• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Two teenagers assault 60-year-old teacher who confiscated one of their iPod's

spectre440

Processor Athlon 64 x2 4000+ (65nm Brisbane)
Motherboard Abit AN-M2 (AM2) nForce 630a
Cooling Stock everything (for the time being), 2x120mm fans (intake & exhaust)
Memory 2GB (2x1024) OCZ Platinum PC2-6400 (4-4-4-15, 2T)
Video Card(s) PowerColor ATI HD 2600XT 256mb GDDR4 PCI-e
Storage Hitachi Deskstar 160GB SATA 3.0G/s, External USB2.0 WD 160GB
Display(s) LG 17' LCD (L1753TR)
Case HEC-Compucase 6A, black & grey
Audio Device(s) On-Board 7.1 (realtek)
Power Supply Spire Zeno 650W
Software WinXP Pro SP2 (32-bit, for the time being)
i think in the uk they should bring back public flogging for an option for the courts.teenagers would shit their pants at the thought of that.

now there's an idea!
a bit medieval-ish, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Namslas90

The biggest problems are the School policies. They say you can't or shouldn't bring these things to school, and yet there is no policy as to how the situation should be handled if it happens. The system leave the teachers to fend for themselves and the students believe that they have the right to resolve the situation on their own. If the school had proper policies about this; the ipod would have been turned into the office the same way belongings are surrendered when one goes to jail. The parents would have been notified and the item returned. Many teachers in my childrens school also take things from kids and due to the lack of policy these things usually end up getting lost or stolen or taken by the teachers. Yet, we are confused as to why children do such bad things.

mysticjon

Processor AMD Phenom x4 9850 black edition
Cooling big water 745
Memory Kingston 4gb(1gbx4) ddr2 (dual channel)
Video Card(s) ati sapphire radeon hd 6850
Storage 2tb
Display(s) samsung 226bw 22 inch wide lcd screen
Case apeiva qpack2
Audio Device(s) creative soundblaster X-fi fatal1ty series
Power Supply silent pro 600watt modular
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x86
watching and hearing folks from the UK getting angry is sooo funny, its like its "forced" out..maybe them british movies arnt that educational wise to learn about like in the UK lol

okay
american way of getting to the point when upset- F*ck off B*tch
british way- piss off u imbecilic bloody hell

zekrahminator

McLovin
Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Brisbane @ 2.8GHz (224x12.5, 1.425V)
Motherboard Gigabyte sumthin-or-another, it's got an nForce 430
Cooling Dual 120mm case fans front/rear, Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, Zalman VF-900 on GPU
Memory 2GB G.Skill DDR2 800
Video Card(s) Sapphire X850XT @ 580/600
Storage WD 160 GB SATA hard drive.
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen, 5ms response time, 1440x900
Case Thermaltake Soprano (black with side window).
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Live! 24 bit (paired with X-530 speakers).
Power Supply ThermalTake 430W TR2
Software XP Home SP2, can't wait for Vista SP1.
american way of getting to the point when upset- F*ck off B*tch
british way- piss off u imbecilic bloody hell

Stereotypically speaking, yes, but...I can't remember the last time someone told me to "fuck off, bitch".

S

Slater

trying to find a clip I read in yesterdays paper about a 70 year old x-military guy who was vacationing in florida with a bunch of friends from some club when their minivan was aproched by 3 men, one of whom was known to the law as a guy who would go around robbing people in the Area with a 38 knives and 2 friends. The thief put a gun to the bus drivers head while the other 2 were asking for valubles... the elders fought back and eventually his 2 friends took off while the x-military guy snaped the thiefs neck which killed the known thief. and because itr was an act of self defence they will not be charged.

couldent find a link it happened in ft.lauderdale, florida.

Yeah my neighbor was there.

System Name COLOSSUS-MK4
Processor E8400 @4.4 GHz - FSB @550 MHZ
Motherboard Asus P5K Premium (Black Pearl)
Cooling Xigmatek HDT-S1283
Memory 2x1GB Geil BlckDrgn 800 @1158 5-5-5-18
Video Card(s) 8800GT 512MB @740/1782/2080
Storage Hitachi T7K250 250GB & 7200.10 Seagate 250GB
Display(s) Gateway FPD1975W 19" Widescreen
Case Antec 1200
Audio Device(s) Xi-FI Xtreme Audio
Power Supply CoolerMaster IGreen 500W
Software XP Home SP3
Benchmark Scores SuperPi: 10.563 Sciencemark: 2563.14
Good idea,

who gives a sh1t if its old, it works, and that is what matters.

