• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SOLVED: DCH Nvidia Control Panel Not Loading: Nightmare Scenario: Nvidia moves to DCH/Microsoft Store only

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
No need, newer drivers (since 490 or something) have the cpanel included
No wonder the damn driver package keeps getting larger... it's grown 200MB in the last year FFS. By this time next year it'll be a whole freaking gigabyte...

No need, newer drivers (since 490 or something) have the cpanel included

I have looked inside the installer and as indicated by W1zzard's picture it contains an Appx version of Cpanel, which will not install on machines like mine where Microsoft Store component is not enabled or not working. If anyone else finds themselves in the same boat as me there, the Cpanel I have put in my link above will work for you.

Last edited:

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
which will not install on machines like mine where Microsoft Store component is not enabled or not working
Great point

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
That's a them problem, not a you problem. Disabling the MS Store is just tinfoil hat nonsense.
Not sure I understand this post completely, or if it's irony, but there are many reasons a user might not want MS Store on their machines, or it might not work, or might not even be possible to use it in certain circumstances. Not all those reasons are related with Microsoft's data collection (which itself may also be a valid concern for some folks).

I finally found a solution: Fully functional control panel without MS store and bloat working with dch drivers!

You can just use a different install's nvcpui.exe and it will give you a functioning control panel for the up-to-date (dch) driver.
I found this by desperately searching for the dch control panel after installing 511.79 with nvcleanstall on a my stripped 21H1 and ended up executing the nvcpui.exe from my Windows 7 install on another drive (which has 441.41 installed lol) - and it just worked.
Can just copy out that nvcpui.exe (and possibly the .dll file there, too), place it somewhere on your C drive and use a shortcut.
If you don't have a different windows/nvidia install ready, just downgrade to the last standard nvidia driver, back up the nvcpui.exe and the .dll and use those after you updated to the newest dch.

If someone sees an issue with this, please let me know. So far everything seems to work as usual.

Not sure if this works with ANY nvcpui.exe as I can just confirm this working with a 441.41 Windows 7 nvcpui.exe - but I'd assume it's generally applicable.

So the 441.41 nvcp seems to work independently and shows that version 511.79 is installed. It has the 5xx features, like shadercache size, too.

Feel free to test whether all (also dch) nvcpui.exe's work independently for any driver version!

Last edited:
System Name Main PC
Processor 13700k
Motherboard Asrock Z690 Steel Legend D4 - Bios 13.02
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory 32 Gig 3200CL14
Video Card(s) 3080 RTX FE 10G
Storage 1TB 980 PRO (OS, games), 2TB SN850X (games), 2TB DC P4600 (work), 2x 3TB WD Red, 2x 4TB WD Red
Display(s) LG 27GL850
Case Fractal Define R4
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D2X
Power Supply Antec HCG 750 Gold
Software Windows 10 21H2 LTSC
The Control Panel is now part of the driver download and no longer downloaded through Store

On older drivers you can just check "Install Control Panel App" in NVCleanstall on the Tweaks screen and it'll download it from our servers without anyone ever knowing
W1zzard I am going to make a windows script for personal use which adds the DCH nvidia control panel to windows control panel (assuming its possible), so can be accessed via same way as before, if you interested when I have done it I can send you the script to add as an option to integrate to NVCleanstall.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
I've never seen 511.79 Standard, do you have a link?

You might be seeing the old R479 drivers in their search
Oh damn, confirmed. :mad:

Here's where I used to get the standard one from when I wanted a copy on hand. Now the latest standard driver available is 472.84.

I normally let GeForce Experience upgrade the driver, so the fact it's DCH doesn't make any difference and hence I didn't know.

You can just use a different install's nvcpui.exe and it will give you a functioning control panel for the up-to-date (dch) driver.
I found this by desperately searching for the dch control panel after installing 511.79 with nvcleanstall on a my stripped 21H1 and ended up executing the nvcpui.exe from my Windows 7 install on another drive (which has 441.41 installed lol) - and it just worked.
Can just copy out that nvcpui.exe (and possibly the .dll file there, too), place it somewhere on your C drive and use a shortcut.

For people wanting the Cpanel without any Microsoft Store functionality, all the .exe and .dll files they need are there in the link I posted earlier. Just need to download the folder and copy over to the hard drive.

