• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What causes driver corruption?

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
If you are very, VERY unlucky a cosmic ray can cause a bit flip and corrupt a file, as it passes through your computer o_O
Solar flares/SunSpots

System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Logitech M190
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
You don't have to believe me man
I don't believe you but let me quickly add, I am NOT suggesting you are lying. I am saying there is a lack of understanding (due to a lack of information) what this feature does that has led you (and others) to jump to unfounded and inaccurate conclusions. As Ian in your video clearly points out, there is confusion over what exactly this feature does. I was unsure too - until I watched your video.

Memory that is so unreliable it needs on-die ECC is poor quality
See, now that is total nonsense! Where did Ian or any other expert say that DDR5 (as opposed to DDR4 or DDR3, for example) memory is "so unreliable" that it "needs" this on-die ECC?

They didn't.

Where did any of your experts claim on-die ECC allows makers to make and use "poorer quality" memory?

They didn't. Why? Because that implies memory that does not use this feature is of "superior quality" - which is not true.

What Ian in that video said was because "Man" has yet to learn how to make perfection 100% of the time, there will always be defects in the manufacturing process - especially true as density increases. So what this on-die ECC feature does is allow the manufacturers to detect and correct more and more of these inevitable defects so the memory can meets the require JEDEC standards and be used.

What that does is increase the manufacturing success rate improving the reliability of the manufacturing process (see your video starting at 3:35). And so with fewer production failures, that makes the production costs cheaper - it does NOT mean, in any way, the products are of "poorer quality".

You printed the key points. But sadly, misunderstood what this feature does, or what that video is telling us.

To clarify my point - it is YOUR claim that makers have implemented this ECC-like feature so they can make and sell "poorer quality" RAM. That is just not true.

As YOU quoted and what Ian said (my bold underline added),
on-die ecc allows memory manufacturers to go denser on the process to get higher density memory and more of it comes out the factory and lowers the cost...it enables more scaling down to denser process nodes.

on die ecc helps make the memory cheaper and better yielding.

on die ecc you can actually make sure that more of those cells reach the required jedec specification

And to be sure, "cheaper" in this context means "less expensive". It does not mean inferior quality.

What I see as the problem here is (once again :mad:) "marketing weenies!" sticking their grubby fingers into the mix by describing another product using technical terms incorrectly. They should not have called it ECC - at least not without thoroughly explaining the difference between this on-die ECC and traditional ECC.

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
Hi,
Weird power fluctuations
Really why you should do the basics and rule this out with a good backup battery system something a simple surge protector can't do alone.

Then you can get into windows updates and hardware quirks like cheap psu's/ memory/ ssd's/ hdd's/ failures.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
I saw the title and thought it was a really good question. I've always assumed that code was code and how the hell could it go wrong. It can't get dementia, or become senile. How does a recorded line of code become corrupted? Is it that the preceding explanations mean that those thousands of lines of code might 'lose a line', or the code itself becomes poorly overwritten (thinking of a BIOS flash being interupted is literally code being rewritten and lost). Is that it?

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Keyboard G710+x3
I saw the title and thought it was a really good question. I've always assumed that code was code and how the hell could it go wrong. It can't get dementia, or become senile. How does a recorded line of code become corrupted? Is it that the preceding explanations mean that those thousands of lines of code might 'lose a line', or the code itself becomes poorly overwritten (thinking of a BIOS flash being interupted is literally code being rewritten and lost). Is that it?
Hi,
Yes
Bad wiring connections causing power fluctuations is also very possible
Defective flash drive also if flashing bios like that.

I don't believe you but let me quickly add, I am NOT suggesting you are lying. I am saying there is a lack of understanding (due to a lack of information) what this feature does that has led you (and others) to jump to unfounded and inaccurate conclusions. As Ian in your video clearly points out, there is confusion over what exactly this feature does. I was unsure too - until I watched your video.

See, now that is total nonsense! Where did Ian or any other expert say that DDR5 (as opposed to DDR4 or DDR3, for example) memory is "so unreliable" that it "needs" this on-die ECC?

They didn't.

Where did any of your experts claim on-die ECC allows makers to make and use "poorer quality" memory?

They didn't. Why? Because that implies memory that does not use this feature is of "superior quality" - which is not true.

What Ian in that video said was because "Man" has yet to learn how to make perfection 100% of the time, there will always be defects in the manufacturing process - especially true as density increases. So what this on-die ECC feature does is allow the manufacturers to detect and correct more and more of these inevitable defects so the memory can meets the require JEDEC standards and be used.

What that does is increase the manufacturing success rate improving the reliability of the manufacturing process (see your video starting at 3:35). And so with fewer production failures, that makes the production costs cheaper - it does NOT mean, in any way, the products are of "poorer quality".

You printed the key points. But sadly, misunderstood what this feature does, or what that video is telling us.

To clarify my point - it is YOUR claim that makers have implemented this ECC-like feature so they can make and sell "poorer quality" RAM. That is just not true.

As YOU quoted and what Ian said (my bold underline added),

And to be sure, "cheaper" in this context means "less expensive". It does not mean inferior quality.

What I see as the problem here is (once again :mad:) "marketing weenies!" sticking their grubby fingers into the mix by describing another product using technical terms incorrectly. They should not have called it ECC - at least not without thoroughly explaining the difference between this on-die ECC and traditional ECC.

It's really funny how after watching the video you have ended up agreeing with me and yet still proceeded to tell me how I'm completely wrong about everything I said. At least now I know what mansplaining feels like.

You're getting hooked up on the use of 'poorer quality', but that was not why I made my initial point, my point was that it is being marketed as a protection feature when that is NOT why it exists (a point you refused to believe until now, by the way, paraphrasing your words: "why else does ECC exist?"). Oh hey, that's exactly what you just said in your conclusion about the 'marketing weenies', but somehow I'm still wrong? Hmm.

On-die ECC exists in DDR5 so they can use memory that has defects, that would otherwise not pass verification, not to protect our data. That's always been my point. What would you call a defect? Product... ambiguity? Product... special-mystery-feature?

Non-ECC DDR4 would not pass these tests and would not be sold, therefore it is better quality memory. You can have your own definition of quality (which obviously you do), my definition is: the memory does not produce errors in normal operation without on-die ecc. They could produce memory that does not do this, or not to the same degree (and they almost certainly will, for servers), but they don't, why? Cost and cost is about money, not data.

In server farms, where there are DIMMs that produce errors, the technicians don't go "yay, ecc is awesome", they replace the flippin' DIMM (assuming there's not a failed fan, or some other reason), with DDR5 they're using ecc to bake it in defective at manufacture. A different feature, for a completely different reason.

TLDR: Do people buying DDR5 in the marketed belief "it has ecc so my data is protected", realise that potentially they're using memory that produces errors during normal operation, due to manufacturing defects that were passed because of the presence of on-die ecc, or do they believe they're buying something that is inherently better quality than DDR4?

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
Reflashing a BIOS, or any ROM for that matter will have this kind of side-effect. Drivers on the filesystem however are a bit different because we get our filesystems guarantees for whatever kind we're using. Most of the time that means writing the new data somewhere else and not over the existing data, so if something bad happens in the process, the data that was written is still just considered free space, so it's not like overwriting a ROM in the sense that if something goes wrong in the middle, you totally have corruption because you only wrote part of what you intended. So long as a driver is contained within a single file on the file system, writing over it and a crash occurring during that process should not corrupt a driver. What could corrupt a driver is if there are multiple files being written to the filesystem and the different versions aren't stored in a different place on the file system, so you could have some files that are newer and some that are older if a crash occurs in between. This is probably what people refer to as a "corrupted driver," which is really just an incomplete installation.

Just my 2¢.

Keyboard G710+x3
Hi,
Have to add third party security suites blocking stuff to.

Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
It's really funny...

You're getting hooked up on the use of 'poorer quality'

my point was that it is being marketed as...

I am "hooked up on it" because it is wrong!

What's funny, in a really sad, if not ironic way, is how you criticize me for "getting hooked up" your claim of these makers making "poorer quality" memory - then you are all "hooked up on" how they are "marketing" this new feature. :rolleyes: :kookoo:

So, in other words, it is perfectly fine for you to misuse words, but others cannot.

Fine. You win. But just for the record - I admitted I too was confused with the "marketing" terminology used and clearly said they should not have called it ECC - at least not without proper descriptions.

I'm outta here.

Last edited:

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
So, according to that video, on-die ECC really is about making cheaper memory that would otherwise fail validation and also allows higher density, not data integrity. I'd have to watch other videos from reliable sources to be convinced of the exact reasons for this feature.

What strikes me, is that this tech can mask inherently less reliable memory which would tend to have a shorter lifespan. Time will tell and if the warranty lengths start to shrink, it will be very telling.

System Name HP Compaq 8000 Elite CMT
Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Motherboard Hewlett-Packard 3647h
Memory 16GB DDR3
Video Card(s) Asus NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 2GB GDDR5 (fan-less)
Storage 2TB Micron SATA SSD; 2TB Seagate Firecuda 3.5" HDD
Display(s) Dell P2416D (2560 x 1440)
Power Supply 12V HP proprietary
So, according to that video, on-die ECC really is about making cheaper memory that would otherwise fail validation and also allows higher density, not data integrity. I'd have to watch other videos from reliable sources to be convinced of the exact reasons for this feature.

