• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
@Alan Finote ,

1. Not working for me (DTSi/DDL not enabled)
2. Can't be uninstalled

EDIT:

3. Suspicious behaviour detected by the antivirus

EDIT2:

In case it helps, my motherboard is Asus Prime H270M Plus, with ALC887 audio chip, no native DTSi/DDL. The only reliable way I've found to install and enable DTSi/DDL in my motherboard is to replace rltkapo64.dll from the newest Realtek driver set with v8512 patched dlls and install normally.

Last edited:
Hi all, I have monitored this thread for some time and have been using a set of drivers I downloaded from it with the SB X-Fi MB5 (with Realtek driver 8166 mainly used to boost the output from my rear surround speakers as it offers more db increase than the standard Realtek drivers) software integrated. All has been working well until I have come to use my Tritton Pro+ headset with them. When I select to use the Optical Digital out, I get no sound at all despite it showing as connected and working. I find all of the different versions of everything floating around on here a bit confusing (and I've been an IT tech for 20 years now) after trying a few and never getting them working properly. I have a Asrock Z270 Extreme4 mainboard with ALC1150 audio codec.

I was just wondering if there is a definitive version that will allow me use something with similar features to the X-Fi MB5 software and allow Dolby Digital Live 5.1 through the optical out?

Last edited:

TrancëJay

New Realtek Driver Ver. 6.0.1.8510 (HDA)
SIGNED on SHA256
Realtek ASIO Drivers Included

Link Here

Optional: DisableProtectedAudioDG

ANALOG AUDIO: Only Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5
DIGITAL AUDIO: Dolby Digital Live & DTS Interactive

I hope you enjoy and enjoy it.
Bunch of useless garbage in this pack. What is important, is absent, like Dolby Home Theather and DTS Sensation

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
There are a tool which can edit RTKHDAUD.DAT (AudioDevice_sky.rar), which can edit driver policy (DTS, SRS, Dolby etc stuff)

I did get a chance to play around with that realtek hda driver test tool on some desktop & laptop PCs - on my aunt's Dell Inspiron 580 desktop PC using Realtek ALC3220 (though it's DEV_0887), I made a rtkhdaud.dat file that would enable advanced "playback" & "record" options and having "separate" Speaker and Headphone outputs.

realtek-hdaudio-manager-app-pbrec-advoptions-dellinspiron580.png

the Realtek HDA drivers always install but do not make the Realtek HD Audio manager control panel work on Sony laptops, especially my brother's Sony Vaio VPCEB44FX laptop. I had to create a customized rtkhdaud.dat file on the Sony laptop just to make the Realtek audio manager app work there but doing that removed/disabled the Dolby home theater v3 options on the Speaker properties tab, which were natively supported by that Sony laptop running Win7 and has Realtek ALC269 audio

realtek-audio-sony-vaio-dolby-ht-pcee3.png

(this Dolby V3 option is there without the rtkhdaud.dat file that I made - but with that config file, it removes Dolby V3)

Zubastic

Patching RTKVHD64.sys file is pretect way to unlock DTSi & DDL

Any one get success to get success to unlock DTS Interactive using this tool?
https://drop.me/BVKX4d
This tool will create RTKHDAUD.DAT on C:\Windows\System32\drivers

View attachment 105632

When I edit ID to MSI HWID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_1220&SUBSYS_14629B09, the Realtek Audio Control UI from gigabyte change to MSI

View attachment 105634

View attachment 105633

If any one has a motherboard official support DTSi & DDL, may be he can share the file RTKHDAUD.DAT to unlock for other PC.
Click get driver policy, then click save. You will get RTKHDAUD.DAT file on
C:\Windows\System32\drivers
You are really lucky. With that tool I broke up my motherboard. Now I have this message:
This device cannot start. (Code 10)

I don't know what to do now... Reinstall windows has no effect.

Could anyone load dump of policy? Or get screenshots of this. Now I have:

So I think, if I load driver policy manual, maybe I get effect...

Nowhere any rtkhdaud.dat files....could anyone load it from System32/Drivers folder?

I think that problem with clear driver setting data button...

Zubastic

After reset bios at motherboard all become OK.

Now I searching info about port retasking...maybe anybody knows about that?