Last edited:
Nice! So you can confirm that old standard control panels are independent and will work with any driver installed?
From which driver version install is that control panel?

Nice! So you can confirm that old standard control panels are independent and will work with any driver installed?
From which driver version install is that control panel?

Apologies everyone. After doing some more testing, running cPanel executable from a folder without install wasn't working on machines without Nvidia Panel previously installed (as one might have inferred from hans_glans idea above, or W1zzard's idea of creating an installer script). So I have now created a self-contained, portable version of cPanel using Turbo Studio and uploaded that. So it should not matter what you have previously installed or uninstalled with that. Any problems with it please let me know.

Download here:

I don't think it matters what nVidia graphics driver one has running. Seems to the one executable for all. Welcome any correction on that.

Last edited:
System Name main rig
Processor i7 8700K @4.8GHz
Motherboard GA Z370 AORUS Gaming 3
Cooling Be Quiet! Dark Rock Advanced
Memory Patriot 16GB DDR4-2800
Video Card(s) GA RTX 2070 GAMING 8G
Storage ADATA XPG GAMMIX S11 PRO 1TB M.2 + more
Case Corsair Carbide 330R
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750w
For people wanting the Cpanel without any Microsoft Store functionality, all the .exe and .dll files they need are there in the link I posted earlier. Just need to download the folder and copy over to the hard drive.

Thanks a lot mate that was helpful, I'm running a custom made stripped Win10 1809 without Windows Store "or anything else"
I never thought of even trying to run the legacy cpl, that was smart.
I only need to run it once after a driver update to change some settings and i'm done with it.I even disable nv container service afterwards
It worked like a charm.

Last edited:
Yeah similar situation for me. Stripped down custom windows (using ntlite) with as much of the bloat, closed-source and data harvesting crap removed from install image as possible, CPU/bandwidth eating services switched to manual by default, etc.

I see you have the link to the first one I uploaded. I uploaded a second executable after that which should run regardless of your driver install/uninstall history.

Last edited:
System Name main rig
Processor i7 8700K @4.8GHz
Motherboard GA Z370 AORUS Gaming 3
Cooling Be Quiet! Dark Rock Advanced
Memory Patriot 16GB DDR4-2800
Video Card(s) GA RTX 2070 GAMING 8G
Storage ADATA XPG GAMMIX S11 PRO 1TB M.2 + more
Case Corsair Carbide 330R
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750w
I'm actually using the cpl from 472.12

System Name My 15 year old buddy
Processor Phenom II X2 550 unlocked to X4 B50 @ 3.7 GHz
Motherboard GA-MA78LMT-US2H with ACC Bios patch to unlock cores
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600 (8-8-8-20)
Video Card(s) Integrated ATI Radeon HD3000 + nVidia GTX 1050
Storage 128GB SSD, 2x16TB HDD
Case Custom wooden case
Power Supply 350W Noname
Benchmark Scores Windows 11 / Youtube at 1080p / Jellyfin transcoding 4K HDR
Also, we are speaking of Microsoft here. If the user base tells them shit wont suffice, they are forced to change or abandon it. UWP, their misguided Windows push for mobile / touch and their Store should all be pushed off the cliff yesterday. It benefits nobody.
Why such hate? I like more to get stuff from the Microsoft Store than searching through google and finding the correct right link.
For this it does not even require a MS account, so ...
Linuxes have this approach from decades ago (packed managers) and it works fine.

System Name Nebulon-B Mk. 4
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 24 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 7800 XT
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 single-core: 1,800, multi-core: 18,000. Superposition 1080p Extreme: 9,900.
This is the first time I've heard about this. I always download drivers either from TPU or nvidia.com and have CP installed, even when I'm doing a clean install (which is quite often as I like swapping parts, including GPUs).

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
I've installed the driver through GeForce Experience for years with no problems. I see the alert symbol on the NVIDIA system tray icon, fire up GE, select install drivers and in under 5 minutes it's all done, not even a reboot required.

Why people choose to do it differently and then have problems due to this beats me. I can see that in a corporate setting driver installation would be controlled differently though.

btw, I don't use GE for anything else.

pretzels

Hi everyone!

