• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Vista SP1 Problems and solutions

System Name Meshify C Ryzen 2019
Processor AMD Ryzen 3900X
Motherboard X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism LED Cooler
Memory 32GB DDR4 ( F4-3200C16D-32GTZKW, 16-16-16-36 @ 3200Mhz )
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX6800 ( 2400Mhz/2150Mhz )
Storage Samsung Evo 960
Display(s) Pixio PX275h
Case Fractal Design Meshify C – Dark TG
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser GSP 300 ( Headset )
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series 650W
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G 15
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
I think it can be usefull to many TPU visitors if there was a thread, filled with Vista SP1 problems and solutions. It's not only intresting for people who encounter a simular or the same problem but it's also usefull for technicians who need to help out Vista users every day. I recommend a subscription to this thread.

This thread is not the place to be to ask for solutions, it's the place to be to share and overview problems that already got fixed.
Remember, only Vista SP1 problems and solutions!

I suggest to use this simpel layout:

HTML:
[B]1. Vista Version:[/B]

[B]2. Problem I was having:[/B]

[B]3. How I fixed it:[/B]

[B]4. Additional information that might be usefull to some people:[/B]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will start:

1. Vista Version:
Vista Ultimate X64

2. Problem I was having:
I wasn't able to install Vista Service pack 1. The SP1 installer displayed a message saying that my OS language was not compatible with one of the languages that were included in the SP1 installer.

3. How I fixed it:
In the past I installed a Vista langauge pack. This language pack wasn't active when I tried to install Vista SP1 but it WAS the reason why SP1 wouldn't install. I uninstalled the Dutch language pack and after that I was able to install SP1 just fine.

4. Additional information that might be usefull to some people:
I read on a Microsoft developper blog that the language packs will be re-released at the time or some time after the other SP1 waves because the old language packs are not 100% compatible with SP1. There are ways to install and use the old language packs on SP1 but it's best to wait for an official release.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another one:

1. Vista Version:
Vista Ultimate X64 SP1

2. Problem I was having:
Audio didn't work after SP1 installation on my Acer Travelmate 5720 laptop. The device manager didn't show anything abnormal and I was still able to acces the driver settings.

3. How I fixed it:
Uninstalled audio driver via device manager. Downloaded SP1 compatible driver from Acer website. Installed the new driver, rebooted computer and audio worked once again.

4. Additional information that might be usefull to some people:
Downloading from Acer.com is a nightmare. If you get 56k download speed you should consider yourself very lucky.