What strikes me, is that this tech can mask inherently less reliable memory which would tend to have a shorter lifespan. Time will tell and if the warranty lengths start to shrink, it will be very telling.

What scares me is error correction in hard drives

Non-recoverable Errors 1 per 10^14

Well 10^14 bits is just 11 Terabytes

Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
So, according to that video, on-die ECC really is about making cheaper memory that would otherwise fail validation
:) Yes!

"BUT" memory that would otherwise fail validation exactly as other generation/type memory would, has done, and will continue to do (until "Man" can create perfection). That is, not because suddenly and now with DDR5, the memory is otherwise inferior (or "poorer" :rolleyes: quality) than those previous generations.
What scares me is error correction in hard drives
That's what having a robust backup plan is for.

I am "hooked up on it" because it is wrong!

What's funny, in a really sad, if not ironic way, is how you criticize me for "getting hooked up" your claim of these makers making "poorer quality" memory - then you are all "hooked up on" how they are "marketing" this new feature. :rolleyes: :kookoo:

So, in other words, it is perfectly fine for you to misuse words, but others cannot.

Fine. You win. But just for the record - I admitted I too was confused with the "marketing" terminology used and clearly said they should not have called it ECC - at least not without proper descriptions.

I'm outta here.

Actually, I stand by what I said, I repeated the claim (with a definition) in my last post. Any elaboration would be unnecessary at this point, so I'll refrain.

About the marketing: yup, there's a little red book in my bed table, Bill, if it wasn't obvious already.

System Name HP Compaq 8000 Elite CMT
Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Motherboard Hewlett-Packard 3647h
Memory 16GB DDR3
Video Card(s) Asus NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 2GB GDDR5 (fan-less)
Storage 2TB Micron SATA SSD; 2TB Seagate Firecuda 3.5" HDD
Display(s) Dell P2416D (2560 x 1440)
Power Supply 12V HP proprietary
Does the DDR5 report the number of errors corrected? if so, one would know if the error correction was being used to shroud bad RAM.

Does the DDR5 report the number of errors corrected? if so, one would know if the error correction was being used to shroud bad RAM.

In the documentation the feature appears to be present for reporting, but they also talk about how the on-die ecc is to address internal errors (i.e. not visible to the system), so it is unclear (at least, it is to me) if consumer systems can actually do this. NAS users would probably have the answer already. In the comments of his article about the specification, Ryan Smith said it is done 'transparently':

On-die ECC is to improve the reliability of individual chips. Between the number of bits per chip getting quite high, and newer nodes getting successively harder to develop, the odds of a single-bit error is getting uncomfortably high. So on-die ECC is meant to counter that, by transparently dealing with single-bit errors.

It's similar in concept to error correction on SSDs (NAND): the error rate is high enough that a modern TLC SSD without error correction would be unusable without it. Otherwise if your chips had to be perfect, these ultra-fine processes would never yield well enough to be usable.

Which appears t suggest the opposite of what I'd assume it meant.

A funny, sort of related video (@ 35:40):

Last edited:

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
:) Yes!

"BUT" memory that would otherwise fail validation exactly as other generation/type memory would, has done, and will continue to do (until "Man" can create perfection). That is, not because suddenly and now with DDR5, the memory is otherwise inferior (or "poorer" :rolleyes: quality) than those previous generations.

Right, I can see where the controversy is coming from: it's all about intention from the memory mfrs.

First, let me preface this reply by saying that the first time I heard about on-die ECC is this thread (I've read all the posts) and having watched the video that @Tetras linked to, so my reply is based on this only.

Here's a thought experiment to illustrate the point and using made up values, not real ones.

Scenario 1
Imagine "regular" quality memory having a reliability of 2. If we add on-die ECC to it, the reliability doubles to 4. Wicked, everyone's happy, thumbs up.

Scenario 2
By the same token, memory with half the reliability of regular quality memory can be used which will have a reliability of 1. Doubling that with on-die ECC makes it 2, the same as regular memory. Is this such a good thing? Grey area, just the sort of thing I don't like.

In both scenarios, on-die ECC is doing exactly the same thing, but has more work to do as more errors have to be corrected during normal operation. Imagine the case where a DDR5 cell is faulty and is stuck at zero. The on-die ECC will correct it every time that it should have stored a one, lowering resiliency to random errors from the likes of cosmic rays etc.