But thats the thing, it didn't work. That kind of punishment never workd, it just causes resentment and hate. I consider myself pretty level headed although I have a nasty temper if I am really pissed, so if someone was to hit me with a cane, I don't know what I'd do. Take the beating or go mental on the guy.

No, the teacher did what he should have but these kids weren't disciplined at an early enough age. The really annoying thing is that in the UK if the teacher had touched a hair on their heads, he'd have been sacked for child molestation, abuse, assault and god knows what else they could put on him. Thats the sad thing about the UK nowadays...

In all my honesty some teachers are REALLY "Jealous" the fact is, that when my friend's PSP was confiscated (his bag was open...) the teacher even said "I think my kids would love this"-Honestly, teachers that talk like that should get a teacher re-ed.

Processor Q6600 G0 @ 3.2Ghz
Motherboard Asus p5k-Premium/Black Pearl
Cooling Luna Block, 240mm rad
Memory Patriot Extreme PC2-6400 2x2GB
Video Card(s) Saphire 5850 1GB
Storage 60GB SSD + 2x500GB/1TB/2TB
Display(s) Samsung 226BW and 50" Panasonic S2
Case Silverstone TJ-09
Audio Device(s) X-fi Prelude
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy Dxx 850watt
Software Windows7 32Bit
Benchmark Scores Super Pi 1M 14.333
yeah its not the most mature way to go about it but what can u do some people are retarded lol than sometimes they pull it on the wrong person and boom.. it blows up in thier face. not saying thats what happened to the old man, its just what happens to people who do stupid things to the wrong person, or even anything to upset the wrong person.. as long as your in the right though your usually ok. humm yeah thats about it, treat everyone you meet well... you never know whos who.

Okay all you guys are purely acting stupid (not chewy), why bring back the cane? The Teacher and students are at fault. If the teacher said "I won't give it back"... then the students DO have a right to argue as it IS theft of property. On the students side, they are also wrong as they could have just asked "when will I get it back?".

Namslas90

Okay all you guys are purely acting stupid (not chewy), why bring back the cane? The Teacher and students are at fault. If the teacher said "I won't give it back"... then the students DO have a right to argue as it IS theft of property. On the students side, they are also wrong as they could have just asked "when will I get it back?".

Actualy it's the School policy that is at fault. There is no set policy at most schools regarding how to properly confiscate personel property and no records are made or reciepts given. Thats why the teachers get away with keeping the stuff, or giving it away to other students, or even thrwoing it in the garbage!!

Shyska

Processor AMD Athlon64 3000+ Venice @2.5GHz
Motherboard Asus A8N-E :(this board limits my cpu overclock ):
Cooling CPU box, GPU Zalman VF700-Cu
Memory 2x512MB PC3200 @227MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire X850XT 256MB PCI-E @ 605/618
Storage 40GB & 120GB Maxtors
Power Supply Generic 400W
Software Windows XP Pro SP2 | Debian GNU/Linux <sarge>
After all, stuff like cell phones, ipods, cameras etc etc aren't supposed to be at school at all, if Teacher saw one he/she should be able to confiscate for good (in case student doesn't have school's permission or smth alike). That would solve a lot of problems...

Yeah same thing lol. One of the teachers in my friend's school got fired when he tried to pull one of those "neck mp3" players off a girl. If I were the student and I wasn't getting it back... I would honestly threaten to file a lawsuit if the confiscated item was not returned (In some serious and very provocative-non crude language).

The first page of this thread is full of posters who need a re-ed in Human Rights, you guys don't even seem to have gone to school before.

Teachers in my school are not allowed to keep the items they give the item straight back to the student next lesson they have the teacher, next day OR at the end of the period. Stuff like knives will land you with a tackle-down job and a paddy wagon with handcuffs, sending you to the nearest police station.

