1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Steams l4d freaky friday glitch

Discussion in 'Games' started by _jM, May 2, 2009.

1. _jM

_jM New Member

Thanks Received:
    Some of us know that friday Steam released the game Left 4 Dead for people to test out for 24 hours. Well, me being one of the people who have never bought the game(I did play the demo once upon a time) decided to test our steams offer being bored with my other games. So it installed just like any other game. After it installed, if I pulled up my games menu in steam you could see the game like the others but there was a countdown timer to the right of the game. OK now it is Saturday and my time ran out at 12pm(noon). It is currently 3pm now and I still have the FULL Version of Left 4 Dead!!:laugh:

What Im wondering is there anyone here who has the game through this same offer and do they still have the full game like I do? I wonder if Steam will let me keep it... hmmm

2. ASharp

Thanks Received:
    If I'm not mistaken, they extended the offer for another day or something. Not sure if it's still supposed to be on though. I wouldn't count on getting the game for free.

3. Studabaker

Studabaker New Member

Thanks Received:
    I guess if you would have restarted Steam by now it would be gone like it is for me. I run COD4 with --nosteam and since it's the only game I play 24/7, I never really use Steam.

4. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    No you will not. Discussing the hacking/pirating of software is against the forum rules.

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Most people consider circumventing copyright protection in order to play games they never payed for to be piracy. Whether you personally consider it piracy or not is a moot point. If you have a problem with the forum rules please send me a PM, this thread is not for you to argue forum policy, that is not its topic.

FYI circumventing individual user privileges on a computer is completely different from circumventing copy protection. One deals with laws while the other deals with school/company administrative policy. The two are very different.

CDdude55 says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  6. exon1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    18€, buy it lol.
    I'm going to buy it too, I've been waiting for an offer for some months (no way I would pay 35€).

CDdude55 says thanks.
  7. mrw1986

mrw1986

Thanks Received:
    I hope you get caught. If you can't afford to purchase a $30 game you don't deserve to download it. Why not support the developers of this great game?

CDdude55 says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  8. KainXS

Thanks Received:
    it dosen't even matter, left 4 dead is made for multiplayer, playing it on single player sucks

10 Year Member at TPU
  9. erocker

erocker Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If anyone else wants to post how to get around buying the game through hacking files will be given a large infraction. No more! :slap:

10 Year Member at TPU
  10. _jM

_jM New Member

Thanks Received:
    whoops.. sorry mods.. I wasn't thinking when I made the second post. I wont post anymore about this "glitch"..

No infractions for me...