• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TPU's WCG/BOINC Team

System Name Windows | Linux
Processor 13900K | 14900KpoS
Motherboard Pro Z790-A WiFi | Z790 Apex Encore
Cooling Arctic LF III 360 | Arctic LF III 420
Memory 32GB 6600 CL32 | 48GB 8200 CL38
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 | RTX 4070Ti Super
Display(s) MSI MAG401QR
Case Phanteks P600s | Asus PA602
Power Supply Vertex GX-1000 | Vertex GX-1000
Software Win 11 Pro | Debian
Benchmark Scores They suck.
Why Ada? Just pop an old midrange Pascal in there and get crackin'! :rockout:

As for me, I'm a secret member here, as I use BOINC for Einstein@Home, which doesn't register as folding or crunching on TPU, but that's fine. :oops:

We do have a TPU team there, though.
Mainly for the efficiency. Because power, and now cooling that it's summer, is expensive here, I want to maximize the work units done per watt. Sounds silly, but it's one of the things I enjoy about crunching/folding. I've done both in the past, but I took a break for a while.

I'll have to look into Einstein@home, I've seen the name but don't know what type of research they're doing.

*edit*

lol. I guess it's not technically summer here, but it's been over 90F (33C) here this week, and it's just getting started. Almost time to need the AC to keep it at/under 78F/26C in the house.

Last edited:
System Name Holiday Season Budget Computer (HSBC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6500 XT 4 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Mainly for the efficiency. Because power, and now cooling that it's summer, is expensive here, I want to maximize the work units done per watt. Sounds silly, but it's one of the things I enjoy about crunching/folding. I've done both in the past, but I took a break for a while.

I'll have to look into Einstein@home, I've seen the name but don't know what type of research they're doing.

*edit*

lol. I guess it's not technically summer here, but it's been over 90F (33C) here this week, and it's just getting started. Almost time to need the AC to keep it at/under 78F/26C in the house.
Here. :) I've also used Milkyway@Home and Universe@Home in the past, but they only have CPU WUs, that's why I switched. Universe@Home doesn't even have a TPU team, unfortunately.

33 °C in May is hot! :eek: Here, in the middle of England, it's been about 5-10 °C cold and cloudy until about a week or so ago, so personally, I've never missed some sunny warmth so much.

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
Why Ada? Just pop an old midrange Pascal in there and get crackin'! :rockout:

As for me, I'm a secret member here, as I use BOINC for Einstein@Home, which doesn't register as folding or crunching on TPU, but that's fine. :oops:

We do have a TPU team there, though.
Secret?? No secrets here ;) :D :D I'm there as well, as Milkyway, Rosetta and FAH.. Trouble with having so many different ones you can do.. Maybe I should have a machine for each and see how I go.... :D

*edit*

I can't say I blame you on that one... I did a day when I had things running overnight (not everything but a fair amount!!) and I think the day ended and I was billed for 70kW alone in that one day.... If I go by the standard rate of charge for the kW here, that would be nearly £20 of electric... Utterly mental... Anyone care to do a guess of what it actually cost me??........

If you'd like I could add the stats in but I'm coming up to 6 years doing this in July and I'm feeling like I need a break from it! So if anyone would like that flame........

It's great to have you here :D I hope you enjoy your time!! And please feel free to put up some posts regarding the hardware setups and such for what you're doing, its all great to see and gives the forum in this area a bit of a wake up as it can be aside from me putting up the stats every day, a tad bit quiet...... :)

System Name Holiday Season Budget Computer (HSBC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6500 XT 4 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Secret?? No secrets here ;) :D :D I'm there as well, as Milkyway, Rosetta and FAH.. Trouble with having so many different ones you can do.. Maybe I should have a machine for each and see how I go.... :D

I can't say I blame you on that one... I did a day when I had things running overnight (not everything but a fair amount!!) and I think the day ended and I was billed for 70kW alone in that one day.... If I go by the standard rate of charge for the kW here, that would be nearly £20 of electric... Utterly mental... Anyone care to do a guess of what it actually cost me??........

If you'd like I could add the stats in but I'm coming up to 6 years doing this in July and I'm feeling like I need a break from it! So if anyone would like that flame........

It's great to have you here :D I hope you enjoy your time!! And please feel free to put up some posts regarding the hardware setups and such for what you're doing, its all great to see and gives the forum in this area a bit of a wake up as it can be aside from me putting up the stats every day, a tad bit quiet...... :)
70 kW in one night? What kind of machine did that? :eek:

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
70 kW in one night? What kind of machine did that? :eek:
That was for the day! :) I think I had about 12 running, including a couple of Dell R730 servers... I was making the most of the power/price!! :D :D Just waiting for the next day to come across :) I'll see if I can grab a list of what's there :)