, strength and powerful people also beautiful, handsome and they have got good voices.

Impressive genius, strength and powerful people also beautiful, handsome and they have got good voices.
CHINAAA~ RISING!!!!! I personally welcome our new Chinese overlords. besides, they have the coolest looking tank so that's something i can get behind. That reminds me i should install Armoured Warfare again. Chinese tank line is the one i picked to max out first.

Sorry is very off topic.

Bioshock may come to life sooner than you thought.
Or Gatica..
Tampering with nature never ends well for anyone.
Said a caveman to another when they saw a fellow use fire to cook food.
Bones is right. We've done more harm than good with biological manipulation. Genetic tampering has the potential to be worse.
And would be appreciated if you could leave out the quickie political/anti-religious snippets - Both are not on topic.
This. Thank You.
Well, if you are Hindu, they believe we already came from the stars (other worlds).
No we don't :shadedshu:
Who's to say we didn't? The universe is a very old place. There are a lot of historical variables which suggest our species might have been "seeded" here.

I'd say the core belief is ~ human body is a vessel for soul. The body is mortal & expendable(?) while the soul is not. Human body you could say, is just a medium for soul & of course the soul is a part of God. There are many sects & gods in Hinduism but the core beliefs are pretty similar, though I'm not religious but I've grown up watching epic tales like Ramayan & Mahabharat on telly in the 90's - beyond that I've not gone too deep.
Who's to say we didn't? The universe is a very old place. There are a lot of historical variables which suggest our species might have been "seeded" here.
You might wanna take another look at that post.

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
I'd say the core belief is ~ human body is a vessel for soul. The body is mortal & expendable(?) while the soul is not. Human body you could say, is just a medium for soul & of course the soul is a part of God. There are many sects & gods in Hinduism but the core beliefs are pretty similar, though I'm not religious but I've grown up watching epic tales like Ramayan & Mahabharat on telly in the 90's - beyond that I've not gone too deep.You might wanna take another look at that post.

My quote is loose, but I've learned from my travels in India. I will try to get the text my wife (Hindu Brahmin) explained to me. Hopefully to clear up some issues. I may be mistaking Demon Lord Ravana flying Vimanas. I'm told too much from her family that it's hard to keep track.

Yes, I know you believe Brahama is creator of all life in your belief.

Edit: sorry, realized your not religious.

Actually most (all) the elements that Earth is made off (including us) came from exploded Supernovae.
We are all made of stardust.
https://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/educators/lessons/xray_spectra/background-elements.html

With conscience is a different story tough, that science cannot solve.

Current belief that is. I have heard many theories and this latest one is one of those.

Last edited:

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
Isn't this how you get Khan Noonien Singh and the Eugenics Wars?

There are a lot of historical variables which suggest our species might have been "seeded" here.

This. I subscribe to this theory. Also human beings are very different from all other species here, yet we are similar. But our bodies are too different too be directly evolved from Great Apes IMO. So I believe an alien species has manipulated the ancient Great Apes of earth and created a hybrid species, human beings, as an experiment. Thats what I think. And they are checking up on us, all the time. UFO's alien sightings, etc it's all too well documented to be false and hoaxes. Btw our government is either A) aware of this and co-operatign with the Aliens, or B) the "Elite" running the big countries are plants from the Aliens themselves. What's in Area 51??? It is NOT just a military air force testing base. I guarantee it.

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
Is this the Science and Technology forum or the Science Fiction forum?

Perhaps it's the damned Goa'uld at work here?

:)

Is this the Science and Technology forum or the Science Fiction forum?

Perhaps it's the damned Goa'uld at work here?

:)
Is that a stargate reference? btw i just googled it and it is. But, i recognised the name as i watched an episode of stargate about a month ago. the one where the guy with the thing on his forehead had the alien thing inside him and took it out and gave it to the kid, or something? so those aliens are like symbiotic right?

