• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

So there is still no "(Optical)" in that list.... That is very strange..... I don't know how that would happen.

Does it appear if you install R2.79 (not R.79 like you stated) with no modification?

Back to using onboard again with the DTS option.
Now, a graphic equalizer is desperately needed.
Found a chrome addon that has an equalizer in the fricken browser, and works very well.
Winamp is fine with it's own equalizer too.
So how come there isn't a generic equalizer for windows? Why couldn't M$ create a generic equalizer for sound? WHY????? WHY?

I've got one in the R2.79 Realtek Audio Manager. Not interested in using it though anymore.

I know there used to be periods of time or other issues where it just wouldn't appear in the past, years ago now, which was annoying, but I've had it here for a while now.

CaptainStuhlgang

Hi guys,

I've been trying this out with the R2.71 but I didn't get it done :(.

I did everything step by step as described by CrackerJack on the first page. DDL and DTS Interactive are both available in the audio driver menu now.
But I do only receive an error (Unrecoverable playback error: Unknown error code (0x88890008) as soon as I want to play some music via foobar after DTS or DDL was enabled. The playback stops and won't work until I change the default format to PCM. Watching a movie ends up in a video without sound....

This is my setup:

- Windows 10
- MSi X79A-GD-45 (8D)
- HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_1462D760&REV_1003
- ALC892

CaptainStuhlgang

Thanks for the advice.

I better should have done that ^^. Your post on page 37 looks like a working solution. The 2.71 is probably just too "old" to run properly on Windows 10, especially if it's modified.

I gonna check this (R2.79 driver with modified R2.75 file) out and give you a response the next few days.

rxracer

Long story, but a single mouse click led to a series of events that resulted in a fried motherboard. Public holidays and necessity severely limited my choice . I ended up with a Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 5. ALC1150 audio.

Turns out it's ok, but with one big problem for me. No DDL or DTS in the the gigabyte realtek drivers and/or gui. Not sure why I installed them. I had no network drivers and the cd had everything. I took the lazy option, not knowing I'd get the godawful gigabyte gui. Everything is 2 steps. Click any adjuster and it flies 3 or 4 steps. Makes setting the EQ a nightmare.

Anyway, I've tried installing the official drivers from realtek, three 3rd party uninstallers, and the workaround on page 37. I see and hear DDL/DTS in supported formats, and do get them in the advanced>default format list after the page 37 fix. Unfortunately applying them results in the familiar tone fail error I remember from the unsupported win10 builds. Plus various errors from different media players. The gigabyte gui worries me to start with. Not sure if it should. I'm really hoping a clean OS install using only the official realtek drivers will bring back the familiar gui and my DDL button. Is that wishful thinking? Am I up for a motherboard change?

Here's 2 pics. The default format pic is highlighted cos I posted in overclockers before finding this dedicated thread. The second prolly isn't any help, it's not the advanced tab showing DDL/DTS. I'm done breaking realtek for the day, so no pic :oops:. My thanks in advance for any help.

Edit - @CaptainStuhlgang - That's either the same, or very close to the same error foobar gives me. And the same situation. DDL and DTS show up in the list but are very broken. And I used the latest method

Edit - Just found this (I'm in Australia) - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Bgears-b...011584?hash=item2363033b80:g:Xr0AAOSwFNZWwmTU. Practically every review says the analog dies after 1 year... lol. I don't care, never use analog. If the OS re-install doesn't work I'll just grab one of these. Can't find the exact price but one reviewer was talking over $100US at the time. Just a heads up for anyone who can't get the workaround going. Try and find one of these.

Attachments

• gigabyte.realtek.jpg
    gigabyte.realtek.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 8,444
  • Device.Properties.jpg
    Device.Properties.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 1,020
Last edited:
System Name MSI GT60-0NC-004US
Processor i7 3610QM
Motherboard 16F3
Cooling Cooler Boost 2
Memory 16GB DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Clevo GTX 980M 8GB
Storage Samsung 850 PRO 256GB + WD Scorpio Black 7200rpm 750GB
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Delta 180W (19V)
Mouse Rapoo 3900
Keyboard Steelseries
Software Windows 10 x64 Build 1511
Thanks for the advice.

I better should have done that ^^. Your post on page 37 looks like a working solution. The 2.71 is probably just too "old" to run properly on Windows 10, especially if it's modified.

I gonna check this (R2.79 driver with modified R2.75 file) out and give you a response the next few days.

I can confirm that the R2.75 file works with R2.79 driver on Windows 10 x64 1511.
I'm using a optical cable to connect laptop to my home theather which receives Dolby 5.1.
You must disable driver signature enforcement and also sign the modified file using DSEO 1.3b.

rxracer, did you go to the Advanced tab in the device properties through Windows? They won't appear in the default format in the "Audio Manager." Mentioned this several times.

DMTwo, I never got DSEO signing to work, so all I needed was the registry edit to not have to disable Driver Signature Enforcement. But luckily I don't use Netflix (yet) because that registry edit frickin' breaks Netflix audio.

System Name MSI GT60-0NC-004US
Processor i7 3610QM
Motherboard 16F3
Cooling Cooler Boost 2
Memory 16GB DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Clevo GTX 980M 8GB
Storage Samsung 850 PRO 256GB + WD Scorpio Black 7200rpm 750GB
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Delta 180W (19V)
Mouse Rapoo 3900
Keyboard Steelseries
Software Windows 10 x64 Build 1511
rxracer, did you go to the Advanced tab in the device properties through Windows? They won't appear in the default format in the "Audio Manager." Mentioned this several times.

