• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What are you playing?

System Name Merc v8
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670 Gaming X AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 with Arctic fans
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Flare X F5-6000
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3070 VENTUS 3X PLUS
Storage Solidigm P44 1TB, &2TB, Crucial MX500 2TB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 34GP950G-B
Case Caselabs Mercury S8
Audio Device(s) Some Schiit with Edifier S351DB
Power Supply Seasonic TX-750
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Epomaker TH80 SE (Silent Red switches)
Software W11Pro
<snip>

There's just no substitute for Tanya. Many have tried, none have succeeded. :)

There's always FTL; I don't know if that would be your thing or not (or maybe you've already played it)?
<snip>
Tanya, Flint, Yuri, and Anatoly (cause Tim Curry) :rockout:

FTL? Yes, I have that one in my list..holy f, 12 years already?

System Name KLM
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard B-650E-E Strix
Cooling Arctic Cooling III 280
Memory 16x2 Fury Renegade 6000-32
Video Card(s) 4070-ti PNY
Storage 512+512+1+2+2+2+2+6+500+256+4+4+4
Display(s) VA 32" 4K@60 - OLED 27" 2K@240
Case 4000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Edifier 1280Ts
Power Supply Shift 1000
Mouse 502 Hero
Keyboard K68
Software EMDB
Benchmark Scores 0>1000
True that, sir.

FWIW, drop what you're doing and go play Journey. Just do it. Given your 2013 GOTY, you owe it to yourself to go through it. They're a beautiful duet.

Journey is one of those things I place on my shelf next to Sayonara Wild Hearts as transcendent medium-defining experiences, yet neither take much time to understand why we're so lucky to have those creators.

Man reminisces for a while about the last decade or so; respects someone whom thought to add Brothers to that list.

There are just so many it would be wonderful if more people had the chance (or patience?) to experience: Her Story, Pentiment...

There's just no substitute for Tanya. Many have tried, none have succeeded. :)

There's always FTL; I don't know if that would be your thing or not (or maybe you've already played it)?

Curious if you end up enjoying WAU; could end up having some cultural staying-power (given the sequel/dev story) in the long run, so may be worth finishing if you want to be an OG. :)
I haven't played it myself, but I know that many enjoyed it a great deal. Also, many did not enjoy it. It's always interesting to hear a new take and have greater context to peoples' feelings about it.

_____
Well, until now i paused, it's good, but frustrating, i can't have enough time to choose my own though (i'm French, on top od minigame fastness), and game defaults to default one automatically, that's the problem (sort of too fast constant minigame).
D4 (Dark Dreams Don't Die), i finished in one playraw, and i will never see a second chapter developped !.. i'm doomed.
I loved TR13 and Rise; I appreciate Crystal D a great amount. The third one was not great imho, don't think it was Eidos forte' imho, but I'm super-pumped for the upcoming next UE5 CD game.

There was something special about playing TR13 maxed out on a PC (Nixxes port before they got bought), especially before (stuff happened we don't need to talk about) and it came to consoles.

Also plus points for The Descent (okay, okay, probably Apocalypse Now/Heart of Darkness) reference in that OG game.

I'm sure the new one will be quite the looker for those with a powerful PC. Hopefully they find another group as talented as Nixxes or Bluepoint (which Sony bought both) to work on it, if need-be.

_____
TR13 was a good experience, but i discovered it's a lot killing humans, since i knew TR the first when it became popular, never played tho, i think they should have a lot more kept the savage nature as main danger.
Rise now, Shadow after, i think the three, even if a bit differernt will look of exact same type to me.
Man, DMC5....I love "Character Action" games sooo much, but I really had to push to get through that one, personally. It's one of the reasons I'm excited for Stellar Blade, I'm hoping it will cleanse the palate.

DMC5 made me appreciate when Ninja Theory jammed They Live (and conceivably anti-Big Beverage marketing propaganda) into a game and called it a reboot for the franchise. (Yeah, that happened.)

'The out-of-context "not in a million years" part fucked 'em, though. Many people are hilariously petty and fickle wrt games, which remains true today (and has gotten even worse with some recent releases).