System Name Ladpot ◦◦◦ Desktop
Processor R7 5800H ◦◦◦ i7 4770K, watercooled
Motherboard HP 88D2 ◦◦◦ Asus Z87-C2 Maximus VI Formula
Cooling Mixed gases ◦◦◦ Fuzion V1, MCW60/R2, DDC1/DDCT-01s top, PA120.3, EK200, D12SL-12, liq.metal TIM
Memory 2× 8GB DDR4-3200 ◦◦◦ 2× 8GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) RTX 3070 ◦◦◦ heaps of dead GPUs in the garage
Storage Samsung 980 PRO 2TB ◦◦◦ Samsung 840Pro 256@178GB + 4× WD Red 2TB in RAID10 + LaCie Blade Runner 4TB
Display(s) HP ZR30w 30" 2560Ă—1600 (WQXGA) H2-IPS
Case Lian Li PC-A16B
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair AX860i
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S / Contour RollerMouse Red+
Keyboard Logitech Elite Keyboard from 2006 / Contour Balance Keyboard / Logitech diNovo Edge
Software W11 x64 ◦◦◦ W10 x64
Benchmark Scores It does boot up? I think.
One of the worst plagues of human mind is fear for failure.
Another great is fear for the unknown.
Lots of combined fears in this thread.

edit: sunday morning induced typos

Last edited:

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
This. I subscribe to this theory. Also human beings are very different from all other species here, yet we are similar. But our bodies are too different too be directly evolved from Great Apes IMO. So I believe an alien species has manipulated the ancient Great Apes of earth and created a hybrid species, human beings, as an experiment. Thats what I think. And they are checking up on us, all the time. UFO's alien sightings, etc it's all too well documented to be false and hoaxes. Btw our government is either A) aware of this and co-operatign with the Aliens, or B) the "Elite" running the big countries are plants from the Aliens themselves. What's in Area 51??? It is NOT just a military air force testing base. I guarantee it.

I think if you studied anthropology and archaeology, you'd see a great many factors of evolution playing out. It's pure fantasy to say we were seeded to become what we are, comet seeding theories for proteins and microbes excepted.

It's no different to subscribe to an idea based on no credible evidence, than it is to say 'anything' you want about origins. Besides there is the obvious convenience of ignoring the logical fallacy of the origin of the 'super-race' that apparently seeded earth.

As for Area 51. Military bases working with top secret projects tend to be cloaked in mystery, creating self perpetuating conspiracy theories. It is convenient that the US appropriated German rocket and aviation tech and worked on that, post WW2, likely at bases such as Roswell. The delta wing stealth bomber has its roots in German design. Imagine seeing a flying triangle over the desert, when planes never looked that way...

As for alien interventions in our world... Just like Russell's Teapot, it is impossible to refute, which does not make it a truth. I'd also argue, given the media and human nature, such a secret would be impossible to withhold from an entire planet.

So far off topic.

But, back to CRISPR. It shouldn't be seen as creating something new but amending the chaotic and random mistakes that occur in nature. Nobody is suggesting eugenics but the philosophy behind the science is positive. But of course, it would need regulation to avoid the abomination of designer humans (whatever ethnicity). If you are cosmetically designed by an ego driven parent, you begin life with choices removed. If you begin life immune from disease, that is an opportunity to thrive.

System Name Asrock 2012
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz
Motherboard ASRock 970 PRO3 AM3
Cooling Corsair H70 for CPU
Memory 64GB DDR3 1333mhz 16GBx4
Video Card(s) NVIDIA 1080 with stock fan
Storage 1TB GIGABYTE SSD NVME PCIE 2.0 + Samsung SSD Evo 850 250GB with Ubuntu + Samsung SSD 860 500GB win7
Display(s) LG HDR 31.5"
Case Big Black Tower
Audio Device(s) Realtek
Power Supply CORSAIR RM850X
Mouse wired chinese gaming mouse
Keyboard Microsoft ergonomic keyboard
Software Windows 10 64bit
Benchmark Scores +
I'd love to have my genes passed to my baby he deserves this. the conspiracy theory is that the cia and obama will now edit my baby to look like someone else including michelle.

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
There's lots of crap that could be conveniently engineered out. History of diabetes in your family? Heart disease? Maybe even something less serious like hair loss?

As for overpopulation problems... well, we could always just... stop overpopulating. Imagine if each couple only had one child? That cuts the population down significantly.

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
CHINAAA~ RISING!!!!! I personally welcome our new Chinese overlords. besides, they have the coolest looking tank so that's something i can get behind. That reminds me i should install Armoured Warfare again. Chinese tank line is the one i picked to max out first.

Sorry is very off topic.

Remember this cool looking tank? Life's not a game.

Here's another bit of nice info about your favorite overlords. And no, this is not science fiction, its as real as this topic's subject.

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/chinese-government-social-credit-score-privacy-invasion

Don't mistake wishful thinking with reality and proof of certain theories... to each his own, but 'its all too well documented to be false' is the worst kind of 'proof' you can present in defense of anything. In that sense anyone writing a few books on any subject can take those books and say 'look, its documented so can't be wrong'.

Last edited:
@Vayra86

sorry i get a bit excited sometimes and i live in my bubble so reality is harsh for me. My life is 75% video games:( i didn't mean to offend or suggest i condone bad things. i honestly just mean the type99a looks cool for me and that is 100% it. i see your point just wanted to make it known that i meant no implication that i support such acts by the Chinese government or anything. honestly iam lucky to live in UK as it is mostly a very nice country to live in. sure is not perfect but i do like the Uk. so yeah i'm sorry.

also about aliens i got really excited and i love sci-fi so... maybe it cloud my mind. But honestly there is"Something". the governments are hiding something, they even have paperwork on unidentified objects in the sky and seriously i do believe we have been visited by non human intelligent life~

There's lots of crap that could be conveniently engineered out. History of diabetes in your family? Heart disease? Maybe even something less serious like hair loss?

As for overpopulation problems... well, we could always just... stop overpopulating. Imagine if each couple only had one child? That cuts the population down significantly.
^ this. I agree with both points 100% and the second is very very valid, some couples have 5+ children and while having babies and raising children is very nice and rewarding, our current intfrasturcture, healthcare, resources and the earth cannont sustain our growth. A single child is the way forward. Btw if i ever have a partner in the future (also due to my sexuality) if i ever want a child(or more) we would adopt as there are many children that are already here and need loving homes.:love:

your first point is really good. and i 100% agree there is no negative issues with elimating hair loss, the only gain is positive^^

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
Sure, adoption is another way forward. You don't have to reproduce at all and can still raise a child. In fact, adopt as many as you want, that way you can still have a big family if that's your thing. You're still not increasing the population any and lending a big helping hand to somebody in need.

Due to the fact that we are humans and if you look up to history, you will see a lot of diseases in past such as plague. We cured plague. We will prevent diseases (only current diseases) but it doesn't happen now. New diseases will come but they are temporal. (I don't know but we create virus or other micrological creature maybe they will killing humans)

Last edited:
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
@Vayra86

sorry i get a bit excited sometimes and i live in my bubble so reality is harsh for me. My life is 75% video games:( i didn't mean to offend or suggest i condone bad things. i honestly just mean the type99a looks cool for me and that is 100% it. i see your point just wanted to make it known that i meant no implication that i support such acts by the Chinese government or anything. honestly iam lucky to live in UK as it is mostly a very nice country to live in. sure is not perfect but i do like the Uk. so yeah i'm sorry.

also about aliens i got really excited and i love sci-fi so... maybe it cloud my mind. But honestly there is"Something". the governments are hiding something, they even have paperwork on unidentified objects in the sky and seriously i do believe we have been visited by non human intelligent life~

^ this. I agree with both points 100% and the second is very very valid, some couples have 5+ children and while having babies and raising children is very nice and rewarding, our current intfrasturcture, healthcare, resources and the earth cannont sustain our growth. A single child is the way forward. Btw if i ever have a partner in the future (also due to my sexuality) if i ever want a child(or more) we would adopt as there are many children that are already here and need loving homes.:love:

your first point is really good. and i 100% agree there is no negative issues with elimating hair loss, the only gain is positive^^

No need to apologize at all and I noticed that bubble of yours which is why I wanted to offer some perspective ;)

I think if you studied anthropology and archaeology, you'd see a great many factors of evolution playing out.
While there is evidence to this, there are some unanswered problems.
It's pure fantasy to say we were seeded to become what we are, comet seeding theories for proteins and microbes excepted.
Not really. There are parts of the Human genome that don't exist elsewhere on Earth, even in other intelligent species, and shouldn't exist within us. Therefore the idea that we were seeded is as valid as the idea that we evolved here. Both perspectives are only theory until proven, which neither have been.

Last edited:
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64