• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
Hey Alan,
i totally understand you and that this driver work on your pc,but that is because many experiments you did with previous drivers mod and scripts and your windows registry recognise any next mod whenever is bad or good.
Did you tried it on fresh windows instalation on second partition?
Yes. Fine working.

Hey Alan,
i totally understand you and that this driver work on your pc,but that is because many experiments you did with previous drivers mod and scripts and your windows registry recognise any next mod whenever is bad or good.
Did you tried it on fresh windows instalation on second partition?
I tried driver from link and still cant get it to work.Tried on win 10 x64 17763 and 14393 on disable driver signature mode.
Can u upload extracted?
YES

@Aleksandar012 IT'S HERE

The latest one didn't work in my computer at all

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0899&SUBSYS_15587709&REV_1000

Also I can't figure out how to uninstall it.

bartosz066

Only first version with creative 720 is working for me. And also I couldn't uninstall the last one with sounzreal.

ddropski

Darn still did't work I tried DDU and soon as I install any new driver this opens up
Capture.PNG

let me ask the forum this .. because I seem to see a pattern ... Has anyone with a gigabyte Aorus been able to get the drivers to work?

March Madness

Hey! I'm new here, quick question tho. A lot of you guys are using a desktop which has multiple analog and maybe even a digital audio port. However, I'm using a laptop hence i cant set my speakers to a 5.1 configuration because all i see is stereo. What i'm really asking is , is there a light at the end of the tunnel or is all lost and i just have to continue using virtual surround and using the different enhancements in the driver to keep myself company.

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
Hey! I'm new here, quick question tho. A lot of you guys are using a desktop which has multiple analog and maybe even a digital audio port. However, I'm using a laptop hence i cant set my speakers to a 5.1 configuration because all i see is stereo. What i'm really asking is , is there a light at the end of the tunnel or is all lost and i just have to continue using virtual surround and using the different enhancements in the driver to keep myself company.
Do you have a 5.1 spdif receiver? If so, you can use a usb spdif out, with ddl applied. Or use a hdmi-spdif converter, also with ddl applied.
Or use an analog 5.1 usb sound card.

bololabich

Can I still get DTS connect or Dolby Live to work on ALC887 on win10 or other 2/3gen MBs? Multiple channels over Pro Logic isn't really possible right?

@Alan Finote
How can I full uninstall this full SoundAlive thing?
I tried with IOBit, Device Manager and even with DDU + DSE all in 1...
And nothing has/had it erased...
I had even with a few other modded drivers paired, but it bugs me a whole lot with them...
Can you please help us?
I'm really worried :(

AAF Optimus

Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
@Alan Finote
How can I full uninstall this full SoundAlive thing?
I tried with IOBit, Device Manager and even with DDU + DSE all in 1...
And nothing has/had it erased...
I had even with a few other modded drivers paired, but it bugs me a whole lot with them...
Can you please help us?
I'm really worried :(
Have you tried with IOBit Uninstaller?

AAF Optimus

Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
That's the program that I have tried it.
Any solutions to erase it?
Driver Sweeper is for me taboo, because it doesn't work with win 10 and it's replaced by DDU + DSE...
You need to end the system audio service, go to Registry Editor and walk to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\Audio and delete the RENDER and CAPTURE keys. If it fails, you will need to go back to the AUDIO key and change the owner and audit permissions of the key. Once this is done, try again to delete the keys mentioned above.

You need to end the system audio service, go to Registry Editor and walk to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\Audio and delete the RENDER and CAPTURE keys. If it fails, you will need to go back to the AUDIO key and change the owner and audit permissions of the key. Once this is done, try again to delete the keys mentioned above.
Thanx for the tips Alan!
I will try it later today when i'm after waking up, and reports it when was it was. :)
For before I gave up of these with them after a ca. 4-5 hours re- and installing of these, because I suffered my PC from this destractions a bit and I had perfectly disastered SoundBlaster thank God for a good program and the next target is SoundAlive! ;)

ddropski

has anyone been able to get the gigabyte Aorus boards to accept modded drivers?

Is there any hope for me?

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
How to search it?
Because it has/had only HKEY-s...

I'm running only in build 14393, afterwards it is for me impossible to make an only functioning Gamespirit's driver a-la R2.67 version or the other with SRS functioning drivers for MS' fault :(

Attachments

• Registry Editor.jpg
    Registry Editor.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 438
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
How to search it?

I'm running only in build 14393, afterwards it is for me impossible to make an only functioning Gamespirit's driver a-la R2.67 version or the other with SRS functioning drivers for MS' fault :(
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE=HKLM
Before doing any deletes, export(save) the key so as to have a backup. Right-click the key or go to file-export on top.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE=HKLM
Before doing any deletes, export(save) the key so as to have a backup. Right-click the key or go to file-export on top.
I cannot find this Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion thing...

I'm sorry, but I have fully deleted my driver(s) and it is the case that i can't find this or it is an another thing?

Edit: I have the backup aka save done.
But I need a help.
Thanx in advance. :)

Edit 2: Now I find it. :)

Alan Finote said: You need to end the system audio service, go to Registry Editor and walk to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\Audio and delete the RENDER and CAPTURE keys. If it fails, you will need to go back to the AUDIO key and change the owner and audit permissions of the key. Once this is done, try again to delete the keys mentioned above.

What means this?
"change the owner and audit permissions of the key "
How can I make this?
I had the backup saved it is that the problem?

Last edited:
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
I cannot find this Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion thing...

I'm sorry, but I have fully deleted my driver(s) and it is the case that i can't find this or it is an another thing?

Edit: I have the backup aka save done.
But I need a help.
Thanx in advance. :)

Edit 2: Now I find it. :)

What means this?
"change the owner and audit permissions of the key "
How can I make this?
I had the backup saved it is that the problem?
Right click the key and you will see permissions.

AAF Optimus

Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
How to search it?

HKLM=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE :peace:

Any help(s) about this or a win reinstall?
Uninstall through Driver Setup API - Step 1
https://github.com/alanfox2000/real...iver-setup-api-recommend-for-inf-installation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use APO Driver to

Unlock "Dolby Digital"
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...enhancers-work-on-windows.244309/post-3949074

Unlock "DTS Interactive"
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...enhancers-work-on-windows.244309/post-3949578

Last edited:

I had proved this and it's like a stick that cannot be removed of off your hand... :(
I'm running build 14393, so it is unpossible, that a few erasers are working there... :(
Maybe up to Creators Update or/and works only in October 2018 update, but I see that in my OP that has nothing's changed...
When I saw the settings in the Device Manager and from the picture that you posted, I thought that's something wrong here and when I step-by-step I came to myself that's has not in my build... :(

Maybe reinstall can help this erasing the full driver, but thanks anyway for your help, I had learned a few things about that:
Don't install SoundAlive with extras in your PC, because it is uninstallable and mixed with other mods...

Edit: I had again tried, but failed, this is not for me...

Last edited:

bololabich

I've just ordered a "new" motherboard with Realtek ALC887 and I should have it tomorrow, I'll do clean install of windows 10 so SB PLEASE tell me which one of the drivers should I use? The one from this post or other posts, newest one or a bit older one? For now my motherboard has ALC887 without spdif (no internal one either) but just for a test I've tried some of these and the most recent one did not seam to install at all on mine PC as well as on my friend's similar PC, it did install drivers but did not install any SW. The "720" one did install fully but when tried to play anything it would only give me an error. I've also tried some of these older ones and at one point one of them seamed to work as it has shown me "Dolby Pro Logic" option but then I tried some other ones was never able to make it work again.