Last edited:
I did get a chance to play around with that realtek hda driver test tool on some desktop & laptop PCs - on my aunt's Dell Inspiron 580 desktop PC using Realtek ALC3220 (though it's DEV_0887), I made a rtkhdaud.dat file that would enable advanced "playback" & "record" options and having "separate" Speaker and Headphone outputs.

View attachment 106854

the Realtek HDA drivers always install but do not make the Realtek HD Audio manager control panel work on Sony laptops, especially my brother's Sony Vaio VPCEB44FX laptop. I had to create a customized rtkhdaud.dat file on the Sony laptop just to make the Realtek audio manager app work there but doing that removed/disabled the Dolby home theater v3 options on the Speaker properties tab, which were natively supported by that Sony laptop running Win7 and has Realtek ALC269 audio

View attachment 106855

(this Dolby V3 option is there without the rtkhdaud.dat file that I made - but with that config file, it removes Dolby V3)

Can you, please, briefly describe how to use the tool? It was not intuitive at all for me when I tried las time.

BR

menaredisposable

Guys can you please direct me to last(possibly newest and from reputable source) driver(drivers) that has WORKING Dolby Home Theater v4(PCEE4/DHT)?
DolbyHomeTheater.msi (7.2.8000.17) refuses to work with any new driver for me.
I mean ported for the latest driver would be great but I don't thing that anyone has too much time...

killeru

Hello, I have an Asus Maximus VIII Extreme that has the Realtek ALC1150 Audio Adapter. My problem is that I don't get 5.1 sound in any games (Fallout 4, Mortal Kombat XL, Street Fighter V...) through the HDMI connection (PC connected via HDMI to the Denon AVR X2400H. There are no problems with Movies, all sound type are detected (even DTS MA and TruHD). But in games, it is only stereo. So I thought I should connect a TOSLINK cable from the MB to the receiver and use it like that. Doesn't work like that either. Using the official drivers from the ASUS page I don't get the Dolby and DTS Interactive option, but after testing with several drivers I managed to get it but it is just a "virtualization" - the receiver might say that its Output is DTS but it is not the original (I don't hear the steps from behind and so on).

How should I connect/what drivers should I test? Using the same PC without the receiver and different older surround system (analog) I had no problem. I was even using it with a Creative DDTS-100 device - connected via TOSLINK cable to the integrated soundboard of the ASUS ROG VIII. 5.1 was working great in all those games.

New Realtek Driver Ver. 6.0.1.8510 (HDA)
SIGNED on SHA256
Realtek ASIO Drivers Included

Link Here

Optional: DisableProtectedAudioDG

ANALOG AUDIO: Only Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5
DIGITAL AUDIO: Dolby Digital Live & DTS Interactive

I hope you enjoy and enjoy it.

I tried to use this one but it didn`t work, I uninstalled all realtek related drives and installed this moded one, but i`m still geting stereo sound, both on spdif and analogic, when i install an outdated mod i can use 5.1 channel through spdif, please help me to make this work.

redion1992

Since updating to Win10 v1809, it seems like DDL/DTS are broken. Has anyone managed to get them working over S/PDIF, on the latest Windows updates, and if so, how do I accomplish this?

Recently, Realtek upload a video on their show DTS Interactive 5.1 not work after a restart on ASUS motherboard.
When you click Balance, it will show 6 channels on Realtek Digital Output properties levels tab, it means DTS Interactive 5.1 works.
However, the video show 2 channels after a restart.

For who has a motherboard has DTSi supported, you may try 8553 HDA beta driver (which upload a later hour after this video)

Last edited:
i have a gigabyte gaming ax370 k3 motherboard with Realtek alc 1220 codec audio, i'm trying to get 7.1 channel working through spdif, i'm using 5.1 but my home theather is 7.1, can i do this with this codec?, if not, how can i get 7.1 working on it with p2 jack? , thank you four your time.

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
i have a gigabyte gaming ax370 k3 motherboard with Realtek alc 1220 codec audio, i'm trying to get 7.1 channel working through spdif, i'm using 5.1 but my home theather is 7.1, can i do this with this codec?, if not, how can i get 7.1 working on it with p2 jack? , thank you four your time.
DDL and DTS Interactive support only up to 5.1. More than that and you need to use HDMI/DP/Analog.

redion1992

My instructions here, if you haven't tried it already:

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...-live-and-dts-interactive.193148/post-3887946

Remember, the test sound will only play 2 channels, so test with something else.

