• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Tweaktown popup to disable adblocker?

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
Not really, because they are usually always 100% against any advertising. And will reject simple things even like watching a short video every 24 hours. So, we will use technology to control who views our content.

well this went well.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
If they aren't displaying the ads, then they aren't making revenue anyway.

If you like the site and appreciate the content, add it to your whitelist, or watch the freaking ad once a day so they can at least make a little money.

People just always want everything for free. Sorry, but people have to make a living.
Then do like TPU has and get paid a percentage of each link posted or purchase made off a link. There isn't a need to blast ads all over the place.
I imagine TPU isn't suffering, and it's reputation isn't either.

System Name MSI GP76
Processor intel i7 11800h
Cooling 2 laptop fans
Memory 32gb of 3000mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3070
Storage x2 PNY 8tb cs2130 m.2 SSD--16tb of space
Display(s) 17.3" IPS 1920x1080 240Hz
Power Supply 280w laptop power supply
Mouse Logitech m705
Keyboard laptop keyboard
Software lots of movies and Windows 10 with win 7 shell
Benchmark Scores Good enough for me
I dont know how long TT has been up and running but from their forums it seems many years. The TT forums seems to be pretty much dead. I like to go to a tech site where the forums are alive with members and sharing ideas, talking about stuff.

I read some of the reviews and the reviews are incomplete, the laptop reviews dont have anything on power draw or screen quality. I want to know how bright is the screen or how are the colors. And temperatures, I dont want to see how the external surface temperatures will be, I want to know the maximum temperature the laptop will get at 100%. Your so called gaming laptop review are kinda of a joke with the surface temperature. Laptop gamers want the max temps. If you like ideas go to http://www.notebookcheck.net/ They have a complete reviews about laptops and other tech things.

The hard drives dont have power draw either. I want to know how much power draw a certain HD or SSD will produce.

Overall TT is not bad or not great tech review site from what I saw, I give it a "under average" tech review site. Maybe the owner shouldnt be mocking people and instead learning in why people dont like the website.

Last edited:
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches
Software Windows 11 Enterprise (legit), Gentoo Linux x64
Not really, because they are usually always 100% against any advertising. And will reject simple things even like watching a short video every 24 hours. So, we will use technology to control who views our content.

Frankly, I object to being forced into watching a video period.

So yeah, I guess I'm not using your site. Too bad because I find other kinds of advertising acceptable.

EDIT: Oh, you mean if people block ads they'll get that? Ok... I don't mind that so much as long as the primary ads are not explosively in my face.

Last edited:

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
So how does one circumvent this other than to stop reading at their site?

I don't want to watch a promo ad and I will not disable ad-blocker.
The heavy handed crap has to stop.

i unfollowed their facebook page because their website wouldnt work on mobile, and then they've pulled this shit on desktop - despite liking their content i just wont use their site now.

System Name MSI GP76
Processor intel i7 11800h
Cooling 2 laptop fans
Memory 32gb of 3000mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3070
Storage x2 PNY 8tb cs2130 m.2 SSD--16tb of space
Display(s) 17.3" IPS 1920x1080 240Hz
Power Supply 280w laptop power supply
Mouse Logitech m705
Keyboard laptop keyboard
Software lots of movies and Windows 10 with win 7 shell
Benchmark Scores Good enough for me
i unfollowed their facebook page because their website wouldnt work on mobile, and then they've pulled this shit on desktop - despite liking their content i just wont use their site now.
Does the mobile page also have ads. Just wondering, I do like some of their news reporting.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Then do like TPU has and get paid a percentage of each link posted or purchase made off a link. There isn't a need to blast ads all over the place.
I imagine TPU isn't suffering, and it's reputation isn't either.

I do have to agree, the amount of ads is a little over the top on TT. If it was two or three ads per page, it would be more acceptable. But when you go to an article and there are 4 paragraphs on each page, and 9 ads, that's crazy. One or two ads is all that is acceptable there. And several of them are not only changing and animated, but actually changing size, so the page elements jump around to adjust to the size of the ad, that is annoying.

