• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

vesa refresh rate

tokra128

well, I have a x800 GTO a from gecube (r430 chipset core) (on agp bus, with 128 mb ram), I was hopping that this card will work witx x86 OSX, with qe and cl enabled (full mac acceleration), but it seems that it is not working..... bad for me -think that I have give up to a 6800 GV-N68128DH from gigabyte - for this card, but, from what I have read in other forums, it is possible at least to increase the refresh mode for vesa by modify the bios. At this point i use my card at 1280x1024 at 60 hz. I want to change this to 1280x1024 at 75 or 85 hz (I repeat, I speak about vesa refresh rate). My monitor support this refresh rate, so I ask, how to do that ?

If it is possible, please, I need an advice, it is for the first thime when I have a ati card, and I have no ideea from where to start . What utiliy do I need, what steps I have to perform, etc. What is strage, is the wiky for osx x86 it is say that x800 is supported on most of the part, but not for maybe a bios from other videocards , any sugestion, etc ?

Ps. Sorry for my english, and I hope to receive a reply.

Tanks !

tokra128

well, I come again. I have found a bios editor that make what I want, and by thet i mean modifying the vesa refresh rate to 75 hz. It is caLL ATI BIOS Editor by Alex Yakovlev, but, I have a x800 gto a from gecube, and when I try to load the bios in this tool - the bios was dumped with ati tool, it is complay about incompatible bios... so another bios editor that have that feature ... please ? or another bios to flash my card ? any sugestion (it is a r430 core, on agp with 128 mb ddr) ... Tanks

tokra128

again me. radedit it is the program that I want, but it is not working with my card ... any sugestion ...?

peta01

Processor AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice (OC 2500 MHz)
Motherboard Abit AN8 Ultra - passive northbridge cooling via heatpipe
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 48 (almost 1 kg of copper :) )
Memory 1GB RAM (2x512 DDR, CL2, running at 137 MHz)
Video Card(s) Sapphire X800GTO2 (510/585, 16p) AC ATI Silencer
Storage 320 GB Seagate, 200 GB Western Digital, 120 GB Seagate
Display(s) LG 22" LCD Panel
Case Chieftec blue bigtower with additional cooling
Audio Device(s) AC97 raiser card on mainboard
Power Supply Chieftec 360W
Software WinXP SP2, sometimes Vista Ultimate x64
tokra128 said:
well, I have a x800 GTO a from gecube (r430 chipset core) (on agp bus, with 128 mb ram), I was hopping that this card will work witx x86 OSX, with qe and cl enabled (full mac acceleration), but it seems that it is not working..... bad for me -think that I have give up to a 6800 GV-N68128DH from gigabyte - for this card, but, from what I have read in other forums, it is possible at least to increase the refresh mode for vesa by modify the bios. At this point i use my card at 1280x1024 at 60 hz. I want to change this to 1280x1024 at 75 or 85 hz (I repeat, I speak about vesa refresh rate). My monitor support this refresh rate, so I ask, how to do that ?

If it is possible, please, I need an advice, it is for the first thime when I have a ati card, and I have no ideea from where to start . What utiliy do I need, what steps I have to perform, etc. What is strage, is the wiky for osx x86 it is say that x800 is supported on most of the part, but not for maybe a bios from other videocards , any sugestion, etc ?

Ps. Sorry for my english, and I hope to receive a reply.

Tanks !

In your case it was not a good idea to buy ATI card. ATI cards are best fow MS Windows and X86 platforms. Any other use needs a lot of work.

tokra128

well, is not a lost, all i have to do is to change that annoing refresh rate.... radedit make that stuff for 9800 cards, but from what I see, no way to make-it work with mi bios .... I still hope that I will find help .... maybe