An IPOD costs a lot of money and may be the student's pride. Losing it wouldn't be that bad compared it being confiscated and NOT returned. The student knows who took it so THUS, this IS the teacher, school and Student's fault.

Some notes to consider:
For the student to react in such a way, the teacher must have really disliked the student and the item was probably not going to be returned, the teacher could have exploited this AND taken the intellectual property (pride) as well as the Serial code. Thus the teacher would have recieved a very expensive item that IS harmless and does not pose a threat to the individuals in the classroom. How far a student progresses in school is mostly up to the student him/herself, if a teacher was to not hand the item back to the student, and if the item was with intellectual property then the teacher could be charged for theft of intellectual and physical property. This could even up the accusitions as the teacher was not injured enough to be completely crippled.

HOWEVER

The student may win the court case and be faced with another charge; piracy, yes this is a stab in the dark, noone has thought of this. The student is in an extremely disadvantageous postition, due to the fact that the student had stolen intellectual property, thus making the studen even more likely to be sent to a detention centre/face fines/parole.

Nevertheless if the teacher left the item at home he would face the charges the student would have to face. The medium of these three crimes is described in two words:

PURE STUPIDITY.

Namslas90

After all, stuff like cell phones, ipods, cameras etc etc aren't supposed to be at school at all, if Teacher saw one he/she should be able to confiscate for good (in case student doesn't have school's permission or smth alike). That would solve a lot of problems...

Sure but that doesn't mean the teacher should keep your childs $200(+) cell phone, it should be returned to the parents. It's not like its a toy; like in the days the teachers started to confiscate things from kids in school. But that's the way most schools still look at it.

Namslas90

Also, lots of kids need to call for transportation after school (busses only every 4 hours)and the school will not let your child use their telephone and no payphones allowed on campus.

Yeah same thing lol. One of the teachers in my friend's school got fired when he tried to pull one of those "neck mp3" players off a girl. If I were the student and I wasn't getting it back... I would honestly threaten to file a lawsuit if the confiscated item was not returned (In some serious and very provocative-non crude language).

The first page of this thread is full of posters who need a re-ed in Human Rights, you guys don't even seem to have gone to school before.

Teachers in my school are not allowed to keep the items they give the item straight back to the student next lesson they have the teacher, next day OR at the end of the period. Stuff like knives will land you with a tackle-down job and a paddy wagon with handcuffs, sending you to the nearest police station.

An IPOD costs a lot of money and may be the student's pride. Losing it wouldn't be that bad compared it being confiscated and NOT returned. The student knows who took it so THUS, this IS the teacher, school and Student's fault.

Some notes to consider:
For the student to react in such a way, the teacher must have really disliked the student and the item was probably not going to be returned, the teacher could have exploited this AND taken the intellectual property (pride) as well as the Serial code. Thus the teacher would have recieved a very expensive item that IS harmless and does not pose a threat to the individuals in the classroom. How far a student progresses in school is mostly up to the student him/herself, if a teacher was to not hand the item back to the student, and if the item was with intellectual property then the teacher could be charged for theft of intellectual and physical property. This could even up the accusitions as the teacher was not injured enough to be completely crippled.

HOWEVER

The student may win the court case and be faced with another charge; piracy, yes this is a stab in the dark, noone has thought of this. The student is in an extremely disadvantageous postition, due to the fact that the student had stolen intellectual property, thus making the studen even more likely to be sent to a detention centre/face fines/parole.

Nevertheless if the teacher left the item at home he would face the charges the student would have to face. The medium of these three crimes is described in two words:

PURE STUPIDITY.

Quoted myself for emphasis.

Shyska, you saying that offends many, curb your speech. How would confiscating and not returning be good? Its THEFT. Look I would be a teacher honestly if noone got offended for confiscating stuff but THINK. It will not and never solve problems, no matter if your communist or democratic. I know there is public opinion but honestly, I would expect MANY to revolt, so would I, but in the sense of law; I would go full on with suing the teacher.

now there's an idea!
a bit medieval-ish, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

i think in the uk they should bring back public flogging for an option for the courts.teenagers would shit their pants at the thought of that.

You guys are lesser than humans, even to suggest flogging makes you total lowlives of any society. People like that don't deserve to be in this forum-no no forums in the world. See what the UN would say about those comments...

ex_reven

at my school we have a good policy

you bring shit to school, it gets confiscated
you want it back? your parent has to pick it up.

You dont want your parents to know you were on your phone/ipod in class because they will deck you? Looks like you'll be giving up your ipod :roll: :)

See what the UN would say about those comments...

The UN has to be the largest most powerless piece of shit organisation on the planet lol

at my school we have a good policy

you bring shit to school, it gets confiscated
you want it back? your parent has to pick it up.

You dont want your parents to know you were on your phone/ipod in class because they will deck you? Looks like you'll be giving up your ipod :roll: :)

The UN has to be the largest most powerless piece of shit organisation on the planet lol

Fine amnesty international.

mysticjon

Cooling big water 745
Storage 2tb
Case apeiva qpack2
You guys are lesser than humans, even to suggest flogging makes you total lowlives of any society. People like that don't deserve to be in this forum-no no forums in the world. See what the UN would say about those comments...

nice very nice very nice u tell them :D

hmm maybe a dental plan :)

mysticjon

Cooling big water 745
Storage 2tb
Case apeiva qpack2
dental plan :) maybe if they have one their communication skills between the teacher and students would be more effective,

spraying spit in peoples faces as they say "pisssss off" doesnt help the situation at all

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
I agree with much that you are saying tk. Especially about the issue of teachers not returning confiscated items. But I entirely disagree with you here. I believe 100% in corporal punishment. Had there been more harsh punishments in effect, the students wouldn't be as likely to commit such a heinous crime. This comes from a parent of 3. BEAT THEM!!!!! Talking and reasoning doesn't work with people of this nature. They are selfish and spoiled.

As far as the UN, it is a self righteous piece of shit. Very little of their legislation does anything but make it easier for terrorists (and the like) to get away with what they do. Terrorists don't follow UN rules, but when a UN nation is dealing with known terrorists, lord forbid if they fight fire with fire. They can't even embarrass pows, without the UN coming down on them. Which, I might add, in no way physically hurts them.

Last edited:
System Name The Expanse
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Asus Prime X570-Pro BIOS 5013 AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.Ca.
Cooling Corsair H150i Pro
Memory 32GB GSkill Trident RGB DDR4-3200 14-14-14-34-1T (B-Die)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24GB (24.3.1)
Storage WD SN850X 2TB / Corsair MP600 1TB / Samsung 860Evo 1TB x2 Raid 0 / Asus NAS AS1004T V2 14TB
Display(s) LG 34GP83A-B 34 Inch 21: 9 UltraGear Curved QHD (3440 x 1440) 1ms Nano IPS 160Hz
Case Fractal Design Meshify S2
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi + Logitech Z-5500 + HS80 Wireless
Power Supply Corsair AX850 Titanium
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB SE
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 22H2
Benchmark Scores 3800X https://valid.x86.fr/1zr4a5 5800X https://valid.x86.fr/2dey9c
That is because our current system of law is a fucken joke. And until its fixed shit like this crap will always happen. And I believe in beating the shit out of those kids. My parents would give me a slap or two when I got out of line when I was younger, and I think it made me a better man today. Never really got in trouble with the cops, have no criminal record. Don't get me wrong I did stupid and dumb things here and there. Also problem is alot of people just lack common sense. You'd be surprised how rare Common sense actually is these days.

These idiots kids will get 10years and probably early parole. I think russia has something good setup there, instead of the sue happy americans.

zekrahminator

McLovin
Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Brisbane @ 2.8GHz (224x12.5, 1.425V)
Motherboard Gigabyte sumthin-or-another, it's got an nForce 430
Cooling Dual 120mm case fans front/rear, Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, Zalman VF-900 on GPU
Memory 2GB G.Skill DDR2 800
Video Card(s) Sapphire X850XT @ 580/600
Storage WD 160 GB SATA hard drive.
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen, 5ms response time, 1440x900
Case Thermaltake Soprano (black with side window).
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Live! 24 bit (paired with X-530 speakers).
Power Supply ThermalTake 430W TR2
Software XP Home SP2, can't wait for Vista SP1.
If I hear one more post saying how tigger and company are low-lives, they're going to get a very swift smack of my banstick.