Just tried those instructions (again) on the 6.0.1.8172 driver, the last one provided by the laptop manufacturer. Rebooted with driver signature disabled, as Device Manager reported the replacement RltkAPO64.dll as unsigned. No options for DDL or DTS appear as formats in the drop-down select.

Also tested with a true 5.1 surround video sourced from https://www2.iis.fraunhofer.de/AAC/multichannel.html, all sound was out the front speakers, nothing from the rear effects.

What is your selection of optical output devices?

Did you try the drivers from the Realtek website? I'm surprised yours is called "HeadPhone", though I've known mine to change at times when I've messed around with drivers as well. I'm not sure what does that.

redion1992

That's the only one. It's a combined 3.5mm headphone/S/PDIF jack, with a manual changeover from one mode to the other which has to be done through the Realtek driver. The laptop itself is an MSI GS43VR. The only options offered by default are the built-in speakers and the combo jack.

I'll try a clean install of the unmodified Realtek drivers tomorrow and report back.

Well that hardware setup I guess could make it not work. But I'm not actually an audio driver expert.

AK_DK_pro

Well it does , there was few breakdowns in the past and recently with Creator update however that has been fixed also . This what we are doing is basically , cheating a little , we exploiting the full capabilities of RTL chip . Mostly it is all about licences for DDL , DTS-I or both . Those which mobos or audio cards comes with either or both licenses doesn't have to do anything . Those who have only one or non well this method helps out in that regard . As I mentioned before my Asus Z170-A mobo is equip with full DTS I licence and I just have to install regular drivers no need for modifications and everything works out of the box regarding DTS I but I dont have DDL however I dont need it in fact I was deliberately choosing mobo with full DTS I and DTS solution.

OK I check out my games using Dolby Digital Live and everything works it channels through all speakers in every game , also my AIMP 3 player as well as
Kodi so exept that it is less dynamic in sound the DTS other then that everything works the same for me . SO here this is how it looks like on my sistem using the same drivers I prepared for DTS/DDL using PHITO patcher:
full name of my on-board audio chip :
Audio Adapter: Intel Skylake PCH-H - High Definition Audio Controller
High Definition Audio Codec: RealTek ALC1150
View attachment 88690

so thats it, everything works on OPTICAL OUT to my Logitech Z906 speakers (DECODE lightn up)
Hi
I'm using ASUS B85 Pro Gamer motherboard
VGA: PH-GT1030-O2G
Speaker: Logitech Z906
I have tried many way to setup driver system but always failed, cannot install driver (Although used disable driver signature enforcement) or If I tried to install OK but Realtek HD manager does not have dolby tab. The decode light always is OFF. The source file is dolby source (*m2ts)
Once more time I try again. I setup realtek V6.0.1.7179 => Realtek HD have DTS tab but does not have Dolby tab, default format tab also does not have DTS
After PC's restarted, it does not have output sound.
This is hardware Ids of my computer:
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0900&SUBSYS_10438610&REV_1000
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0900&SUBSYS_10438610
Unlocked Drivers 2.72 A1
Could you help me?
Anybody could help me more?
I'm always grateful for the help
11.png

Last edited:

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
NEW REALTEK DRIVER VERSION 6.0.1.8551 + SOUND BLASTER X 720° APP (NOT UWP)
THIS DRIVER IS SIGNED BY ME, NOT REQUIRING THE DEACTIVATION OF THE DRIVER SIGNATURE ENFORCEMENT OF TEST MODE.

ANALOG OUTPUT: SOUND BLASTER X 720°

DIGITAL OUTPUT: DDL AND DTS

DOWNLOAD

WARNING: SOUND BLASTER X 720° REQUIRES NET FRAMEWORK. DO NOT INCLUDE IT IN THIS PACKAGE BY SIZE, BEING NECESSARY TO DOWNLOAD IT FROM MICROSOFT SITE.
FOLLOW THE .NET FRAMEWORK DOWNLOAD LINK:

1 - REALTEK AUDIO DRIVER 6.0.1.8551 (SIGNED BY ME)
2 - CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER X 720° APP (NOT UWP) VERSION 3.2.28.0
3 - REALTEK ASIO DRIVERS
4 - BONUS: MY DIGITAL CERTIFICATE FOR INSTALL DRIVER
5 - BONUS: MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ ALL IN ONE PACKAGE

GOOD RESORT TO ALL