I have Windows 10 LTSC 2021 and it has been great. However; since it has no Microsoft Store, I am having issues installing Nvidia Control Panel. I last used DDU v18.0.5.9 and NVCleanstall 1.14.0 to update to 527.56. I will admit it took me a while to realize Nvidia Control Panel wasn't there.

I tried the cPanel posted above (the second self-contained, portable version). I downloaded and ran it. It extracted some files into the folder it was in. And nothing seemed to happen. I tried running the same file again and still nothing seemed to happen.

Am I doing something wrong? Perhaps I need to launch Nvidia Control Panel from somewhere else now?

Is there a new way to get Nvidia Control Panel to work without the Microsoft Store?

Thanks for any advice!

Edit:
I also tried copying Control Panel Client/ nvcplui.exe and nvcpluir.dll from an older Windows 7 setup. That did not work either, it may have been a few years old, probably 471.11.

Last edited:
System Name Main PC
Processor 13700k
Motherboard Asrock Z690 Steel Legend D4 - Bios 13.02
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory 32 Gig 3200CL14
Video Card(s) 3080 RTX FE 10G
Storage 1TB 980 PRO (OS, games), 2TB SN850X (games), 2TB DC P4600 (work), 2x 3TB WD Red, 2x 4TB WD Red
Display(s) LG 27GL850
Case Fractal Define R4
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D2X
Power Supply Antec HCG 750 Gold
Software Windows 10 21H2 LTSC
I am very late but just incase.

I am also on LTSC 21H2, and I used nvcleanstall and have the DCH control panel working,

But you can actually enable the store on LTSC if you wanted to, I have no idea if it will auto install all the bloat junk apps though. But this shouldnt be needed to get Nvidia control panel working.

It no longer shows in the normal control panel, it can be accessed either by the start menu. For quick access I ended up pinning it. If its completely missing I have no idea whats gone wrong.

pretzels

I am very late but just incase.

I am also on LTSC 21H2, and I used nvcleanstall and have the DCH control panel working,

But you can actually enable the store on LTSC if you wanted to, I have no idea if it will auto install all the bloat junk apps though. But this shouldnt be needed to get Nvidia control panel working.

It no longer shows in the normal control panel, it can be accessed either by the start menu. For quick access I ended up pinning it. If its completely missing I have no idea whats gone wrong.
Oh, thanks for the reply! I did get it running correctly. I should have come back and posted. It's been a while and I am on a new machine now, but I basically started all over using DDU and NVCleanstall again and it just worked. Maybe I had some settings wrong? Thanks for checking in!

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800x B2
Motherboard ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE + 2x ARCTIC BioniX P120
Memory 2 x 16 GB Crucial Ballistix BL2K16G32C16U4R - DDR4 3200 @3800 CAS 16
Video Card(s) GeForce RTX 3070 FE
Storage WD Black SN770 1 TB|Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB|Sandisk Ultra II 960GB|WD Blue 4 TB|2x WD Green 3 TB
Display(s) Huawei GT27 & LG OLED55B9
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) SMSL Q5 PRO & ELTAX Monitor III|FOSI AUDIO K5 PRO MINI & SENNHEISER HD 598 PRO
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus 550 Gold
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys
Hi everyone!

I have Windows 10 LTSC 2021 and it has been great. However; since it has no Microsoft Store, I am having issues installing Nvidia Control Panel. I last used DDU v18.0.5.9 and NVCleanstall 1.14.0 to update to 527.56. I will admit it took me a while to realize Nvidia Control Panel wasn't there.

I tried the cPanel posted above (the second self-contained, portable version). I downloaded and ran it. It extracted some files into the folder it was in. And nothing seemed to happen. I tried running the same file again and still nothing seemed to happen.

Am I doing something wrong? Perhaps I need to launch Nvidia Control Panel from somewhere else now?

Is there a new way to get Nvidia Control Panel to work without the Microsoft Store?

Thanks for any advice!

Edit:
I also tried copying Control Panel Client/ nvcplui.exe and nvcpluir.dll from an older Windows 7 setup. That did not work either, it may have been a few years old, probably 471.11.
You can install (and uninstall) Windows store on Windows 10 LTSC 2021 with one command:

To install:
Open Powershell, run the command
wsreset -i

you may need to run the command twice if it errors out the first time

To uninstall:
Open Powershell, run the command
Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* | Remove-AppxPackage