It may be revisionist history, but that game(play) was solid. The story was heinous and disgusting imho (I think NT's writing is just a little too crude intense for me), but man, they were good at the genre.

It's one of those weird things that makes me laugh...Remember when Capcom said they were going to farm out IP because it was cheaper, got pissed the game sold the exact same as every other DMC game, took it back in-house, and then made a worse sequel? Yeah, I know (most) peeps don't remember that. Still funny though, and I suppose we got Hellblade out of it instead of a sequel, so there's that.

What I don't get is why doesn't somebody just straight-up buy the rights to make a game based upon VERSUS? The world may never know.
DMCry (holy grail, the D's white airs that fall on his head in the video, LOL), never played earlier in my life, a first, but i cheat, i unlocked all fight stuff at begin with red orbs, bc i suck at combos.
I have the good mod for the girl driver :
A few days ago i read about Team Ninja DmC... on YT this version didn't appeal me, i like only their Hellblade game(s). That's also when i finally understood there is Team Ninja and Ninja Theory, not the same(s).

System Name HTPC whhaaaat?
Processor 2600k @ 4500mhz
Motherboard Asus Maximus IV gene-z gen3
Cooling Noctua NH-C14
Memory Gskill Ripjaw 2x4gb
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 FTW @ 2037/11016
Storage 2x512GB MX100/1x Agility 3 128gb ssds, Seagate 3TB HDD
Display(s) Vizio P 65'' 4k tv
Case Lian Li pc-c50b
Audio Device(s) Denon 3311
Power Supply Corsair 620HX
Well, until now i paused, it's good, but frustrating, i can't have enough time to choose my own though (i'm French, on top od minigame fastness), and game defaults to default one automatically, that's the problem (sort of too fast constant minigame).
D4 (Dark Dreams Don't Die), i finished in one playraw, and i will never see a second chapter developped !.. i'm doomed.

TR13 was a good experience, but i discovered it's a lot killing humans, since i knew TR the first when it became popular, never played tho, i think they should have a lot more kept the savage nature as main danger.
Rise now, Shadow after, i think the three, even if a bit differernt will look of exact same type to me.

DMCry (holy grail, the D's white airs that fall on his head in the video, LOL), never played earlier in my life, a first, but i cheat, i unlocked all fight stuff at begin with red orbs, bc i suck at combos.
I have the good mod for the girl driver :
A few days ago i read about Team Ninja DmC... on YT this version didn't appeal me, i like only their Hellblade game(s). That's also when i finally understood there is Team Ninja and Ninja Theory, not the same(s).

You enjoy SWERY's work, I assume? I haven't played his games, but can respect those that appreciate him and his work due to his reputation. He's appears a uniquely enjoyable personality. :toast:

It's interesting you bring up the concept of human enemies, as I can totally relate! I didn't realize how much I appreciated something like Destiny until I played something like The Division, and (while I still appreciate the formula and work that goes into that live-service) found it can be very depressing for that very reason (not to mention the absurd abundance of cursing, questionable political choices made by a foreign dev studio about another country's [in-game] government/society, etc). Maybe I'm just old/oversensitive (wrt being a Westerner), but I do understand many cultures, nay, people in general simply do not like that idea in a game in general, and I can respect/relate because I too don't like the idea of hurting another human (even in a videogame), especially as I've become older, and it has become something I consciously think about wrt having an effect on my mental health. Not because I can't 'handle' it, but because I think it can consciously or subconsciouly wear on people and/or have an effect on their demeanor/well-being. Sometimes I try to look past it, but it becomes harder the older I become, and absolutely can understand no matter your age/location it could be off-putting (versus something like the original TR games with bears/statues/dinos etc) or TR13 (or even something like Horizon) when you are often hunting deer or other animals for resources. They do *some* things in those games (like theoretically fighting ancient zombies) to mitigate some of that feeling, but I can still understand the sentiment.

There's a lot of choices made in Destiny (enemies are robots/armor-covered space turtles); one time they replaced the expected human main boss with a giant 'meatball' to avoid 'us' fighting the expected human antagonist [which the meatball 'ate' in a cutscene]). I appreciate those things the more I look at things from that perspective. It goes along with the notion that if you think about it you realize Bungie made the right call on a lot of things (to create a positive experience in a FPS), and certainly a lot of thought had to go into it. Many other games (even many that came afterwards) have had trouble by not implementing similar decisions. It's amazing to me they thought about all of those things (like matchmaking in strikes 'forcing' positive social interaction toward a common goal, which I think makes people happier than playing alone), and did them "correctly" (often as an early, if not the first example)! I hope that makes sense. I don't mean to break down every little decision Bungie makes/made, because it's not fair to call them all out, but they did a lot of things to encourage positive (growing) social activity in a genre without having to even entertain the idea of having human enemies or extreme realism. It's interesting how this reflects when you look at games like Destiny and The Divisions communities; they have much different attitudes/demeanors in general when playing the game (people that play The Decision are often more selfish/angry while The Destiny Community are generally very helpful/friendly people). At some point you realize the people at Bungie is/are/were geniuses that I legitimately believe are doing a public service, and the lack of human enemies is no small part of that.

It's an interesting topic, though, and I'm glad you mentioned it. Some will shrug it off and tell you to 'deal with it' or think you're weak if you can't handle it, and to them I would say their insensitivity to someone's opinions may come from playing games in which the humans in those games are your enemies.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no Tipper Gore; I don't believe in censorship and I believe creators should create the art they want, with consumers deciding what they feel is entertaining to them.

That said, I have noticed even small things like that truly do have an effect.

Some people figured that out long before I did, and some will long after. For some it won't effect (or notice it's effects), nor will they ever (care to) understand other peoples' plight.

All one can do is explain those dispositions and effects can be and are very real, and hope people learn to understand themselves and others better: replace apathy with empathy.
_______

As far as DMC, I respect your opinions (and understand the NT 'DmC' can be off-putting.) In truth it IS off-putting imo, perhaps intentionally (to be 'thought-provoking' or 'edgy'). I would call it dispicable: (*spoiler alert*: a pregnant mother gets shot in the stomach to kill her baby which is beyond the pale imo, regardless of context, especially for what's expected from this generally light-hearted series...Also there's a thing about Bill O'Reilly/Fox News and live-reported fleeing fugitives [think the OJ Simpson chase, or other more extreme examples] but we don't need to get into that), but I do think the mechanics are fun. Do mechanics save it if the story/art disgusts you? Maybe some appreciate that it's provocative or *attempting* to make a point (just like Hellblade is in some ways). That's not my call to make, but can understand how somebody could go either way on their work.

No shame in unlocking stuff early by cheesing/repeating missions and/or not being able to do huge combos; have fun your way. I DO enjoy learning that stuff (through new weapon progression) and getting the 'rewards' faster ('as intended per se'') by learning how to get better at what the game wants from me, but it's not my place to tell someone HOW to enjoy/appreciate a game, only hope they do if they can. It that's playing a game on easy, changing accessability settings to their own style/strengths, or even turning blood green (or to oil, or even off) I think that's fine, if not wonderful. I'd rather they have fun and have a positive experience however they can than to not play it at all or not enjoy playing it because of forced certain mechanics or art choices.

As for TN and NT: Yep, totally different!

One is very...um...Let's say "highfalutin" and British.

The other is part of what used to be Tecmo (Japan).

Let's just say they both entertain and/or frustrate (potential) players in different ways. ;)

I could see the potential confusion given Ninja Gaiden/Niho vs something like DmC (if you didn't know any better).

That said, what a fascinating thing it would be to see Itagaki talk to Antoniades. On one hand, you have this guy. On the other hand, you have the guy that encouraged this.

As strange as it may sound, I don't think they're actually that different.

This is just my personal (and perhaps controversial) opinion, but I think one (while well-intentioned) has their reach often exceed their grasp. The other one concentrates on expensive DLC costumes.

Which is better? Which is worse? Are either helpful/hurtful? I don't know. Both fascinating in their own way.

Before anyone says it: Yes, I am being unfairly reductive, and there is more to those people and their studios than that. Still, it's a wild, wild world with many different types of artists.

Playing Journey, it was on sale for $5

:D

I hope you like(d) it.

The reason I said to Shia it was because I saw it was on your list and $5; thought it was a safe suggestion if you *think* you might enjoy/appreciate it. (I personally don't try to push full-priced games [only give an opinion] bc they're both a greater investment and can be very personal-preference). For instance, I'm a HUGE Wayforward fan, but not everyone is going to like/'get' Shantae or (have the nostalgia of River City Ransom/Scott Pilgrim and therefore necessarily like) River City Girls. I respect that.

WRT Journey, it probably helps if you're in the right frame of mind to play it, but I think it's a beautiful experience worth the (relatively short) amount of time, especially for that price and you're open/into what it brings to the table (which it appears to me that you would be).

GLHF on that and whatever your next adventure may be. :)

Last edited:
System Name Gungnir
Processor Ryzen 5 7600X @1.25v
Motherboard ASUS TUF B650M-PLUS WIFI
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assasin 120 SE Black
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 CL36 5600MHz
Video Card(s) XFX RX 6800XT Merc 319 @1.1v @2600MHz clock @2140MHz vram freq. (surprisingly stable)
Storage 1TB WD SN770 | 2TB WD Blue SATA III SSD
Display(s) 1440p 165Hz VA
Case Lian Li Lancool 215
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80Ohm
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 750W 80 Plus Gold
Mouse Logitech G Pro Wireless
Keyboard Keychron V6
VR HMD The bane of my existence (Oculus Quest 2)
Doom Eternal - The Ancient Gods

It's on sale, I couldn't say no to more doom.

Processor AMD R7 1700X @ 4100Mhz
Motherboard MSI B450M MORTAR MAX (MS-7B89)
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14PE
Memory Crucial Technology 16GB DR (DDR4-3600) - C9BLM:045M:E BL16G36C16U4W.M16FE1 X2 @ CL14
Video Card(s) XFX RX480 GTR 8GB @ 1408Mhz (AMD Auto OC)
Storage Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB
Display(s) Acer KG271 1080p @ 81Hz
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex II 750W 80+ Gold
Keyboard Redragon Devarajas RGB
Software Microsoft Windows 10 (10.0) Professional 64-bit
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/mvvj3a
Tanya, Flint, Yuri, and Anatoly (cause Tim Curry) :rockout:

FTL? Yes, I have that one in my list..holy f, 12 years already?
Driving an F1 car on a street circuit. Still think this looks great for a 2014 game title. 10 years old! *(With community mods CSP+ReShade)
Set video Quality is 1080p.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Doom Eternal - The Ancient Gods

It's on sale, I couldn't say no to more doom.

my irl friend says it plays really good on steam deck, but I don't know, i just feel like for fps games I need a mouse and keyboard. :confused:

Processor Intel i5 8400
Motherboard Asus Prime H370M-Plus/CSM
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken & Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap
Memory 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ROG-STRIX-GTX1060-O6G-GAMING
Storage 1TB 980 Pro
Display(s) Samsung UN55KU6300F
Case Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 750w
Software W11 Pro
my irl friend says it plays really good on steam deck, but I don't know, i just feel like for fps games I need a mouse and keyboard. :confused:

Mind control, the next frontier that finally settles deck really is life.

Excited Sailor Moon GIF

System Name KLM
Processor 7800X3D
Case 4000D Airflow
Power Supply Shift 1000
Mouse 502 Hero
Keyboard K68
Software EMDB
Benchmark Scores 0>1000

Just a mouse infact, more needed than the keyboard ;)

System Name Gungnir
Processor Ryzen 5 7600X @1.25v
Motherboard ASUS TUF B650M-PLUS WIFI
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assasin 120 SE Black
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 CL36 5600MHz
Video Card(s) XFX RX 6800XT Merc 319 @1.1v @2600MHz clock @2140MHz vram freq. (surprisingly stable)
Storage 1TB WD SN770 | 2TB WD Blue SATA III SSD
Display(s) 1440p 165Hz VA
Case Lian Li Lancool 215
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80Ohm
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 750W 80 Plus Gold
Mouse Logitech G Pro Wireless
Keyboard Keychron V6
VR HMD The bane of my existence (Oculus Quest 2)
It'd be a shame to miss out on doom eternal, specially with the current sale.

And mouse and keyboard required? Nonsense, you have a steam deck, turn on gyro controls and glue the deck to your hands ;)

TyreseD

For sure I understand the appeal of using a mouse and keyboard for FPS games due to their precision and familiarity. However, advancements in technology, like gyro controls on the Steam Deck can really change it

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
Hi folks, please stick to the topic: what game are you playing?

Thanks.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard Gigabyte B450M-S2H
Cooling Scythe Kotetsu Mark II
Memory 2 x 16GB SK Hynix OEM DDR4-3200 @ 3666 18-20-18-36
Video Card(s) Colorful RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB
Storage 250GB WD BLACK SN750 M.2 + 4TB WD Red Plus + 4TB WD Purple
Display(s) AOpen 27HC5R 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case COUGAR MX440 Mesh RGB
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium HD + Kurtzweil KS-40A bookshelf
Power Supply Corsair CX750M
Mouse Razer Deathadder Essential
Keyboard Cougar Attack2 Cherry MX Black
Software Windows 10 Pro 22H1 x64
Since someone mentions MoHAA I replayed it back, and just in time...

moh1.jpg

Game still looks quite good...at certain times. It's more than 20 years ago this game was released.
moh2.jpg

And this is the result of the mission, yep its possible to get more than 100% accuracy
mohg3.jpg

Space Lynx

Astronaut
System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)
She'll never that in her backpack!
TR2-maria-doria.jpg

System Name Purple Haze | Vacuum Box
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D (-30 CO) | Intel® Xeon® E3-1241 v3
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H
Cooling Dark Rock 4 Pro, Arctic P14 & P12 case fans | 212 Evo & P12 PWM PST x2, Arctic P14 & P12 case fans
Memory 32GB Ballistix (Micron E 19nm) CL16 @3733MHz | 32GB HyperX Beast 2400MHz (XMP)
Video Card(s) AMD 6900XTXH ASRock OC Formula & Phanteks T30x3 | AMD 5700XT Sapphire Nitro+ & Arctic P12x2
Storage ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB, Toshiba P300 3TB x2 | Kingston A400 120GB, Fanxiang S500 Pro 256GB
Display(s) Mi 2K Gaming Monitor 27", AOC 24G2U
Case Modded MS Industrial Titan II Pro RGB | Heavily Modded Cooler Master Q500L
Audio Device(s) Audient iD14 MKII, Adam Audio T8Vs, Bloody M550, HiFiMan HE400se, Tascam TM-80
Power Supply Rosewill Capstone 1000M | Enermax Revolution X't 730W (both with P14 fans)
Mouse Logitech G305, Bloody A91, Amazon basics, Logitech M187
Keyboard Redragon K530, Bloody B930, Epomaker TH80 SE, BTC 9110
Software W10 LTSC 21H2
System Name BigRed
Processor I7 12700k
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix z690-A WiFi D4
Cooling Noctua D15s/MX6
Memory TEAM GROUP 32GB DDR4 4000C16 B die
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 Gaming Trio X 10GB
Storage M.2 drives-Crucial P5 500GB 4x4/WD SN850X 4TB 4x4/WD SN850X 2TB 4x4
Display(s) Dell s3422dwg 34" 3440x1440p 144hz ultrawide
Case Corsair 7000D
Audio Device(s) Topping D10s DAC/PCamp TC 1680 AMP/MS M10 Speakers/Bowers and Wilkins P7 Headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x 80% gold
Mouse Logitech G604 wireless
Keyboard Logitech G413 carbon
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Who cares
System Name Computer
Processor Intel 12700K
Motherboard Asus Prime Z690-A
Cooling Twin radiator open loop
Memory Corsair Dominator 32GB DDR5
Video Card(s) eVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus 2 TB
Display(s) Asus PG348Q and two Asus VN279Q monitors
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser GSX 1000 with Sennheiser HD599 SE
Power Supply Asus Thor 1200P
Mouse Corsair Scimitar Elite RGB Wireless
Keyboard Keychron Q3 Max
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 10 Pro
System Name KLM
Processor 7800X3D
Case 4000D Airflow
Power Supply Shift 1000
Mouse 502 Hero
Keyboard K68
Software EMDB
Benchmark Scores 0>1000
You enjoy SWERY's work, I assume? I haven't played his games, but can respect those that appreciate him and his work due to his reputation. He's appears a uniquely enjoyable personality. :toast:
SWERY, yeah, i looked at the games made, i conclued only "The Good Life" would be to my taste, tested and it's a funny game, i will enjoy play it, but not too long :p
His masterpiece id D4, in all ways, and it wins over all TellTale games, gameplay wise...
... but wait 2024's "Hotel Barcelona" :p
It's interesting you bring up the concept of human enemies, as I can totally relate! I didn't realize how much I appreciated something like Destiny until I played something like The Division, and (while I still appreciate the formula and work that goes into that live-service) found it can be very depressing for that very reason (not to mention the absurd abundance of cursing, questionable political choices made by a foreign dev studio about another country's [in-game] government/society, etc). Maybe I'm just old/oversensitive (wrt being a Westerner), but I do understand many cultures, nay, people in general simply do not like that idea in a game in general, and I can respect/relate because I too don't like the idea of hurting another human (even in a videogame), especially as I've become older, and it has become something I consciously think about wrt having an effect on my mental health. Not because I can't 'handle' it, but because I think it can consciously or subconsciouly wear on people and/or have an effect on their demeanor/well-being. Sometimes I try to look past it, but it becomes harder the older I become, and absolutely can understand no matter your age/location it could be off-putting (versus something like the original TR games with bears/statues/dinos etc) or TR13 (or even something like Horizon) when you are often hunting deer or other animals for resources. They do *some* things in those games (like theoretically fighting ancient zombies) to mitigate some of that feeling, but I can still understand the sentiment.
I'm near end of Rise, launched Shadow & climb the first wall, really yimpressed by graphics quality, OKay, all max with DLSS HDR on OLED 27" it helps, but it's the more advanced graphically game i ever seen.
I think humans appeared not in the first game, that's why i sayed they should have kept nature as main danger element in the game, but story involves people so they must die since they try to kill the Lara Croft protagonist, and getin his way, or game should end !.. anyway only Point & Clicks games have no killing living being, and i love this games, i have 115 PnC games !
In a way that's true games with monsters i prefer over humans to kill, like DOOM, but that's because i prefer video games that not are set to be in the real world, but more imaginated .
There's a lot of choices made in Destiny (enemies are robots/armor-covered space turtles); one time they replaced the expected human main boss with a giant 'meatball' to avoid 'us' fighting the expected human antagonist [which the meatball 'ate' in a cutscene]). I appreciate those things the more I look at things from that perspective. It goes along with the notion that if you think about it you realize Bungie made the right call on a lot of things (to create a positive experience in a FPS), and certainly a lot of thought had to go into it. Many other games (even many that came afterwards) have had trouble by not implementing similar decisions. It's amazing to me they thought about all of those things (like matchmaking in strikes 'forcing' positive social interaction toward a common goal, which I think makes people happier than playing alone), and did them "correctly" (often as an early, if not the first example)! I hope that makes sense. I don't mean to break down every little decision Bungie makes/made, because it's not fair to call them all out, but they did a lot of things to encourage positive (growing) social activity in a genre without having to even entertain the idea of having human enemies or extreme realism. It's interesting how this reflects when you look at games like Destiny and The Divisions communities; they have much different attitudes/demeanors in general when playing the game (people that play The Decision are often more selfish/angry while The Destiny Community are generally very helpful/friendly people). At some point you realize the people at Bungie is/are/were geniuses that I legitimately believe are doing a public service, and the lack of human enemies is no small part of that.

It's an interesting topic, though, and I'm glad you mentioned it. Some will shrug it off and tell you to 'deal with it' or think you're weak if you can't handle it, and to them I would say their insensitivity to someone's opinions may come from playing games in which the humans in those games are your enemies.
Yeah, i think it's better when universe of game is really imaginated, it opens ideas and not necessarilly reminds you about reality, it's games, not history.
Don't get me wrong, I'm no Tipper Gore; I don't believe in censorship and I believe creators should create the art they want, with consumers deciding what they feel is entertaining to them.

That said, I have noticed even small things like that truly do have an effect.

Some people figured that out long before I did, and some will long after. For some it won't effect (or notice it's effects), nor will they ever (care to) understand other peoples' plight.

All one can do is explain those dispositions and effects can be and are very real, and hope people learn to understand themselves and others better: replace apathy with empathy.
The only thing that chocked me in vgames history, is when first WW games were out, like it's taboo... and now you could play granpa's 3D model to revive war, absurd (and they managed to censor unneeded to be censored things in other games...so,).
_______

As far as DMC, I respect your opinions (and understand the NT 'DmC' can be off-putting.) In truth it IS off-putting imo, perhaps intentionally (to be 'thought-provoking' or 'edgy'). I would call it dispicable: (*spoiler alert*: a pregnant mother gets shot in the stomach to kill her baby which is beyond the pale imo, regardless of context, especially for what's expected from this generally light-hearted series...Also there's a thing about Bill O'Reilly/Fox News and live-reported fleeing fugitives [think the OJ Simpson chase, or other more extreme examples] but we don't need to get into that), but I do think the mechanics are fun. Do mechanics save it if the story/art disgusts you? Maybe some appreciate that it's provocative or *attempting* to make a point (just like Hellblade is in some ways). That's not my call to make, but can understand how somebody could go either way on their work.

No shame in unlocking stuff early by cheesing/repeating missions and/or not being able to do huge combos; have fun your way. I DO enjoy learning that stuff (through new weapon progression) and getting the 'rewards' faster ('as intended per se'') by learning how to get better at what the game wants from me, but it's not my place to tell someone HOW to enjoy/appreciate a game, only hope they do if they can. It that's playing a game on easy, changing accessability settings to their own style/strengths, or even turning blood green (or to oil, or even off) I think that's fine, if not wonderful. I'd rather they have fun and have a positive experience however they can than to not play it at all or not enjoy playing it because of forced certain mechanics or art choices.
How would i win... and it's not so bad to experience, since combos are beatifull to look at while fighting ;)
But trust me, i managed to die.
As for TN and NT: Yep, totally different!

One is very...um...Let's say "highfalutin" and British.
NT did HBlade, a perfect game(s)... from TN i have : NGaiden 1-2-Yaiba, Metroid Other M, DOA6, but over Nioh's (never liked Onimusha) i prefered Sekiro.
The other is part of what used to be Tecmo (Japan).

Let's just say they both entertain and/or frustrate (potential) players in different ways. ;)

I could see the potential confusion given Ninja Gaiden/Niho vs something like DmC (if you didn't know any better).

That said, what a fascinating thing it would be to see Itagaki talk to Antoniades. On one hand, you have this guy. On the other hand, you have the guy that encouraged this.

As strange as it may sound, I don't think they're actually that different.

This is just my personal (and perhaps controversial) opinion, but I think one (while well-intentioned) has their reach often exceed their grasp. The other one concentrates on expensive DLC costumes.

Which is better? Which is worse? Are either helpful/hurtful? I don't know. Both fascinating in their own way.

Before anyone says it: Yes, I am being unfairly reductive, and there is more to those people and their studios than that. Still, it's a wild, wild world with many different types of artists.
For DMC5, outfits i modded, simpler Vergil... to simplify the outfits infact, yeah it becames a strange thing all this outfits now in all games. Nonsense often, a good exemple is FOA6, that i didn't get outfits, but there iss 64 DLCs, with each one by one, or pack (beach, witch, halloween, christmas, pirates.......), all are ugly and don't feat a Vs. game, at all (https://steamdb.info/app/838380/dlc)

I needed DeepL btw :)

System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)
It's a bottomless hole... It fits everything. Pun intended.
Oh how she wants that fuse thing, but it's out of reach just now.
tr2-maria-doria-key.jpg

Yes, her back pack is like the Tardis the amount of stuff she packs in it, not to mention her make up.

Processor 6900K @ 4.3Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte x99 ultra gaming
Cooling H115i pro xt
Memory Tridentz 3200 32gb
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 4070
Storage 970 EVO 500gb
Display(s) AOC g2460pf
Case Non branded shit
Power Supply Corsair Rm550x
Mouse Logitech G603 Double click mode
Keyboard TGK205
Software Win 10
Oh how she wants that fuse thing, but it's out of reach just now.
View attachment 336036

Yes, her back pack is like the Tardis the amount of stuff she packs in it, not to mention her make up.

That red stain, I think she reaches the limits of her bottomless trunk:eek: :laugh:

System Name Lynni PS \ Lenowo TwinkPad T480
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700 Raphael \ i7-8550U Kaby Lake-R
Motherboard ASRock B650M PG Riptide Bios v. 2.02 AMD AGESA 1.1.0.0 \ Lenowo 20L60036MX Bios 1.47
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black (Only middle fan) \ Lenowo WN-2
Memory G.Skill Flare X5 2x16GB DDR5 6000MHZ CL36-36-36-96 AMD EXPO \ Willk Elektronik 2x16GB 2666MHZ CL17
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX™ 4070 Dual OC GPU: 2325-2355 MEM: 1462| Nvidia GeForce MX™ 150 2GB GDDR5 Micron
Storage Gigabyte M30 1TB|Sabrent Rocket 2TB| HDD: 10TB|1TB \ SKHynix 256GB 2242 3x2 | WD SN700 1TB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 27GP850-B 1440p@165Hz | LG 48CX OLED 4K HDR | AUO 14" 1440p IPS
Case Asus Prime AP201 White Mesh | Lenowo T480 chassis
Audio Device(s) Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless
Power Supply Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 750W Goldie | 65W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeedy Wireless | Lenowo TouchPad & Logitech G305
Keyboard Akko 3108 DS Horizon V2 Cream Yellow | T480 UK Lumi
Software Win11 Pro 23H2 UK
Benchmark Scores 3DMARK: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/89434432? GPU-Z: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/details/v3zbr
Just gonna leave this one here, finished the game and it was actually good :D

ACMirage_2024_02_24_21_43_09_638.jpg

System Name Keds
Processor 5600X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 32 GB Team Force DDR4 3200 CL16
Video Card(s) Power Color RX 7900 XT Red Devil
Storage 2x 1TB SSD / NVME
Display(s) AOpen 27in 1440p 170hz (27HC5UR)
Case Modified Corsair 540 Air
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 / Corsair HS80
Power Supply EVGA 850GQ
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair Strafe Silent
Software Win 11 Home (Modded)
Benchmark Scores It will beat a snail in a down hill race.
Picked up Hell Drivers 2 and playing with my kid and his buddies. Holy crap this is a fun game.

Processor Intel i5 8400
Motherboard Asus Prime H370M-Plus/CSM
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken & Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap
Memory 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ROG-STRIX-GTX1060-O6G-GAMING
Storage 1TB 980 Pro
Display(s) Samsung UN55KU6300F
Case Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 750w
Software W11 Pro
Just gonna leave this one here, finished the game and it was actually good :D

View attachment 336158

Glad you enjoyed it. Any further comments on gameplay or narrative elements that made it enjoyable would be great.

How reliant on the freeze motion c-c-c-c-c-c-combo maker does it force you into being?

System Name Juliette // HTPC
Processor Intel i7 9700K // AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard ASUS Prime Z390X-A // ASRock B550 ITX-AC
Cooling Noctua NH-U12 Black // Stock
Memory Corsair DDR4 3600 32gb //G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3600
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX4070 OC// GTX 1650
Storage Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1Tb, Intel 665p Series M.2 2280 1TB // Samsung 1Tb SSD
Display(s) ASUS VP348QGL 34" Quad HD 3440 x 1440 // 55" LG 4K SK8000 Series
Case Seasonic SYNCRO Q7// Silverstone Granada GD05
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 // HDMI to Samsung HW-R650 sound bar
Power Supply Seasonic SYNCRO 750 W // CORSAIR Vengeance 650M
Mouse Cooler Master MM710 53G
Keyboard Logitech 920-009300 G512 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro // Windows 10 Pro
Just bought Robo Cop but haven't started it yet. Any good?