• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

VR is amazing and it is here to stay! See elders react to HTC Vive!

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
Price point is to high for its chance to go Mainstream
it needs to be sub $100/£100/euro100 and flogged by the tat market of wallmart/asda tesco just like VHS and DVD

Am I the only one who can't stand these "react" videos?
Nope, ever since "the internet 2.0" I've been appalled by the tripe people have shoved onto it. I stayed at home glued to my 21 inch CRT to get AWAY from hipster, douchenozzle, jock, poppy, emo, techno homeboys. Now I need a freaking content blocker to keep my mind and vision free from their low-brow idiocy.

People posting endless "react", "top ten" and "prank" videos will be first against the wall when the revolution comes. The people who "liked", "upvoted" and "retweeted" them will be second.

/endrant

dorsetknob

People posting endless "react", "top ten" and "prank" videos will be first against the wall when the revolution comes. The people who "liked", "upvoted" and "retweeted" them will be second.

Such a calm person and such a " Different against the Wall list "
None of the usual Lawyers/ politicians Capitalist They are ALWAYS 1ST against the WALL

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
Price point is to high for its chance to go Mainstream
it needs to be sub $100/£100/euro100 and flogged by the tat market of wallmart/asda tesco just like VHS and DVD
When DVD players first came out they had a huge price tag and to be fair to VR, many back then said that DVD was not accessible to all but within a couple of years it was, initial prices are only justified by the amount of research and development that goes into get stuff like this on the shelves, once things settle and manufacturers decide they have a piece of that R&D back they will then see it's better to sell a million units at $100 per unit profit rather than sell 5000 units at $500 things will settle, may take a while though!

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
None of the usual Lawyers/ politicians Capitalist They are ALWAYS 1ST against the WALL

They already started doing that in Turkey, so I guess you're right bud :)

System Name Raptor Lake
Processor 13900KF
Motherboard Rog Strix Z790-E Gaming Wifi
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory 32GB DDR5
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 ti Suprim X
Storage Samsung 970 Pro SSD(512) NVMe + 850 evo ssd (500) WD 2GB NVME pcie4
Display(s) Samsung Neo 32inch curved 240hz
Case THERMALTAKE CORE X2
Audio Device(s) Rotel 1572 mk ii
Power Supply 1000W
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Steel Series Apex Pro
Software windows 11Pro x64
Full room VR is the game changer, literally it will change the way games are played.

i had a DK2 and liked it but wanted more from it.

sold that on ebay for cost :) smart move.

Bought a vive in may and on the 4th i got it.. (use the force)

Full room VR is what i was missing this is what VR is about.

Oculus is sit and stand VR just like the older dk1 and dk2 supplied with a xbox controller. (great put off)

Now with the games\demo's it early stages.

This is going to be the future of gaming and also most probably for watching movies and the likes.

say what you want but i don't get any urge to play games on a monitor or tv anymore, i'm not using for movies though. I like my telly !

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
@xkm1948 stop beating the VR drum. We get it. You're an early adopter, and you like it. Just stop trying to tell us to like it and want it too. You really come across like you're on the payroll. Not saying you are, but it feels that way.

in the meantime, enjoy your VR! ☺

System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
It would be nice for HTC to pay me though. I wouldn't mind it at all. :D

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
I'm glad to see this tech come along.... I'll probably wait a couple more years before I get one and prices must come down a bit for that. If I had nothing better to do than spend money and game all day I'd probably get one now, but priorities.

It would be nice for HTC to pay me though. I wouldn't mind it at all. :D

Then that would make you a spammer :p.

System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
I'm glad to see this tech come along.... I'll probably wait a couple more years before I get one and prices must come down a bit for that. If I had nothing better to do than spend money and game all day I'd probably get one now, but priorities.

Naw I just really really wish a tech forum would be more, say enthusiastic about this new tech. After all it is a great branch off the GPU and Gaming. I know the early adopters have to shell out a lot for it but eventually this will take off. I would totally invite members to come to my house and try it if they live close to Illinois.

dorsetknob

Naw I just really really wish a tech forum would be more, say enthusiastic about this new tech. After all it is a great branch off the GPU and Gaming. I know the early adopters have to shell out a lot for it

That seems to be the main problem
Untill the Buy in Price comes down to a general population affordable price it will not gain the popularity and market penetration it needs to succeed.
I have no doubt that if it was generally more affordable Forum response ( and the General Population ) would be Better and more PRO VR

To buy in to the VR market requires at the moment More Disposable Income than what people are willing to waste/invest.
Times are still financially hard for loads of People

ps you don't have to be paid to be considered Spamming a service/product :)

System Name Space Station
Processor Intel 13700K
Motherboard ASRock Z790 PG Riptide
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory Corsair Vengeance 6400 2x16GB @ CL34
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Display(s) LG C3 OLED 42"
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V371
Power Supply SeaSonic Vertex 1200w Gold
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
Have you ever tried? Why so stubborn?

You're not going to convince the skeptics by trying to force feed it to them and pissing and moaning about their response to it. So far VR is mostly only supported by demo type stuff. There's very few full fledged games that are VR ready, and the entire concept is still a work in progress with everything from neck straining heavy headsets, to screen resolutions that are less than ideal and show their flaws. Then there's the high price point, and high GPU power required.

I mean jeez, just enjoy it yourself and let people think what they want. If they have to drag in a bunch of seniors that are doing stuff that's no more sophisticated (even less actually) than what the Wii offered, that isn't saying much. Especially when you look at where Nintendo is now. Wii and motion control for them is all but dead. VR as well could end up being a passing trend like the Nintendo nun chucks, and 3D TV. It's just too soon to tell yet, and people have a right to their opinion.

When you keep force feeding it to skeptics though, it only makes you look desperate.

Last edited by a moderator:

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 \Paradigm 7se MKII, Paradigm 5SE MK1 , Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
Wow, dirty mouths on some of them. :roll:

I think it's about time they got sued for it, if i game company posted a video rated M would get screwed, it's about time these people get screwed for the lack of warning on the content of their video's.

@xkm1948 stop beating the VR drum. We get it. You're an early adopter, and you like it. Just stop trying to tell us to like it and want it too. You really come across like you're on the payroll. Not saying you are, but it feels that way.

in the meantime, enjoy your VR! ☺

This!^

And this^

Priority, it's life. If you don't have them your either lucky young or ignorant.

Longer i wait the better the price will get and actually have games that i play support it.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
You're not going to convince the skeptics by trying to force feed it to them and pissing and moaning about their response to it. So far VR is mostly only supported by demo type stuff. There's very few full fledged games that are VR ready, and the entire concept is still a work in progress with everything from neck straining heavy headsets, to screen resolutions that are less than ideal and show their flaws. Then there's the high price point, and high GPU power required.

I mean jeez, just enjoy it yourself and let people think what they want. If they have to drag in a bunch of seniors that are doing stuff that's no more sophisticated (even less actually) than what the Wii offered, that isn't saying much. Especially when you look at where Nintendo is now. Wii and motion control for them is all but dead. VR as well could end up being a passing trend like the Nintendo nun chucks, and 3D TV. It's just to soon to tell yet, and people have a right to their opinion.

When you keep force feeding it to skeptics though, it only makes you look desperate.

So much this - look at Kinect, too. Or Eye Toy. None of these peripherals ever really caught on. People just want to sit on their ass and be lazy and enjoy entertainment. It's the same reason we're all still driving cars - even when there's really no reason to.

Although Duckhunt was fun.