DMTwo, I never got DSEO signing to work, so all I needed was the registry edit to not have to disable Driver Signature Enforcement. But luckily I don't use Netflix (yet) because that registry edit frickin' breaks Netflix audio.
Hi Jgr9!
I have to use the DSEO to sign a PS3 Navigation controller driver, I don't like the MotionInJoy driver, so I found a DirectInput driver to this PS3 controller that works by Bluetooth or USB, but it hasn't the signature.

The trick to get it signed by DSEO it's to sign twice, one with driver signature disabled (advanced boot, option F7) and one again right after the next regular boot, when you restart again the driver will work perfectly.

Hmm... ok... :ohwell:

lol The "official" MotionInJoy doesn't work anymore anyways, last time I checked. :rolleyes:

*DOODOOdoodoo...* Oh baby, Slow Ring finally just got a new build for Windows 10.... Here we go... Please work....

Well.... As I suspected, I can confirm that they did break it again in 14295... Failed to play test tone. Faaantastic. And I fear that there's a chance that we might not get this fixed again soon now that John's gone... Maybe it'll work again for the actual Redstone 1 release like it did for Threshold 2? Idk..... God I'm so tired of dealing with this after 2 years... :banghead:

rxracer

rxracer, did you go to the Advanced tab in the device properties through Windows? They won't appear in the default format in the "Audio Manager." Mentioned this several times..

Yup, "do get them in the advanced>default format list". Been in IT for 15 odd years. Not my first stubborn pc fix. Wish it was my last :banghead:. That gives me hope. As in everything appears fine, but then the failed tone and playback errors. Maybe it's DSE, so I'm gonna try DMTwo's addition - disable DSE and signing - before I do a clean install. Failing that there's the cheap card. The idea of having to rip out the M/B, sell it, buy a new one, install it. Nup.

Missed your last post. So does this fix come and go depending on build? Cos the fresh OS I mentioned was gonna be 14295. I'm on 14291 atm, but I'm happy to go back to any confirmed working build. I'll go to threshold. What was the last?

God I wish I hadn't fried my old board. It was old... first gen i7860, but it still handled all I needed and once the first win 10 with DDL/DTS came out I never had a single issue with further builds.

Last edited:
Ok, so you're beyond TH2 then. ? Yeah, it was fixed just as Threshold 2 (TH2) fully launched.... It's now broken (or... perhaps still broken) in Redstone 1 (rs1).

What an annoying ride this is...

rxracer

ahhhh ok.... so I had a Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P (ALC889). DDL/DTS OOTB ever since win10 had it, all the way until now. 14291. That's messed up, the older chip worked. Grrrrr!. So try going back to 10586?

You're gonna have to do a full re-install to do so... but that's where it worked.

rxracer

You're gonna have to do a full re-install to do so... but that's where it worked.

Yeah... I think I'll dual boot it for now. Make sure it works there. What's the latest redstone build where the unlock fix worked?

It didn't as far as I heard.

It's like they had it fixed for the final TH2 launch branch, but for some developer reason unknown to me, the fix is not in the preview branches (until the preview branch reaches launch). But I can't confirm what's going on and I don't know. Hell, maybe it'll still be broken for Redstone 1's launch...

rxracer

Oh, so no Redstone build works? So why you do think my ALC889 was fine? Had no trouble. Install windows, there they were in the realtek manager. Or are we specifically talking ALC1150?

Last edited:

genuine3000

Hi,
I'm here again I did not follow the evolution but the problem is back again with windows 10 build 14295.
I don't know if someone found a solution for that but for the moment I did a rollback.

Oh, so no Redstone build works? So why you do think my ALC889 was fine? Had no trouble. Install windows, there they were in the realtek manager. Or are we specifically talking ALC1150?

So you did have one working with a redstone build?

Sounds like people had different success with different ALC###s, but I can't confirm for myself.

rxracer

So you did have one working with a redstone build?

Sounds like people had different success with different ALC###s, but I can't confirm for myself.

Yup, that's why this is so irritating. It was an 'old' first gen i7, Gigabyte m/b with ALC889 Realtek. I had it decently overclocked and benched at 75% of a stock 6700k, which was absolutely fine for my needs. As soon as the first Win10 build came out with DDL/DTS support I had zero issues from then on. No need for any fix or workaround. So consider it confirmed, as I've been an insider and used every build almost since the beginning. Frying the M/B is the only reason I'm Ieft here. As wonderful as your company is :lovetpu:......

Last edited:
Sigh well....

Were you using drivers from Gigabyte, Realtek, or MS? Did the Gigabyte motherboard officially support it without a modded driver?

Because honestly, if this goes farther and they break/block what we've got left for modded drivers, we're out of luck because the creators are gone....

rxracer

Always used the Realtek site drivers. It was a long time ago but I'm pretty sure Gigabyte didn't provide any branded drivers either. Just the Realtek ones. I just did a quick search and it looks like I just got lucky. http://techreport.com/review/17598/a-look-at-asus-p7p55d-and-gigabyte-ga-p55-ud4p-motherboards/2.

"have to give Gigabyte props for using Realtek's ALC889A codec. It's the only codec that can do on-the-fly Dolby Digital Live encoding". Another quote "MSI skimped out on the ALC889A's optional real-time DDL encoding feature". DTS was never an issue either.

An oldie but a goodie..... very sad :(. I've pretty much decided to just grab the sound card I found on ebay. I mean it's $30AU. It was a semi-expensive card at the time, even though the analog craps out after a year or 2. like I said before, we just need the DDL/DTS connect. All reviews say that keeps on working fine. Surely the time I've spent trying to sort this already exceeds $30AU. Can't imagine the value of your time spent. I'll get 2 and post you one. Make a bulk buy of em :).

Last edited: