• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What video card provides...

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Jesus!
Yeah I know it's that elusive dragon.
So unless I can get the "source" to offer up something other than 2 channel (like the internet) I can't get what I am looking for.
The "source code" is the issue nothing more?

MY GOD I want to stand in front of this and have them crank it to the max!

Bingo.

So your aim should be to get your hands on Atmos encoded lossless audio source material, and your average Youtube won't be having that, and even if it does, compression will likely kill its quality. You're better off having 2 lossless stereo channels and getting it virtualized then, rather than seven channels of chopped up crap.

trickson

OH, I have such a headache
System Name Ryzen TUF.
Processor AMD Ryzen7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus
Cooling Noctua
Memory Gskill RipJaws 3466MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TUF 1650 Super Clocked.
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-S750H
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Software Windows 10 64 bit Home OEM
Yes.

(50 posts later)
Fair enough.
I thought I had the state of the art equipment and I thought that I was doing something wrong.
I needed to make absolutely sure. I just spent like 10 thousand dollars on computers and audio and video equipment here. I mean I may be even at 12K now I am not even sure at this point! And I can not take the fact that I might have fucked up and all this cash was just a pure waste. I spent sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Much!
I have problems sleeping because of this at night.
Now that I know IT is just the "Source code" and that the internet strips everything to two channel that makes this a bit better to handle.

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Fair enough.
I thought I had the state of the art equipment and I thought that I was doing something wrong.
I needed to make absolutely sure. I just spent like 10 thousand dollars on computers and audio and video equipment here. I mean I may be even at 12K now I am not even sure at this point! And I can not take the fact that I might have fucked up and all this cash was just a pure waste. I spent sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Much!
I have problems sleeping because of this at night.
Now that I know IT is just the "Source code" and that the internet strips everything to one channel that makes this a bit better to handle.

Not one channel,,, that would be mono sound and nobody likes that. Stereo is the norm.

Hey look on the bright side. Even in stereo you can hear a helicopter fly from left to right :D

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Not one channel,,, that would be mono sound and nobody likes that. Stereo is the norm.

Hey look on the bright side. Even in stereo you can hear a helicopter fly from left to right :D
LOL Yeah I had a type "O" there.
Yeah the choppers sound so cool in Atmos MAN it's not the same when it is faked it's not as pronounced not at all.
And my partner was asking me did we just spend all that cash for nothing?!
Kinda got a thing here explain see? and have you ever tried to ask your 80 year old mother to hook up a stereo? Well now you know how I am feeling right now.

Now that I know IT is just the "Source code" and that the internet strips everything to two channel that makes this a bit better to handle.
Not the Internet. Certain streaming sources on the Internet. Certain others do not.

And let me add something else here that should be painfully obvious, but probably isn't. Even if YouTube, or Hulu, or Source X switches to streaming 7.1 HD audio, it's still not going to make a rats a*** difference unless the material they're streaming was originally recorded in that format, or better. Major Hollywood productions: probably yes. Old Seinfeld episodes: no.

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Not the Internet. Certain streaming sources on the Internet. Certain others do not.

And let me add something else here that should be painfully obvious, but probably isn't. Even if YouTube, or Hulu, or Source X switches to streaming 7.1 HD audio, it's still not going to make a rats a*** difference unless the material they're streaming was originally recorded in that format, or better. Major Hollywood productions: probably yes. Old Seinfeld episodes: no.
Noted Thank you.
This is exactly what I am talking about when I say things like the industry needs to catch up, See if the original recorded material is taken and well stripped or altered just because the service can't provide it means just that right!
And one more thing is when we buy services and they claim they have this or that only to find it is altered or emulated pisses me off I feel taken and fooled!

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Noted Thank you.
This is exactly what I am talking about when I say things like the industry needs to catch up, See if the original recorded material is taken and well stripped or altered just because the service can't provide it means just that right!
And one more thing is when we buy services and they claim they have this or that only to find it is altered or emulated pisses me off I feel taken and fooled!

That is only getting worse as more people request even bigger bits of data. There is a limit to what services can push over the line. Many of them also automatically alter the quality of the stream depending on the current load and your own bandwidth.

Are you being fooled, yes, all the time everywhere.

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
That is only getting worse as more people request even bigger bits of data. There is a limit to what services can push over the line. Many of them also automatically alter the quality of the stream depending on the current load and your own bandwidth.

Are you being fooled, yes, all the time everywhere.
Yeah I pay out the ASS for the highest speed possible and get hardly anything in return for all that extra bandwidth! I think I am getting ripped off. Might just got back to DSL!
So from now on till things change. I will set my Audio to just stereo for all streaming content as that is all they are willing to send over, Need that bandwidth for that 4k and 8k signal fuck your Audio system that video card needs to put out the FPS!

Last edited: