• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

want to buy a new PC please help (india)

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
Oh okkkk... My landlords kid is playing skyrim on the pc right now hahahaa. I havent overclocked anything in the past. Does it damage the cpu or the gpu? View attachment 121828

If you screw with it too far then yes. BUT, on average people are seeing that your card overclocks very well with very little effort at all.

Best option is to overclock it shown in the second link:

The Zotac Gaming GeForce GTX 1660 comes in at the default clocks on core and memory (1785MHz Boost Core/8Gbps GDDR5) and held a typical boost clock of 1800-1850MHz depending on the game. We gave it a modest bump by +125MHz on the core and +250MHz to the memory taking the memory up to 8.5Gbps which is nice. But, after consulting with several other people who have these cards in hand to validate our final overclock and how achievable it would be we decided it was safe to roll with it. Settling in at a very nice +225MHz to the core keeping it around 2050MHz while gaming and an insane +999MHz to the memory resulting in an effective memory speed of 10Gbps on GDDR5 which is splitting the difference between it and the GeForce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6’s 12Gbps. The Micro memory used on the GeForce GTX 1660 seems to be exceptionally efficient and matured well. This boosts the memory bandwidth from 192GB/s to 240GB/s.

And then test it in benchmark like Heaven and then try Skyrim just to spot any issues (artifacts - black or white dots and other strange graphical anomalies). You can then scale back and try again.

run down through this site too if you are uncertain: https://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-overclock-your-graphics-card/

that image is great. Reminds me of the side room that was recently built at my inlaws house in Punjab. Good old cement!

System Name assembled
Processor i5 10400 2.90ghz
Motherboard asus tuf b460 plus
Cooling stock fan with 3 cabinet fans
Memory 16gb
Video Card(s) Inno3d nvidia geforce rtx 2060
Storage 1tb seagate hdd model st2000dm005, 512 ssd western digital
Display(s) LG
Case Deepcool matrexx 55 mesh
Power Supply Corsair
Keyboard Corsair k55
If you screw with it too far then yes. BUT, on average people are seeing that your card overclocks very well with very little effort at all.

Best option is to overclock it shown in the second link:

And then test it in benchmark like Heaven and then try Skyrim just to spot any issues (artifacts - black or white dots and other strange graphical anomalies). You can then scale back and try again.

run down through this site too if you are uncertain: https://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-overclock-your-graphics-card/

that image is great. Reminds me of the side room that was recently built at my inlaws house in Punjab. Good old cement!
What u r from india? Ohhh. Man my front audio jack isnt working. Rest ia all fine though. I dnt think i wud ever want to overclock it coz to hell with ultra settings lol.... I just want the fps first. I dont understand.... I have plugged in the hd audio cable to the motherboard from the front panel.why dsnt the feont audio work?

also please check this pic

is the temperature and all alright????

http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/19/04/28/k4r.png

http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/19/04/28/hjw.png

Last edited:
System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 11
What u r from india? Ohhh. Man my front audio jack isnt working. Rest ia all fine though. I dnt think i wud ever want to overclock it coz to hell with ultra settings lol.... I just want the fps first. I dont understand.... I have plugged in the hd audio cable to the motherboard from the front panel.why dsnt the feont audio work?

also please check this pic

is the temperature and all alright????

http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/19/04/28/k4r.png

http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/19/04/28/hjw.png

Not sure about front audio. You may have to re-check where on the motherboard you plugged it into.

As for temperatures, I cant seem to see the photos. Can you re-upload them on imgur?

Nah, I am not from India. Married an Indian woman though so I do travel there from time to time.

System Name assembled
Memory 16gb
Display(s) LG
Power Supply Corsair
Keyboard Corsair k55
Not sure about front audio. You may have to re-check where on the motherboard you plugged it into.

As for temperatures, I cant seem to see the photos. Can you re-upload them on imgur?

Nah, I am not from India. Married an Indian woman though so I do travel there from time to time.
Ohooo wow married an india woman? Hmmm i have checked the plugs will do it again. I will reupload the temps and stats tomo. Its midnight here so sleeptime... Have been adjhsting and gaming whole day

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 11
Ohooo wow married an india woman? Hmmm i have checked the plugs will do it again. I will reupload the temps and stats tomo. Its midnight here so sleeptime... Have been adjhsting and gaming whole day

yes, new computer thus addiction to playing games. When I rebuild my machine i spent entire weekends on it to point my wife and kids gave me heck about it.

As for mobo audio to front jacks, I am not sure but you may have to install drivers. I know its windows 10 but maybe default drivers may not work thus needing to install the audio drivers?

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
Oh wow..... Thanks friend. The pc is working i assembled it full... Only main hdd is on its way. Today the cpu cooler n thermal paste have arrived haha. Thank you very much for the help. It was impossible to do it without your help. Thank you to evryone in this forum. God bless you. View attachment 121780

Knew you could do it!
And I'd also figure once you got into doing it you discovered it wasn't as hard as it seems to do.

