• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Thermaltake Level 10 M Gaming Mouse

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
Today I will be taking the time to take a look at the Thermaltake eSPORTS Level 10 M Gaming Mouse. This is the eSPORTS divisions look into a high end gaming mouse and with an MSRP of $100 USD lets hope it can deliver, especially with a name like BMW being thrown around.

DESIGN SPECIFICATIONS

Color|Black
DPI|8200
Sensor Type|Laser
No. of Buttons|7
Game Genre|RTS
Memory Size|128kb
No. of Macro Keys|11
No. of Game Profiles|5
Lighting Effects|Yes
Pause-Break Effect|Yes
Color Options|7
USB Cable Length|1.8m Braided
Weight-in Design|No
Graphical UI|Yes
Industrial Rubber-Coating|Yes
Gold-Plated USB|Yes
Dimension|147 x 67.5 x 38.8 mm
Design|Mid-low profile keys
Switch Click Force|70g +/- 10g
Tactile|Sensitive snap and good rhythm
Noise Level|Low
Button Life Expectancy|5 Million Clicks

Unboxing the Beast

As you can see there is a nice stylish strain relief at the end of the aluminum frame of the mouse.

The Level 10 M comes with a Tt eSPORTS branded carrying case with room for the adjustment tool as well as the mouse and cord. Along with the install disk, warranty policy, 3 description cards for each of the different color Level 10 M's offered.

A Closer Look

After swapping my old Thermaltake eSports Theron out for the Level 10 M I was astounded by how much cooler the mouse felt under normal day to day use. So much so I decided to give it a nice long work out by running through Half Life 2 again. The 185-gram weight may be my favorite part. I despise light weight mice and this one was about perfect for me.

The open air design will definitely get peoples attention.

Don't like the symmetrical feel of the mouse? Well its adjustable up to 5 degrees left or right as well as up and down.

You can see the lit Thermaltake eSPORTS logo through the honeycomb of the upper plastic. The honeycomb is part of what keeps this mouse so cool under heavy gaming.

The gold plated USB 2.0 port is protected by an attractive dust cap also features the eSPORTS logo.

Software

Once I started looking into the software I was instantly at home. It is very similar to that available in other eSports products.

The start up page give the user the ability to activate battle mode which is a fun lanparty feature. Kick it on and as you click faster the colored LED's change. You also have access to the the 5 different profiles stored on the mouses internal 128kb memory.

When you select the light options tab you have 7 different color choices to chose from. For some reason it only changes 3 of the LED's leaving the level indicator red at all times. While not a big issue it seems out of place with other colors selected.

Under the performance tab you can change the X and Y sensitivity independently all the way up to 8200 DPI which seems a bit excessive. The option is there, but I ended up sticking to around 6000DPI with a 250Hz polling rate.

Here we have the standard macro key setup. As you can see mine is blank...turns out when you forget to save them to the mouse and reinstall Windows they go away. Seems like that would have been entirely my fault and not one of the mouse or software.

Ah here is the option to import or export the macro's onto the mouses onboard 128kb of memory.

Other Items

Some of the eagle eyed viewers may have noticed the other Thermaltake product in all of my photo's. I also received the Tt eSPORTS Ladon gaming mouse pad. What an excellent product.

As you can see the box has a feel before you buy window. If you are checking this product out in a local store this is a nice feature.

The close nit fabric is an optimal surface for any type of mouse and is specifically designed for MMORPG and RTS gamers.

It features a rubberized bottom that prevents the pad from sliding.

Final Thoughts

The Thermaltake eSPORTS Level 10 M continues the upward slope with Thermaltake's competitive gaming division. This products customizations allow you to really match your mouse to your setup. All this while being comfortable for long time usage. Thermaltake hit this one out of the ballpark. The Ladon mouse pad only makes the entire experience better.