• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

mmmh, let's se If I understood... In principle, I could use the unlocked drivers in order to send true 5.1 via optical while gaming. Then I could convert this optical signal to RCA with this gadget in order to use my cheap speaker system with analog ins (no optical). Is this correct now?
Thanks.

d0ubled0t

Hey,
Has anyone tried the links from rghost.net recently. I've been trying to download some of these files and the links are broken. I'm pretty sure i need the a1 64x 2.75 unlocked dll but it would be useful to everyone if we could have the files re-uploaded if anyone has them. Sorry for the slightly off-topic post but i'm new and idk why the host is down.
Thanks

Grab the 2.75 DLL from my post on pg 37. (it's in a RAR). You can get the 2.79 drivers from the Realtek website.

d0ubled0t

Grab the 2.75 DLL from my post on pg 37. (it's in a RAR). You can get the 2.79 drivers from the Realtek website.
Thanks man. Cant believe i missed that i definitely remember reading your post as well.

There is a file link in page 48: "Realtek R2.79 - A1-M1". I'm a bit confused. Is this the last driver already modified and unlocked, or do I have to install this and then the unlocked 2.75 DLL?
thanks

My R2.75 dll on page 37 still works with the R2.79 drivers. (I shouldn't say it's mine because I didn't make it, but that file works).

You always have to apply the modified DLL yourself after you install the drivers (and after a major W10 update breaks the mod). It works either method, but the A1 method is the better way to go, but the original instructions in the first post are a bit outdated. My instructions that are in my post on pg 37 should work.

2.79 is totally broken.. It is not properly modified as it broke my working 2.75. I am now trying to get 2.75 working again. Avoid 2.79 it does not work correctly at least in Windows 7 64-bit!

Irenicus

mmmh, let's se If I understood... In principle, I could use the unlocked drivers in order to send true 5.1 via optical while gaming. Then I could convert this optical signal to RCA with this gadget in order to use my cheap speaker system with analog ins (no optical). Is this correct now?
Thanks.
Umm that makes no sense.Why would you want to do that when you already have analog output to 5.1 on your soundcard to begin with? Let me explain: Most if not ALL soundcards already have 5.1 analog output. For example my own PC is plugged into my receiver via analog, 3.5mm jacks to x2 RCA (3 of them, 1 for front, one for rear and one for sub/centre). I also have an optical cable, which, prior to these drivers was only used when watching media/dvds which 99% of (my media files) are in DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1/DTSEs6.1. Now I don't need the analog because everything is going via the optical cable in DTSIteractive. So everything I listen to is DTS, youtube, twitch, music, games.....

Games are already output, with correct windows audio (playback devices) settings/ game settings , to 5.1 analog,
(some games require you to choose 5.1, many don't however and detect this automatically thesedays)
which is not some pseudo 5.1, this is TRUE 5.1, it's just analog, not digital bitstream. The advantage of these drivers is you bypass the need for this by using optical/coax to take advantage of your receiver's DTS/DD capablities via DDLive and DTSInteractive encoding bitstreams, the resulting sound is also more dynamic (Dynamic range) and higher fidelity sound.

You want to convert a 5.1 analog signal to digital then back to analog again for no reason basically. Unless I missed something about what you said, i'm a little confused by your posts

I was told that it is possible to use dolby home theater and high dtsnos ordinary speakers.
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/attachments/capture6-png.52999/

That's true?
See above. DDL and DTSi are both bitstreams (digital signal) and therefore no, you cannot use them with ordinary speakers as you require a compatible receiver that can decode the bistream.

2.79 is totally broken.. It is not properly modified as it broke my working 2.75. I am now trying to get 2.75 working again. Avoid 2.79 it does not work correctly at least in Windows 7 64-bit!
2.79 working perfectly fine here in Win 7 x64. Are you sure you completed all steps correctly via A1 or M1 methods?

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm that makes no sense.Why would you want to do that when you already have analog output to 5.1 on your soundcard to begin with? Let me explain: Most if not ALL soundcards already have 5.1 analog output. For example my own PC is plugged into my receiver via analog, 3.5mm jacks to x2 RCA (3 of them, 1 for front, one for rear and one for sub/centre). I also have an optical cable, which, prior to these drivers was only used when watching media/dvds which 99% of (my media files) are in DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1/DTSEs6.1. Now I don't need the analog because everything is going via the optical cable in DTSIteractive. So everything I listen to is DTS, youtube, twitch, music, games.....

Games are already output, with correct windows audio (playback devices) settings/ game settings , to 5.1 analog,
(some games require you to choose 5.1, many don't however and detect this automatically thesedays)
which is not some pseudo 5.1, this is TRUE 5.1, it's just analog, not digital bitstream. The advantage of these drivers is you bypass the need for this by using optical/coax to take advantage of your receiver's DTS/DD capablities via DDLive and DTSInteractive encoding bitstreams, the resulting sound is also more dynamic (Dynamic range) and higher fidelity sound.