Honestly, I'd gladly watch a short advertisement video once every 24 hours to avoid that mess...

Now, here is an interesting thing I just noticed. I use Adblock Plus, but I have the option enabled to allow "non-intrusive" ads. When I'm on TT, a few ads do load(maybe 1 per page), and I have not received the pop-up about using adblock and asking me to watch the video. So maybe that is the key. And, honestly, I think it is fair for TT. I'm still viewing some ads, so there is some revenue from my visit, but all their annoying ads get blocked. If they want more revenue from me, and other visitors, get rid of the annoying ads and put in acceptable ads instead.

Last edited:

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
In an attempt to lighten the mood, I do have a fond memory of TT. I remember they used to do recommended settings for various games. It's what first got me visiting them. That and game reviews were very good.

For some reason, idk what, I haven't been back in a couple years. I was unaware of this new ad positioning. I have to say, I can not begrudge them needing to make income. Websites aren't exactly free to produce and maintain. Still, the blocking out of the whole screen every minute if you have an ad blocker seems excessive. That's what it did to me yesterday.

System Name ibuytheusedstuff
Processor 5960x
Motherboard x99 sabertooth
Cooling old socket775 cooler
Memory 32 Viper
Video Card(s) 1080ti on morpheus 1
Storage raptors+ssd
Display(s) acer 120hz
Case open bench
Audio Device(s) onb
Power Supply antec 1200 moar power
Mouse mx 518
Keyboard roccat arvo
i think i have a good example with computerbase.de and videos.
if you want to look 3 or more videos you get the same 20 to 30 sec advertisement at each video-makes me crazy!

and tweaktown i dont go there anymore-little bit ad is ok for me like on tpu(where we were kindly asked to disable our adblocker- and i did)

System Name My system is my pet?
Processor Intel Core i5 9400f 2.9GHz/4.0 Turbo (NoOC)
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370M D3H rev. 1.0
Cooling An okayish Cooler but it is better than Intel's stock
Memory Corsair Red Line 8x2 16GB 3000MHz (NoOC) DDR4-3000 15-17-17-35 (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15R) V1.35 ver 4.24
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce MSI 980 Ti Golden Edition (NoOC)| Spare: GTX 650 Ti 1 GB
Storage Samsun 860 EVO 1 TB | Spare: WDC Black 930 GiB WD1003FZEX
Display(s) Asus VG248QZ 1920x1080 144hz 24" (Current: 60hz, because Contrast is lowered with 60+ Hz)
Case Corsair Air 540
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Corsair 850W RMi power supply (Overkill I know -long story-)
Mouse Logitech M187 wireless (First day of use 30-9-2021)
Keyboard Logitech K270 wireless
Software Windows 10 21H2 / Nobara Linux (Modified Fedora Linux)
In an attempt to lighten the mood, I do have a fond memory of TT. I remember they used to do recommended settings for various games. It's what first got me visiting them. That and game reviews were very good...
Off-topic: Recommended Settings is something good to have with reviews, some game settings are overrated and not much bring much graphics wise while killing the performance :\.
For Example Fallout 4, drop Shadow distance to medium and God Rays set to high, set any other thing to max and you get 60FPS most of the time without having super clocked Intel CPU and absurdly high frequency memory.

Now, here is an interesting thing I just noticed. I use Adblock Plus, but I have the option enabled to allow "non-intrusive" ads. When I'm on TT, a few ads do load(maybe 1 per page), and I have not received the pop-up about using adblock and asking me to watch the video. So maybe that is the key. And, honestly, I think it is fair for TT. I'm still viewing some ads, so there is some revenue from my visit, but all their annoying ads get blocked. If they want more revenue from me, and other visitors, get rid of the annoying ads and put in acceptable ads instead.

The last time I visited TT in June I had non-intrusive ads allowed with ABP and I still got the full page block. Maybe they changed it since then or maybe you just got lucky. If I had been allowed to visit TT with non-intrusive ads allowed, I would have kept going there. I have no problem with the concept of ads. What I have a problem with is the amount, the placement, and the behavior of them.

If there are ads...
  • between every paragraph or between every front page news summary or anywhere in-line in a review
  • that make sound
  • that expand if I do anything other than actually clicking on it. I just visited TT with uBlock disabled and I had a Home Depot ad try to expand just by hovering over it. It failed for some reason but I am definitely counting that as unacceptable. I may put my cursor in some random place on a page, but that doesn't mean I want anything to do with what it's resting on.
  • that are way bigger than they should be. I just had a giant 1050 pixel high Toshiba/Newegg ad inside a review between "Next Page" and "Content Page Summary"
  • that appear when I hover over an image that is part of the news post. This one was a huge annoyance to me on TT. They embedded ads into every single in-line image on a page.
  • that use an excessive amount of system resources. I have three TT pages open in Firefox. One on the home page, one in an article index, and one inside a review. There was several Flash ads, one video (making sound), and a dozen or two rotating image ads all refreshing constantly. Firefox was using 15% CPU on average (stock 3930K HT-off). I closed the tabs and it instantly went down to 0% usage.
...I'm going to block them.

TT has been in the past or is still guilty of all of these. These are terrible ad practices. If I ever visit a site like that, you better damn believe I am going to block every single one of the offending ads. If you try to tell me to disable my ad blocker, I'm just going to laugh in your face and never visit your site again and recommend others not to as well.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
Am there right now, whitelisted on both Adblock and Ghostery, and it's not so bad for a sub-par site (which I always have considered them to be). The ads inside the articles are a bit too much, and the two ads you have to scroll through to get down to the comments are also too much. But it plays well with the theme of the site I guess.

The last time I visited TT in June I had non-intrusive ads allowed with ABP and I still got the full page block. Maybe they changed it since then or maybe you just got lucky. If I had been allowed to visit TT with non-intrusive ads allowed, I would have kept going there. I have no problem with the concept of ads. What I have a problem with is the amount, the placement, and the behavior of them.

If there are ads...
  • that expand if I do anything other than actually clicking on it. I just visited TT with uBlock disabled and I had a Home Depot ad try to expand just by hovering over it. It failed for some reason but I am definitely counting that as unacceptable. I

Those I am actually fine with, as long as it's not over the top. At TT right now there is a purple bubble inside one ad that slightly expands when I hover over it. Hardly intrusive IMO.

Am there right now, whitelisted on both Adblock and Ghostery, and it's not so bad for a sub-par site (which I always have considered them to be). The ads inside the articles are a bit too much, and the two ads you have to scroll through to get down to the comments are also too much. But it plays well with the theme of the site I guess.

Those I am actually fine with, as long as it's not over the top. At TT right now there is a purple bubble inside one ad that slightly expands when I hover over it. Hardly intrusive IMO.
Well it failed to open so I don't know exactly what it would have looked like. On TT I've never experienced (that I remember) an expanding ad anything near how Tom's Hardware would have. You know the ones, hover over it for more that a tenth of a second and it expands to half the screen. TT gets a point for that but they are very much in the red from the other violations.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
2) About our ad recovery system, it's new and there are some bugs we are working on fixing right as we speak. For the past few months, we have been forcing ad recovery. We are trying a new ad recovery system that asks ad blocking users to watch a short video every 24 hours. After watching the video, you get ad-free access to our content for 24 hours. Is this such a bad thing? We are completely anti subscription as we believe content on the internet should be free of charge, but we also need to pay our awesome reviewers and reporters. If you can't accept that, sorry, but no worries, don't visit TweakTown.

Yes, it's a bad thing. Forcing your users onto anything on a website is generally a bad thing. Our government even came back on it not too long ago with regards to a cookie popup. It is widely considered one/some of the more annoying things to deal with on a website.

If you want visitors to generate revenue, create a community that is willing and able to put in work. That starts with a warm welcome above anything else. If you want to make money off ads, you need to find a way to make people want to watch them. The battle needs to be fought with advertisers, not with users.