It seems to me, that since the error rate inherently goes up as the cells get smaller (higher density), are clocked faster and run at a lower voltage, so some mitigating strategy like on-die ECC must be used to keep these errors under control. We're mitigating against the effects of physics here as well as using lower quality memory.

According to the video, the second scenario is the correct one however, and without expensive, esoteric test equipment and the requisite knowledge to operate it and understand the results, it's impossible for anyone other than the memory mfrs to know which scenario is correct. It could even be a blend of scenarios 1 and 2 for all we know.

Personally, I'd have more confidence in DDR5 if it didn't need on-die ECC to work properly and hence may choose a DDR4 system for my next upgrade due to this. I'd rather lose some performance (which is usually not very much) to get better reliability and peace of mind.

Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
Actually, I stand by what I said, I repeated the claim (with a definition) in my last post.
So you changed the accepted definition of "poorer" to something different and inaccurate, then declare you are right.

Got it. :rolleyes:

That video, IIRC, suggested this feature is used in the production process only. That is, on the individual chips by the chip makers. That is, BEFORE they are mounted on sticks by the stick makers. Therefore, I have to assume this is information not available to us consumers.

I am going to grab my jet-ski now and hit the bicycle trails. I know this is normally called a "bicycle", but I have decided to change the definition of bicycle. That means I am going to hit the jet-ski trail. ;)

Keyboard G710+x3
Hi,
A lot is assumed in memory department area corruption going all the way to new current ddr5 possible bugs
Op didn't get into setups/ oem or custom builds having these driver issues

But assuming people having issues with drivers are using xmp profiles or just oc'ing memory is a large jump imho to the op's question.

So you changed the accepted definition of "poorer" to something different and inaccurate, then declare you are right.

Got it. :rolleyes:

I never gave a definition in my initial post, I just said "poorer quality" and after that I said it is "so unreliable it needs on-die ECC". My subsequent definition just clarifies what memory quality means to me. I can't see any inconsistency there. I've stated my belief relative to DDR4 non-ecc and on-die ecc DDR5 and why I think it.

You don't agree and you've stated why my sources don't agree with my claim, I don't have a problem with that.

Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
and after that I said it is "so unreliable it needs on-die ECC".
Which is not correct! And it implies DDR4 is reliable because it does not need on-die ECC - also incorrect.
My subsequent definition just clarifies what memory quality means to me.
:( You cannot change the definitions of words so they now make sense to you. That is not how language works. If "poorer" doesn't define what you mean, then pick a different word! Don't keep pretending it means what ever you want it to mean.

Which is not correct! And it implies DDR4 is reliable because it does not need on-die ECC - also incorrect.

:( You cannot change the definitions of words so they now make sense to you. That is not how language works. If "poorer" doesn't define what you mean, then pick a different word! Don't keep pretending it means what ever you want it to mean.

About DDR4/DDR5: I have nothing to say to that, that I haven't already said. Not being difficult, I'm just happy to let what I've said stand.

About the definition: I honestly have no idea what you mean, might be better to take to PM at this point, if you wish.

System Name Main PC
Processor 13700k
Motherboard Asrock Z690 Steel Legend D4 - Bios 13.02
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory 32 Gig 3200CL14
Video Card(s) 3080 RTX FE 10G
Storage 1TB 980 PRO (OS, games), 2TB SN850X (games), 2TB DC P4600 (work), 2x 3TB WD Red, 2x 4TB WD Red
Display(s) LG 27GL850
Case Fractal Define R4
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D2X
Power Supply Antec HCG 750 Gold
Software Windows 10 21H2 LTSC
Corrupted data is usually bad hardware or hardware run out of spec.

I have seen people on steam believe its common place and every time someone has a problem they are told to redownload the game, but this is an example of advice that balloons due to it actually been the cause for a few people. Kind of like the old reboot to fix things.

When its not bad hardware it can be down to operator error e.g. download drivers on asynchronous write, then hard power off the machine within a few seconds of the download complete prompt.

There is next gen filesystems to reduce the risk considerably such as ZFS and REFS.

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
About the definition: I honestly have no idea what you mean, might be better to take to PM at this point, if you wish.
Yup you should.

Keyboard G710+x3
Hi,
Indeed drive issues is more likely than memory.

If you are very, VERY unlucky a cosmic ray can cause a bit flip and corrupt a file, as it passes through your computer o_O

You made me laugh. Of coarse you are right, but man that would be unfortunate, but also very funny.

EDIT: Try RMA your computer & tell the helpdesk it was hit by a "Gamma Ray Burst" from outer space. I can imagine the helpdesk laughing & not believing you.

Last edited: