• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ThrottleStop (Error creating service: The specified service already exists)

gabriel0307

Dolby Atmos must be using the same RwDrv driver. The only feature in ThrottleStop that uses this driver is the FIVR Disable and Lock Turbo Power Limits feature. If you need Dolby Atmos more than Disable & Lock, disable that ThrottleStop feature and that error message should go away.
Disabled it and worked, thanks. I am new to TS, do you mind explaining what issues I might come around by disabling this feature?

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
The importance of the Disable and Lock feature depends on the laptop model and on the CPU. It can help solve some power limit throttling problems on some laptops but is not necessary on all laptops.

If you enable this feature in ThrottleStop, do you see this error message anytime you start ThrottleStop or only when your start ThrottleStop using the Task Scheduler?

danmasino

Hi guys,
I have the same problem here.

Please find below my current configuration:
ACER NITRO
i7-8750H CPU - 16GB RAM
Nvidia GTX Geforce 1060
Windows 10

I ve already cancelled the register key mentioned above.
After having turned off Disable and Lock Turbo Power Limits it seemed to be ok, but once I turn on it again I receive the same error.

I m noticing throttling/freezing problem with my notebook playing CSGO
Average temperature for CPU are 90-95 degrees, but when they reach the peaks i go freezing.

Do you have any solution/idea please?

unclewebb

@danmasino - What version of Windows 10 are you using? I have heard that there are problems with the Disable and Lock feature in Windows 10 2004.

I have Windows 10 1909 installed and the Disable and Lock feature works correctly for me without any error messages.

If you are on 1909, something on your computer is interfering with this working correctly. Do you have Valorant installed? The Vanguard anti-cheat software blocks the RwDrv.sys driver from installing. The FACEIT anti-cheat software might also be blocking this driver from being installed.

If you cannot find out what is blocking this driver, you will need to leave the Disable and Lock option turned off.

danmasino

@danmasino - What version of Windows 10 are you using? I have heard that there are problems with the Disable and Lock feature in Windows 10 2004.

I have Windows 10 1909 installed and the Disable and Lock feature works correctly for me without any error messages.

If you are on 1909, something on your computer is interfering with this working correctly. Do you have Valorant installed? The Vanguard anti-cheat software blocks the RwDrv.sys driver from installing. The FACEIT anti-cheat software might also be blocking this driver from being installed.

If you cannot find out what is blocking this driver, you will need to leave the Disable and Lock option turned off.

Hi, and thanks for your prompt reply!
I have Windows 10 vrs 1903, but yes (you are right) I have installed Valorant few day ago.
Is there anything to do in this case?

gabriel0307

The importance of the Disable and Lock feature depends on the laptop model and on the CPU. It can help solve some power limit throttling problems on some laptops but is not necessary on all laptops.

If you enable this feature in ThrottleStop, do you see this error message anytime you start ThrottleStop or only when your start ThrottleStop using the Task Scheduler?

I get this message anytime I start TS.

unclewebb

yes (you are right) I have installed Valorant few day ago. Is there anything to do in this case?
I think you answered your own question. If you want to play Valorant, you will not be able to use the ThrottleStop Disable and Lock feature. I am not sure if the most recent release of the Vanguard anti-cheat software completely blocks ThrottleStop or if it only blocks that one feature.

terrorific

Yeah I think we would have to uninstall valorant if we want to unlock the power limits. Its a shame that my PC has gone to shit for every other game just to be able to play Valorant, this is unfair