Processor Intel i7 970 // Intel i7 2600K
Motherboard Asus Rampage III Formula // Asus P8P67 Deluxe
Cooling Zalman CNPS9900MaxB // Zalman CNPS11X
Memory GSkill 2133 12GB // Corsair V 2400 32GB
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX1080 // MSI GTX1070
Storage Samsung 860EVO // Samsung840P
Display(s) HP w2207h
Case CoolerMaster Stacker 830se // Lian Li PC-9F
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Seasonic X 850w Gold // EVGA 850w G2
Mouse Logitech G502SE HERO, G9
Keyboard Dell
Software W10 Pro 22H2
The forced ads are back. @CamWilmot : Cameron Wilmot no doubt pulled the forced ads to quiet down the protest for 2 days then reinstated them today.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
The forced ads are back. @CamWilmot : Cameron Wilmot no doubt pulled the forced ads to quiet down the protest for 2 days then reinstated them today.
I'll check how it works with my ad blocker when I get to my PC later today. Sounds like fun. :rolleyes:

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<

More Appropiate would be
Twerktown

Because they are making Ass's of themselves

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
You are not the 1% of the world. You are 50% and sometimes higher. And if you are blocking ads, you are actually costing us money to serve your views. So, to be frank, I don't mind you not visiting.

Neither do I - Bye. :nutkick:

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Keyboard Yes
I got the prompt to watch the video to continue. I clicked ok to watch it like (I said previously that I didn't mind this) but the video never showed up and the site remained greyed out (in blue) and inaccessible, even with a refresh. I didn't bother troubleshooting it and went elsewhere. You need to fix this or you'll lose traffic and goodwill.

EDIT: just tried it again now. Got that ad block prompt again. I clicked watch video, where all that happened is that the sound started playing, but there was no video window. Again, this is a fail that you need to address.

Last edited:

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
I'm happy to directly answer any questions anyone has here.

And last Seen
CamWilmot was last seen:
Saturday at 9:02 PM

He Replied To a couple of people ( not that Respectfully )
After Reading some of the posted Comments of people trying to get on his site you got to wonder if the above quote was made with any sincerity

"he's out of here"
we are all freetards for Running Add Blockers
Given that this is an Indicator of how he treats Forum posters
I Sincerely wonder how long his Site will Survive as he .........meh not worth further comments he aint coming back to read them

CAPSLOCKSTUCK

Spaced Out Lunar Tick
System Name Party On
Processor Xeon w 3520
Motherboard DFI Lanparty
Cooling Big tower thing
Memory 6 gb Ballistix Tracer
Video Card(s) HD 7970
Case a plank of wood
Audio Device(s) seperate amp and 6 big speakers
Power Supply Corsair
Mouse cheap
Keyboard under going restoration
I pretty much stopped watching TV because of the adverts. I hate to have advertising forced on me.

Long live Youtube and the BBC

upload_2016-11-23_17-20-39.png

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Keyboard Yes
I pretty much stopped watching TV because of the adverts. I hate to have advertising forced on me.

Long live Youtube and the BBC

View attachment 81318
Alas, YT have ads getting in the way of their videos nowadays, some dismissable after 5 seconds and some that go the whole hog of 30 seconds, plus interrupting in the middle of the video which really irks me. They also have a banner ad which pops up a few seconds after pressing play that doesn't go away unless it's dismissed. I guess this is how they're "monetizing" their platform now, horrible word. This is all very annoying for me and I hope there's a way around this, but I'm not too optimistic.

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
Look at the reasons Ad Blockers came into being, look at what they block. If it wasnt for tracking and the collection of personal information there wouldnt be a need for them. As malware became easy to distribute thru ads, the need for ad and script blockers had become the only answer. Ad servers can never, ever, be trusted. If website owners and marketers cant understand this, they must not care shit for their consumer/user/customers so they dont need my traffic.

The thing I like about No Script addon, it shows the adservers, same with Ublock, you can mark those server to be block permanently. The last time I ever went to Tweaktown for anything was to get a healthy dose of malware that said "nyah, nyah, dont you come back no more, no more, no more!".

And I didnt. Their content isnt unique enough that it cant be found on other tech sites.

Last edited: