• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

US Senate Holds Hearings on Great Firewall Of America

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
thankfully both my congressman and senator do not support this bill. also, the man i support for president also does not support this massive intrusion and power grab by our entirely too large federal government.

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
Well I hope people like looking down the barrel of a sniper rifle.. This brings me one step closer to condoning all out civil war.

It's not time yet, D007. Stand down.
If you need a break come to rural WI and visit. I'll be happy to restore your faith in our ability to retain our freedom. ;)

In the US we are free because we have guns. A lot of guns. It's that simple.
WI just enacted a terrific concealed carry law so that law abiliding citizens are on an equal playing field with the criminals who do not care about laws.

When enough people get pissed off enough at the politicians, they will be gone (voted out).
In the mean time, we watch.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
Luckily, none of my Congressmen support SOPA. Even CNN ran on the ticker that "tech giants" are angry about SOPA.

Processor i7 920
Motherboard EVGA X58
Cooling eight 120mm fans, Swiftech GTZ cpu block, 3 120mm radiator, MCP655 pump, primochill tubing
Memory 6 gig G-Skill DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) GTX 285's (SLI)
Storage 500GB Western Digital
Display(s) 3 Asus 23 in inchers
Case Lian Li A77B
Audio Device(s) on board 7.1
Power Supply Corsair 1000
Software win 7 64
this is fucking crazy.

Shame on america.

I just watched a commercial about "clean coal".

Double shame on america, where does or how does coal even become clean, and why the fuck is everything twisting so badly in the states.

I'm moving soon. :shadedshu
it is a tragic comedy...you should watch Gasland....The "Natural gas" campaign is yet another of the great shams being done right before our wide open eyes...clean energy my ass...Aint nuttin clean 'bout fraking(hydraulic fracturing)...Take that and throw this blatant undermining of our privacy and the money woes we already have all together and we have a nice tasty poop pie....get your forks ready folks we got alot to eat....:wtf:

Fx

Processor Ryzen 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Noctua
Memory G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB DDR4 3466
Video Card(s) EVGA 980ti FTW
Storage (OS)Samsung 950 Pro (512GB), (Data) WD Reds
Display(s) 24" Dell UltraSharp U2412M
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser GAME ONE
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 650 P2
Mouse Mionix Castor
Keyboard Deck Hassium Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
I think if I post what I really wanna post I'd be visited by the FBI....

So I'll just say that if this passes and becomes Law and The Supreme Court upholds it then.....I can't post that either hmmm...Seems they may have already started censoring since if I do post what I want I'd likely go to jail...

So let me put it like this...
People
Streets
Guns
Rich
Death
Destruction
Congress
Senate
End
NEW Government

I know man- its crazy shit. its just down the road...

System Name RyZen FX
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling DeepCool AK400 Zero Dark Plus
Memory Corsair CMK32GX4M2E3200C16 X2 32gig dual channel
Video Card(s) ASUS RX 7700XT TUF OC
Storage x2 Lexar SSD NM710 2TB 2XSeagate 1Terrabyte 1x Seagate 2 Terrabyte
Display(s) 40 Inch Samsung HDTV (monitor)
Case HAF-X:)
Audio Device(s) AMD/HDMI to Onkyo HT-R508 Receiver
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Power Supply
Software Windows 10 Pro X64
The coal is processed to have lower emissions and then the power plant itself has exhaust scrubbers which further reduce emissions.

You know i always think about The movie Coal Miners Daughter And how her dad died from Black Lung Disease.How is that clean when the work force is in danger?This bill is good,You kids get away with the Netflix,Movie downloads,Games,Music for far to long ,If it was not for the medium we all use at one point this bill would not be around.Look at the London riots in August-Sept,They blamed Blackberry.Look at BlockBuster ,You guys don't think that the movie industry is hurting from no rental fees ?Up here they are passing a bill with the CRTC (candas laws for TV media)That will allow cable companies the right to charge more (They say $3 more for every gig your over then a tax fee on that)Lets.. Say I download my 60 gig fine it is going to cost me $58 a month but with the new law that (based this off last months 74 gig) So that would be 3x14=42 So add to my $58+$42=$100 + my 134 for cable tv = $234 a month ,That is not including the On demand which is to go to $7.99 for SD and the HD ppv will be $12.99 So I was spending $13-$14 for blu ray rentals...which is cheaper? Paying all that to download and get fuxed in the butt later ? This bill will stop the nonsense.Also help keep the bad internet folk Like that dud in Norway ....Also if the movie entertainment industry was making the money they have been loosing,Don`t you think the would support the Internet and economy more?The more they make ,the more jobs we get ....it is a cycle.Not these site were you kids download it for free ,then the rental stores go under ,then the unemployment goes up wonder why ? Then the price of living ......

v12dock

Block Caption of Rainey Street
Supporter
IL is full of the most corrupt politician, and sadly one of them supports the bill.

How will the firewall be implemented, does all US traffic get filtered though one firewall or do individual ISPs have to implement there own. If so I don't think many would be on board.

Also think about the number of attack that would happen to said firewall... Technically it really seems impossible to keep it running properly

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 7600
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE
Memory Kingston Fury Beast DDR5-5600 16GBx2
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT 16GB
Storage TEAMGROUP T-Force Z440 2TB, SPower A60 2TB, SPower A55 2TB, Seagate 4TBx2, Samsung 870 2TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 + Xitrix WFP-2415
Case Montech Air X
Audio Device(s) Realtek onboard
Power Supply Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 FM 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G304
Keyboard Redragon K557 KAIA RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 10
thankfully both my congressman and senator do not support this bill. also, the man i support for president also does not support this massive intrusion and power grab by our entirely too large federal government.

Ron Paul?

System Name Aluminum Mallard
Processor Ryzen 1900x
Motherboard AsRock Phantom 6
Cooling AIO
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) EVGA 3080Ti FTW
Storage SSD
Display(s) Benq Zowie
Case Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair CX750
VR HMD HTV Vive, Valve Index
Software Arch Linux
Benchmark Scores 31 FPS in Dalaran
How will the firewall be implemented, does all US traffic get filtered though one firewall or do individual ISPs have to implement there own. If so I don't think many would be on board.

I don't think they'd have a choice whether to be on board or not.

Fx

Processor Ryzen 2600x
Cooling Noctua
Mouse Mionix Castor
No confidence = what? Impeachment then more bad politicians get into office?

Things are rotten at the core. Cutting off the ends won't solve it.

bingo.

the thing is you don't get to decide who is destroying the country and who isn't. that is why we vote. the people decide as a group. unfortunately we live in a country of fat people who watch american idol.

yep, it is pathetic. how the hell are you supposed to wake people up to care about truth?

thats right- they dont want to know... just show them the red carpet and kardashians and they are happy...

I am surrounded by morons...

Last edited:
System Name Vegnagun
Processor Ryzen 5950x
Motherboard Asus B550 Gaming-E
Cooling Noctua NH-U14
Memory 4x8 G. Skill 3800mhz CL14
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
Storage WD SN850 2tb
Display(s) Viotek 1080p 120hz
Case Fractal Design Define 7
Power Supply Corsair AX850
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech 815 tactile
Software Windows 10 Education
Benchmark Scores top 1% in the world for weekly score in Killzone 2 :)
It's not time yet, D007. Stand down.
If you need a break come to rural WI and visit. I'll be happy to restore your faith in our ability to retain our freedom. ;)

WI just enacted a terrific concealed carry law so that law abiliding citizens are on an equal playing field with the criminals who do not care about laws.

When enough people get pissed off enough at the politicians, they will be gone (voted out).
In the mean time, we watch.

Gunz like this?!?!?!

If I lived close to WI I'd say we should go shoot sometime. But that's about a 400-500 mile drive depending where you are in the cheese state haha

Processor Ryzen 1900x
Cooling AIO
Memory 32GB
Storage SSD
Display(s) Benq Zowie
Case Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) On Board
Software Arch Linux
Why is it when I read something that the government is considering that it doesn't take long for people to bring up guns and revolution? It's an IP bill, one that I strongly disagree with, but it's not worth shooting people over.

If you're going to threaten revolution, do it over something worthwhile, like the government actually setting aside the Constitution and adopting something else as the law of the land. Instead, how about you talk to your friends and co-workers about this bill and encourage them to vote in the next election and exercise their Rights as Americans? That's a trigger I'd rather pull.

Occupy a Voting Booth. Absentee Ballots are also a super easy option that the fatties can use to vote these people out of office.

Well ... people like revolution because it's a show. And show is entertaining for everyone.
They have to understand that revolution doesn't necessarily require guns braindead crowds and explosions. It can be as silent as a mouse. Know your rights, educate yourself, help others and just be a good guy / gal. If only people thought not only about their own welfare the world wouldn't be in deep ass, where only power and money matter and nothing more.

I digress but I just thought about Deus Ex now. When JC found out that corporation invented the Gray Death and infected the entire population.

System Name desktop | Odroid N2+ |
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Amlogic S922X |
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M DS3H |Odroid N2+ |
Cooling Inter-Tech Argus SU-200, 3x Arctic P12 case fans | stock heatsink + fan |
Memory Gskill Aegis DDR4 32GB | 4 GB DDR4 |
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 (8GB) | Arm Mali G52 |
Storage SK Hynix SSD 240GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1T | Samsung 850 Evo 500GB |
Display(s) AOC G2260VWQ6 | LG 24MT57D |
Case Asus Prime 201 | Stock case (black version) |
Audio Device(s) integrated
Power Supply BeQuiet! Pure Power 11 400W | 12v barrel jack |
Mouse Logitech G500 |Steelseries Rival 300
Keyboard Qpad MK-50 (Cherry MX brown)| Blaze Keyboard
Software Windows 10, Various Linux distros | Gentoo Linux

Guns turned the Americans into slaves of their overlords, i.e. the US Federal government and the weapon industry. Especially the latter answers the question "Who shall benefit?", as Markus Tullius "Cicero" would have asked if he had lived in this time period.

In the 1860s it lead to tenthousands dying or getting crippled in the Civil War, because grabbing muskets and Minié bullets seemed easier than letting the Congress do it's duty and actually create solutions to the political issues of the time. The rich made war, the poor and common men died.
In September 2001, the US Government became trolled, leading to innocent people dying (T towers related deaths). To make things worse, the governments of the US-of-A and Europe decided to feed the troll which led to even more deaths. The troll and trolled made war, the common and poor men (and women and children) died. Lured into the "join the legions, see the world" trap that used the Americans' gun fetish to lure men and women into the meat grinder that a soldier's life is.

Fx

Processor Ryzen 2600x
Cooling Noctua
Mouse Mionix Castor
If you're going to threaten revolution, do it over something worthwhile, like the government actually setting aside the Constitution and adopting something else as the law of the land..

the government is setting aside the Consitution... they are making their own rules as needed and dismiss current laws when it is an inconvenience to them

Guns turned the Americans into slaves of their overlords, i.e. the US Federal government and the weapon industry. Especially the latter answers the question "Who shall benefit?", as Markus Tullius "Cicero" would have asked if he had lived in this time period.

In the 1860s it lead to tenthousands dying or getting crippled in the Civil War, because grabbing muskets and Minié bullets seemed easier than letting the Congress do it's duty and actually create solutions to the political issues of the time. The rich made war, the poor and common men died.
In September 2001, the US Government became trolled, leading to innocent people dying (T towers related deaths). To make things worse, the governments of the US-of-A and Europe decided to feed the troll which led to even more deaths. The troll and trolled made war, the common and poor men (and women and children) died. Lured into the "join the legions, see the world" trap that used the Americans' gun fetish to lure men and women into the meat grinder that a soldier's life is.

no.

you are getting the fundamentals of guns twisted

if guns werent important- our founding fathers wouldnt have placed them as our 2nd Ammendment in the United States Constitution

Cooling Inter-Tech Argus SU-200, 3x Arctic P12 case fans | stock heatsink + fan |
Storage SK Hynix SSD 240GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1T | Samsung 850 Evo 500GB |
That Amendment was written down in official docs, when the "Founding Fathers" were still fighting the British, French, Indians and whatnot, AFAIK. Different time frame, isn't it?

Processor Ryzen 1900x
Cooling AIO
Memory 32GB
Storage SSD
Display(s) Benq Zowie
Case Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) On Board
Software Arch Linux
Time frame doesn't matter. Otherwise we'd only be able to have free speech in forms that existed in the 19th century. The Constitution is the binding law of the land and the founding fathers had to have known there would be an advance in technology when they wrote it.

Fx

Processor Ryzen 2600x
Cooling Noctua
Mouse Mionix Castor
thats right- history repeats itself

times may change but ill-intent & corruption never does...

Processor Ryzen 1900x
Cooling AIO
Memory 32GB
Storage SSD
Display(s) Benq Zowie
Case Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) On Board
Software Arch Linux

Private firearm ownership gave birth to a nation. It was the citizens of the 13 colonies that fought the British Empire, along with the French fleet that won America its independence from the crown. This is the very reason that gun ownership is the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution.

Congress tried and failed to come to a conclusion that would avert the Civil War. The reason there was a war in the first place was because several States seceeded from the Union. Abraham Lincoln could not let the country be split, so war was delcared. The States seceeded because of the perception that the federal government was overstepping its bounds.

I don't know how you could call the terrorist attacks of September 11th trolling, which is pretty much what I think your post is.

In my humble, biased, American opionion, wars have become far too political. When we wage war, it should be fought with the full might of our military. We go in, blow all your shit up until you surrender and then we pull out and let you pick up the pieces. No nation building needed. If you go back to doing what it was you were doing in the first place that caused us to go to war, we come back, blow your shit up and pull out again.

Our military is compromised of volunteers. People who volunteered for the job, whatever their motives may be. They are very good at their jobs, when allowed to perform to the best of their abilities. Afghanistan and Iraq would have been over in months if the military were allowed to topple the regimes and pull out.

Also, I own several firearms. Including the evil ones the gun grabbers want to ban for no reason more than they look exactly like the weapons the military uses. I'm a gun loving American. I just don't like it when people say stupid stuff that makes every gun loving American look bat-shit crazy.

But this all is way off topic. Protecting the intellectual property of corporations is no reason to get violent. Your vote is your weapon, use it wisely.

System Name Blue Monolith (working on name)
Processor AMD Phenom II 1090T... on H2O
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD7
Cooling EK-Supreme with 2 radiators for the moment ~ 22 celsius
Memory Kingston HyperX 2x2GB DDR3 1600mhz 8-8-8-24 KHX1600C8D3K2
Video Card(s) hd 6870 Sapphire 1GB
Storage 8x 500GB Seagate Barracuda on LSI controller
Display(s) Samsung 206BW
Case Aplus Black Pearl WCR with water cooling mounts :)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-FI Platinum Fatal1ty Champion
Power Supply Gigabyte ODIN GT-800 (that with software)
Software Windows 7 Ultimate
Benchmark Scores WORKING IN PROGRESS P10464 in VANTAGE(this is the old score)
nice...

after Act A and this...

welcome to promise land.... welcome to a big open jail :) USA...

so were will be the liberty of the free information... how free will be this free information... :) if this will be filtered :D

also this will limit and control the links between the people.

So if this will be done... any information that is not noted like "OK for the people to read" will be like it's not exist because the US say so... even this will be real :)

I don't know how you could call the terrorist attacks of September 11th trolling, which is pretty much what I think your post is.

No offence intended (maybe I did not pick my words that well in my previous post), but the terrorists goal was to let America react exactly the way it did. Good for the extremists' ideology (--> propaganda, I bet they use the western invasion for their recruiting).
I hugely respect the soldiers' will to go there and risk their lives and good health to try to improve the situation. The problem is however that it changes generally in the opposite way: it makes it worse. Let the Middle East solve it's own problems, stay away from it as much as you can.

In my humble, biased, American opionion, wars have become far too political. When we wage war, it should be fought with the full might of our military. We go in, blow all your shit up until you surrender and then we pull out and let you pick up the pieces. No nation building needed. If you go back to doing what it was you were doing in the first place that caused us to go to war, we come back, blow your shit up and pull out again.
Wars have always been a matter of politics.
Especially the one in Afghanistan, the Taliban has been steady on it's "throne" mainly because it saw an opportunity to seize power during a period of severe anarchy in the country. How on earth can you think that one can do without nation building, if your enemy abused a power vacuum in the region? You need to "normalise" its society if you wish to solve the problem. And doing a Vietnam-style "lets blow everyone and everything up" is doing no good either, because the bad (media) attention and the negative public opinion, plus the opportunity for the enemy's Anti-American propaganda creation will make it impossible to make it an easy victory. And additionally it's just wrong, and I bet you know that too.

Processor Ryzen 1900x
Cooling AIO
Memory 32GB
Storage SSD
Display(s) Benq Zowie
Case Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) On Board
Software Arch Linux
Reread the last line of the last quote from my post again.

Again, our discussion is way off topic for TPU and even this post. If you want to argue the point, start a thread at generalnonsense.net and I'll be happy to discuss it further.

System Name Nexus PC
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3, 3600 MHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H97-HD3
Cooling Thermalright Macho V2
Memory 24GB DDR3, 1400MHZ CL8
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon R9 290
Storage Samsung EVO 960 250gb, EVO 850 250gb, Vertex 3 128gb. 2 TB of Rotational.
Display(s) 1xAsus MX299, 2x Asus MX239, Oculus Rift CV1
Case Sunflower Tower
Audio Device(s) C-Media CMI8738/C3DX
Power Supply Corsair TX850
Mouse Cyborg R.A.T. 7
Software Win7 64Bit Ultimate
oh well... in about one year, we will see.. there will be just utter damnation, or planetary enlightenment then.

D

Deleted member 67555

Why is it when I read something that the government is considering that it doesn't take long for people to bring up guns and revolution? It's an IP bill, one that I strongly disagree with, but it's not worth shooting people over.

If you're going to threaten revolution, do it over something worthwhile, like the government actually setting aside the Constitution and adopting something else as the law of the land. Instead, how about you talk to your friends and co-workers about this bill and encourage them to vote in the next election and exercise their Rights as Americans? That's a trigger I'd rather pull.

Occupy a Voting Booth. Absentee Ballots are also a super easy option that the fatties can use to vote these people out of office.

I absolutely hear what you are saying and I see people Voting in Record numbers Election after Election only to have shit like this that nobody wants come up again and again..

It doesn't seem to matter who or what you vote for.....It sucks ass...
The Corps run everything.....we no longer have a Govt of the people for the people....We have a Govt of the Corps for the Money....

Reactions: Fx