• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Throttle Stop Problem WinRing0.dll

Ynoctis

Hey yall, this problem bugged me for a while when it suddenly appeared around a week ago but I found a solution. When I restarted my laptop today I received a notification from Riot's anticheat Vanguard for the game Valorant, and it indicated that it blocked this specific WinRing0.dll file because it claims this to be unsafe.

Uninstalling Riot Vanguard fixed this issue for me. Hope this works for you guys.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Already posted in other threads.
Please read before posting, Search is your friend.

tberz9

Okay so I downloaded a new Nividia Graphics driver and suddenly when I restart my computer this error came up. I have had this error before and I have windows defender on. I've tried OpenHardwareMonitor and EVGA Precision X1 and nothing works.
I have the same problem, i tried everything

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
@tberz9 - FACE IT anti-cheat software or Riot Vanguard anti-cheat software used by Valorant might be blocking the WinRing0 driver.

What Windows build are you running? Some of the Insider Preview builds will block WinRing0. Both my computers with Windows 10 version 1903 and Windows 10 version 1909 and both running Windows Defender do not have any problems with WinRing0.

If you do not have any games installed and think Windows Defender might be the problem, try temporarily installing the free version of Avast antivirus.

Anti-cheat, anti-virus and Windows updates change by the day. Hard to keep up with all of the changes.