Good job of getting it done! :toast:

System Name assembled
Memory 16gb
Display(s) LG
Power Supply Corsair
Keyboard Corsair k55
Knew you could do it!
And I'd also figure once you got into doing it you discovered it wasn't as hard as it seems to do.

Good job of getting it done! :toast:
Thanku hurrayyyy

yes, new computer thus addiction to playing games. When I rebuild my machine i spent entire weekends on it to point my wife and kids gave me heck about it.

As for mobo audio to front jacks, I am not sure but you may have to install drivers. I know its windows 10 but maybe default drivers may not work thus needing to install the audio drivers?
I have actually chekes for ddivers and wires.... Theres on big plug for i guess jaud1 and there is ae other slim wires for poer led. Reset sw and blah blah... The front panel audi dsnt work. Thw front usbs
Ade re working though

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 11
Could be the case then. If you are dead certain that HD Audio cable for front audio ports are connected correctly on the motherboard, then chances are its no good. You can go ahead and remove everything and send the case back, or you can live without the front audio jacks (I never used them tbh).

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
... I have plugged in the hd audio cable to the motherboard from the front panel.why dsnt the feont audio work?
It may have to be enabled in the BIOS.

System Name assembled
Memory 16gb
Display(s) LG
Power Supply Corsair
Keyboard Corsair k55
It may have to be enabled in the BIOS.
i tried looking in bios but theres no front panel option. Only an hd audio controller. I havent tried opening the case just yet. Was dnling drivers and all but dsnt work. Thank u fr replying

Could be the case then. If you are dead certain that HD Audio cable for front audio ports are connected correctly on the motherboard, then chances are its no good. You can go ahead and remove everything and send the case back, or you can live without the front audio jacks (I never used them tbh).
Hmmm i am going home fr holidays and the pc will be with my frnd all the time. Lets see what can be sone about it. I feel very lazy to order a replacement now. With gods grace the pc is working great hahaha. Thanks. Btw the xpu and gpu temps while gaming are just around 40c

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
You bought a Corsair case, right? If that front IO is indeed just bad, you may be able to get a replacement for just that. They've done that for me over in the states. Support jumped right on sending it out.

In that case theyre pretty easy to replace. Like anything else theyre usually mounted with screws and the cables use hub connectors. So you could possibly yank out the old one and drop a replacement right in. Depends on how tucked away it is.

Something to consider looking into. May be easier said than done in India. That may be a simple way to avoid a lot of the hassle if youre lucky though.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
i tried looking in bios but theres no front panel option. Only an hd audio controller. I havent tried opening the case just yet. Was dnling drivers and all but dsnt work. Thank u fr replying

Hmmm i am going home fr holidays and the pc will be with my frnd all the time. Lets see what can be sone about it. I feel very lazy to order a replacement now. With gods grace the pc is working great hahaha. Thanks. Btw the xpu and gpu temps while gaming are just around 40c

Is all your front panel audio not working or just the audio OUT? You can try the mic input. If it works, then you know you have things connected right, and you can probably find an option in the audio drivers to 'flip' the input to an output. This could be an easy fix for you if you don't feel like sending in the case (and want your headphones connected to front audio).

Another option is using USB audio peripherals.

And... I will join the rest in saying congratulations on your first build! Well done, a first build with no big issues is a sign you are destined for greater things... big upgrades :D

PS. this topic has a high feel-good value to it. :lovetpu:

System Name assembled
Memory 16gb
Display(s) LG
Power Supply Corsair
Keyboard Corsair k55
Is all your front panel audio not working or just the audio OUT? You can try the mic input. If it works, then you know you have things connected right, and you can probably find an option in the audio drivers to 'flip' the input to an output. This could be an easy fix for you if you don't feel like sending in the case (and want your headphones connected to front audio).

Another option is using USB audio peripherals.

And... I will join the rest in saying congratulations on your first build! Well done, a first build with no big issues is a sign you are destined for greater things... big upgrades :D

PS. this topic has a high feel-good value to it. :lovetpu:
ohhh

thank you thank you

thats a good idea i will try that....thing is i am visiting my parents in another state. around 25 days i iwll be back and then ill try to check it. thanks a lot

You bought a Corsair case, right? If that front IO is indeed just bad, you may be able to get a replacement for just that. They've done that for me over in the states. Support jumped right on sending it out.

In that case theyre pretty easy to replace. Like anything else theyre usually mounted with screws and the cables use hub connectors. So you could possibly yank out the old one and drop a replacement right in. Depends on how tucked away it is.

Something to consider looking into. May be easier said than done in India. That may be a simple way to avoid a lot of the hassle if youre lucky though.
thanks for the reply man, i just dont want to take the risk to go for a replacement man, yes it is a risk in india hahahaahahahaha. i will just try to repair it myself lets see.