• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TPU donation

3991vhtes

Processor AMD Athlon 64 3800+ Venice 2.4GHz
Motherboard ASUS A8V-VM SE
Cooling Stock
Memory 1GB DDR400
Video Card(s) DiamondViper Radeon X1650PRO 512MB PCI-e
Storage Seagate 250GB SATA
Display(s) Acer AL2002W 20" LCD Widescreen
Case cheap
Audio Device(s) Creative SoundBlaster
Power Supply 500 watt
Software Vista Ultimate
Benchmark Scores 4.1 Vista index
I would donate a little, but i dont have paypal :(

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
You can only get tax exemptions if you donate to a non-profit philanthropic organization. TPU isn't a registered NPO, nor philanthropic.

I disagree some what that this is not a altruistic website, how much does W1zz charge for downloads, and the huge amount of work put in here? He pays people to do reviews and post news, as well as other things.

In the true nature of a supposed being of evolution where the rules of altruisim would not apply he has expounded a substantial amount of energy better spent serving his personal wants in other forms of recreation and procreation. Especially as we all know most women are attracted to $$$$$ that he has squandered upon this site among other things.

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
How many of you need a 300 PM message box? Do you ever go back and read PMs that old? I don't think W1zzard is having any dire money issues with the website at the moment, so I don't see a need for subscriptions. It is more of his hobby than a source of income.

Would you rather have a free site, or a pay site?

I don't know but I messaged some guy yesterday (here) and it said he needed to clear some space in his PMs before I could message him. o_O
I clear my PMs frequently.

This is really the best forum I have ever been a member to. One has so much shit (flaming) goin on between its members it's just... :shadedshu so I don't go there often. And MANY times I've tried sending PMs but it said they need to clear space. Small PM capacity ftl...

Another, if you are a normal, "non-subscribing" member (meaning you don't pay for premium membership) you get flooded with so many flash ads the broswer pops up an error that Flash Player is pretty much being overwhelmed so the browser will be very slow... I couldn't even close it, I had to go to the task manager to close it! Also you only get like 25 PM capacity, and you get randomly re-directed to someone's crappy E-Bay sale that nobody cares about. Did I mention that you have to be a premium member to have an AVATAR?? That's right, you can't just have an avatar. Premium membership required for that one...

This website on the other hand has virtually no ads, you get an AVATAR (yay!!), you never get randomly re-directed to someone's shitty E-Bay sale, and you can cuss as long as it's not excessive... it's generally fast loading, and the community here for the most part is pretty cool with eachother. And you rarely ever get a message that whoever you are trying to PM needs to clear some space o_O

System Name Monolith
Processor Intel Xeon E3110 Wolfdale@3.5GHz
Motherboard MSI P35-Neo
Cooling Active Air
Memory 4GB DDR2 800
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 3850 512MB PCI-E
Storage 1 x 80GB Internal, 1 x 250GB Internal, 1 x 40GB External
Display(s) Acer X203w
Case Generic black case with locking front bezel
Audio Device(s) Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS
Power Supply 500 Watt Seasonic M12
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
I disagree some what that this is not a altruistic website, how much does W1zz charge for downloads, and the huge amount of work put in here? He pays people to do reviews and post news, as well as other things.

In the true nature of a supposed being of evolution where the rules of altruisim would not apply he has expounded a substantial amount of energy better spent serving his personal wants in other forms of recreation and procreation. Especially as we all know most women are attracted to $$$$$ that he has squandered upon this site among other things.

NPOs are things like many non-private hospitals, the Red Cross, the Salvation Army, Churches etc. they are not websites, and business that don't turn a profit, and provide web forums for no cost. You can donate if you want, and put it down as an exemption, but if the IRS audits you expect them to come knocking on your door.

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro

He doesn't become non-profit as long as you have those Zotac / PCP&C ads. Advertisements for the main-page are good for TPU. Not only do they spread consumer awareness but also add to the aesthetic value of the website. A neutral person seeing "Core 2 Extreme" and "OCZ" ads on one website would sort of think high about that website. I hope something positive churns out of the recent user survey. I personally never knew PC Power & Cooling was such an epic brand of PSU's until I followed the link to their website, went through their catalogues, read reviews, dropped jaws at the high-price premium they command....etc. All in all I hold PCP&C in a high regard now. Somewhat similar is the case with Zotac.

We must invite as many company representatives to join our forums as we can. Not only does it provide a common-ground for them to promote their brands but also provides a vital direct communication between companies and their potential customers. The reps from PALiT and Mushkin are doing a great job here.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
this site is by far one of the best sites I have been to (havent been to that many) I was a regular member of Guru3d (with an uber high post count) but that place went down hill & few things were said between me a few other members & some admins & i decided it was time to pack my bags :)

back then i always visited TPU for reviews, hardware updates & stalking the forums as a guest but im happy i registerd & joined tpu.

honestly

this place is great - members get on with each other in most cases cases & people are allowed to have their say no matter what the topic before being told to shut the fuck up by admins/mods :)

the general TPU community is a pretty tight group & theres always plenty of interesting shit to read in the forums.

you guys rock