You want to convert a 5.1 analog signal to digital then back to analog again for no reason basically. Unless I missed something about what you said, i'm a little confused by your posts

Greets, I have all the analog 5.1 outputs taken by my roccat kave headset (real 5.1 analog headset). I said it a few posts above.
The idea is having two 5.1 sets. One analog for my headset and the other optical for a 5.1 speaker set.

lol I got the same headset (the XTD version now though) :p

But I've got that all hooked up to another special box just so I could use it with my PS4. :rolleyes:

But sadly, my stupid old surround sound receiver only has optical as its best option.

Yep, mine is the XTD too. The analog version.
BTW (beware off topic! xD ) If you have issues with the lack of bass power reported by many users for this headset, I have managed to boost my basses high up. Too much indeed.
If you have this problem with the Roccat tell me, maybe I could help you. Greets!

Nope, I'm all set. I managed to figure out the different things that effect the amount of bass in both the Realtek outputs and from the Nvidia HDMI out/Microsoft configuration (which I'm currently using for the headset). Might have been nice to have some more configuration options available, but I'm broke and satisfied enough with what I've got. :p

(I did crack one of the adjustment latches on the side though... :( It's still holding, but at least this one isn't nearly as painful as the old version's headband. :D )

Irenicus

Greets, I have all the analog 5.1 outputs taken by my roccat kave headset (real 5.1 analog headset). I said it a few posts above.
The idea is having two 5.1 sets. One analog for my headset and the other optical for a 5.1 speaker set.
Ahh I see. Then no issue really, 5.1 via headset analog output (no need for any encoding or DDL etc) and use optical DDL/DTSi via optical. The way mine is setup I can do that and listen to two different sources at once (eg my kid uses headphones while playing a game and I can have media playing via optical and HTS). the only problem you'd have with that is forcing each app/game to use the source you want, but that's easily done via sound device panel.

Irenicus

lol... I disagree on that last part. Windows doesn't natively let you do that. Either the program has to let you do it, or you have to use a 3rd party application to route the audio. For example the program this guy made in the top comment of this reddit thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/software/comments/3f3em6/is_there_a_alternative_to_chevolume/
Not at all. I can do all of that without any 3rd party software. But they are talking about USB headset and HDMI. Not analog/optical. Quite different (and not at all efficient or how you really want to do things).

You're saying that you can change every one of your program's and game's default output device without any 3rd party software or hardware while also having other programs (that also don't have the option) set to a different output device?

Windows only lets you set 1 default output device. If the application itself doesn't have the option to choose its own output device, then you need 3rd party software to switch it to something other than the one the default is set to.

HughGlass

Jgr9 - Thanks for your post back on page 37, your method worked great and I now have access to DTS and DDL. However, when playing the test tones, the surround speaker tones are played in the front two speakers. Previously this was not a problem. Also, in testing the DDL I only get tones out of the front two speakers. My receiver is showing that is a true digital signal, and not the two channel signal prior to the driver install.

Do I need to just run through the steps again, or is there some additional configuration that needs to be done?

Thanks for all the hard work putting this information down

Last edited:

Irenicus

You're saying that you can change every one of your program's and game's default output device without any 3rd party software or hardware while also having other programs (that also don't have the option) set to a different output device?

Windows only lets you set 1 default output device. If the application itself doesn't have the option to choose its own output device, then you need 3rd party software to switch it to something other than the one the default is set to.
I've never had that issue as I said, as at the most a game will be being played while watching a movie, games using analog and MPC-HC or KODI using digital. I don't really see any scenario where I'd personally need software like that. Every program I use either uses default device, or I can set it manually. I can see why it would be handy if you did need that though.

Jgr9 - Thanks for your post back on page 37, your method worked great and I now have access to DTS and DDL. However, when playing the test tones, the surround speaker tones are played in the front two speakers. Previously this was not a problem. Also, in testing the DDL I only get tones out of the front two speakers. My receiver is showing that is a true digital signal, and not the two channel signal prior to the driver install.

Do I need to just run through the steps again, or is there some additional configuration that needs to be done?

Thanks for all the hard work putting this information down
That's normal mate, the test tone doesn't play through all channels like when using analog. As long as it plays through the front two and your receiver shows DD or DTS as set, then you're fine :)

Last edited by a moderator:

HughGlass

Are you talking about testing in the "Supported Formats" tab, or the Advanced tab (where I select DDL)?

Prior to installing 2.79, I was able to get each speaker to play the test tone in supported formats (and show digital on the receiver), however the trouble came when I started playing games or listening to other audio. After installing 2.79, game audio still does not play in surround sound, even though the receiver shows digital.

Yeah, the test tone playing stereo is normal (at the moment at least) unfortunately.