• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SSD RAID ARRAY Keeps Failing (SB850 chipset)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trickson

OH, I have such a headache
System Name Ryzen TUF.
Processor AMD Ryzen7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus
Cooling Noctua
Memory Gskill RipJaws 3466MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TUF 1650 Super Clocked.
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-S750H
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Software Windows 10 64 bit Home OEM
OH man talk about buys remorse ....
Did I hear A " fuck AMD " in there ???
MAN this is so funny .

$

$immond$

OH man talk about buys remorse ....
Did I hear A " fuck AMD " in there ???
MAN this is so funny .

Yea so many people are having issues with the AHCI/RAID drivers, mobo vendors are pointing at AMD, AMD is pointing at the vendors.

Reading the AMD forums threads and anandtech threads it seems there aren't any fixes but switching to Intel or getting a new RAID card. That is until AMD's releases a fix and all motherboard vendors.

So yea FUCK AMD until they fix that issue.

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Yea so many people are having issues with the AHCI/RAID drivers, mobo vendors are pointing at AMD, AMD is pointing at the vendors.

Reading the AMD forums threads and anandtech threads it seems there aren't any fixes but switching to Intel or getting a new RAID card. That is until AMD's releases a fix and all motherboard vendors.

Yeah I said this to them after Intel came out with C2D haven't been given any reason to look back only to say thanks for not fucking up ATI too bad it still has issues as well ...

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
$

$immond$

Alright so I tested both these drives on my old ASUS M3N78-VM, this board uses an Nvidia chipset.

AND WOW, I was able to set up RAID 0 with my SSD's really easy. Once again FUCK AMD's piss poor support for SB850. The Nvidia chipset which is older and suppose to be slower blows it away.

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Alright so I tested both these drives on my old ASUS M3N78-VM, this board uses an Nvidia chipset.

AND WOW, I was able to set up RAID 0 with my SSD's really easy. Once again FUCK AMD's piss poor support for SB850. The Nvidia chipset which is older and suppose to be slower blows it away.

Man it feels good to have the best . :D

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11

Man... If you would of listened to my advice about ditching the Kingston drive and getting a Sandforce (where you would have better write times even with RAID on the Kingstons) in your other thread, it would of saved you a lot of trouble and money.

Hopefully AMD will get things right. I suggest complaining to them instead of telling them to "fuck off" here where they can't hear you. :toast:

$

$immond$

Man... If you would of listened to my advice about ditching the Kingston drive and getting a Sandforce (where you would have better write times even with RAID on the Kingstons) in your other thread, it would of saved you a lot of trouble and money.

Hopefully AMD will get things right. I suggest complaining to them instead of telling them to "fuck off" here where they can't hear you. :toast:

I sent them a nice email on what I thought about their poor chipset support.

$

$immond$

Well I got the 2 Kingston drives to boot properly in RAID 0 on my Server Rig, I installed windows 7 on it though and its really snappy. I know I wont get TRIM but I was just testing to see if its one of the drives and it turns out its not.

I am not impressed that I cant use RAID with SSD's in my gaming rig but at least I know both these drives work great and I just have a shitty mobo with a shitty raid support.

Sorry for the double post*** meant to edit last one.

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/9312/ssdbench.jpg

Read:379 Writes:166, The rest are all there.

Last edited by a moderator:

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Don't forget the CPU as well .. :laugh:

JK...

$

$immond$

Don't forget the CPU as well .. :laugh:

JK...

Wow, your troll posts get more and more annoying. These read/write speeds aren't bad for machine that will become a Linux server and btw if you want very fast hardware get an i7 or Xeon system.

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2083024

Looks like I should have never strayed from Intel. It seems like AMD/ATI are taking their sweet time to fix the issue. I need a raid card, which means giving up one of my crossfire 5770's.

Fuck AMD. :respect:

I think I might just sell my board and proc and buy a real set up.

I am just so pissed with the fact that AMD/ATI has poor raid/ahci support.

I should have never given AMD/ATI the benefit of the doubt.

I could just keep one SSD use that as boot drive and keep the trim but once you go RAID 0 you don't really wanna go back.

I really miss my Intel Rig. I was going to run disk keeper to keep my SSD's running a little faster for my RAID 0 Setup, but the chipset is so fucked Running RAID 0 with SSD's is like running diesel in an gasoline engine.

Not gonna Happen.

No I had 2x 640GB WD Blacks Sata 3 in RAID 0 connected but I took them out,(They work/boot fine no issues) I just have the 2X 64Gb Kingston V series Gen 2 connected when both are connected in RAID 0 is when I get all the issues. I researched at other forum sites and found allot of people are having problems running 2 SSD's in RAID 0 with the 850 chipset and drivers.

AMD needs to fix that issue, one way to work around it is to switch back to Intel or get a new RAID card.

Wow, your troll posts get more and more annoying. These read/write speeds aren't bad for machine that will become a Linux server and btw if you want very fast hardware get an i7 or Xeon system.

In all these posts you ARE the one pissing and moaning about your AMD not ME ! :wtf:
SO you say I am trolling ? Dude I have been here longer than you WAY longer I have been called worse from far greater than you , So can it ! ! I am giving you solid advice and just kidding around some , You are the one talking about well look at your posts you're all over I can hardly follow were you are going or what your even doing and you are getting peeved off at my posts? They are in no way aimed at you in any direct way so calm down just a tad ok . No one is trolling God I really hate that when some one call you a troller . :mad:
And the F AMD ??? You said this no were did I say it . :toast:
Any way /// Do what ever it is you want to with it I love the :cry: and the :laugh: and the :slap: and the :nutkick: so :laugh: :rockout: to me NOW go :cry: to some one els about it . :shadedshu

$

$immond$

Wow I clearly tell that your posts have been pure logical. I honestly had no idea you've been on this planet allot longer than I have but I see the light now. May I sit in the glow of your intellect?

With all your age and maturity, your posts clearly contributed to this thread greatly. Congratulate yourself with a new profound sense of greatness. I shall bask in your infinite wisdom. Your overzealous use of emoticons has filled my life with a new sense of being.

Now turn off your monitor and move out of your mother's basement.

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Wow I clearly tell that your posts have been pure logical. I honestly had no idea you've been on this planet allot longer than I have but I see the light now. May I sit in the glow of your intellect?

With all your age and maturity, your posts clearly contributed to this thread greatly. Congratulate yourself with a new profound sense of greatness. I shall bask in your infinite wisdom. Your overzealous use of emoticons has filled my life with a new sense of being.

Now turn off your monitor and move out of your mother's basement.

Sally forth nave and bring me my whine ! :laugh:
I have spoken !

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
That's enough. Thread will be closed shortly, no more posting in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.