• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What's YOUR game of the year for 2021 ?

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
Haven't even played much but I'd still go for RE Village.
Man that game was terrible. Might as well been called Van Helsing the video game.

But the again, I can't name any other game released this year.

Processor AMD 5800X
Motherboard MSI MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI
Cooling Water Cooler SilverStone PF360-ARGB
Memory HyperX Fury, 32GB (4x8GB), 3600MHz, DDR4, CL17, HX436C17FB3K4/32
Video Card(s) RX 6800 XT Sapphire Nitro+ OC
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 34"
Power Supply Sharkoon 850W, 80 Plus Gold, SilentStorm CoolZero
Software Windows 11 21H2 Build 22000.318
For me this year pc gaming was really disappointing. Those that I played Ac Valhalla was good enough.

Processor i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz (H2O Cooled)
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Cooling CPU = EK Velocity / GPU = EK Vector
Memory 32GB - G-Skill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHz
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6900 XT (H2O Cooled)
Storage Samsung 860 EVO - 970 EVO - 870 QVO
Display(s) Samsung QN90A 50" 4K TV & LG 20" 1600x900
Case Lian Li O11-D
Audio Device(s) Presonus Studio 192
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 850W
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2S
Keyboard Matias RGB Backlit Keyboard
Software Windows 10 & macOS (Hackintosh)
I must be the out of touch old fool when I haven't even heard of the game that wins game of the year....I really live in my own bubble with games. I pay attention to what I enjoy and the rest is noise that gets filtered out.

Man that game was terrible. Might as well been called Van Helsing the video game.

But the again, I can't name any other game released this year.
Tormented Souls
it doesn't deserve game of the year......but it did the classic survival horror game right on. Mentioning because it's was released this year

And as much as I was "meh" on RE8 after a first playthrough, just the last month or two I have gone back now to do all the deeper stuff. Creeping towards 100% achievements after about 80hrs and 88% progress so far. It morphs into something different once you start unlocking things I think. I took the long road by the fact I accidentally selected to NOT save after my first completion....so had to wait until 2nd time through to unlock the store

System Name Nebulon-B Mk. 4
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 24 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 7800 XT
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 single-core: 1,800, multi-core: 18,000. Superposition 1080p Extreme: 9,900.
Cyberpunk 2077 is easily the most bitter disappointment I have ever had in my 25-year-long gaming career. To call it a disaster is being nice to it... I hope you like it, and more importantly, I hope the game itself is in far better shape than it was when it first came out. To me, the damage is done and the deal is sealed, maybe once the final update and DLC ships, I may try it again.

It is quite polarizing... some people seem to have undying love for it, others, such as myself, have never seen a stinker of that proportion, and consider it a biblical dookie beyond redemption... I guess it is best that you make that judgment for yourself. One thing is for certain, however... it is not the game that CDPR promised, marketed, and perhaps not even the one it intended to make. It just... is.
Don't take it personally, but I'm sick of people complaining about the release version of CP77. The game (in its current state) is fine, as it has been for the last 6 months or so. Try it now. ;) If you don't like it because of a feature, that's okay. Crying about bugs in an old version is like crying about your childhood mistakes. Totally pointless. Life goes on, people grow wiser, and games get fixed (sometimes after release, but still).

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Cyberpunk 2077 is easily the most bitter disappointment I have ever had in my 25-year-long gaming career. To call it a disaster is being nice to it... I hope you like it, and more importantly, I hope the game itself is in far better shape than it was when it first came out. To me, the damage is done and the deal is sealed, maybe once the final update and DLC ships, I may try it again.

It is quite polarizing... some people seem to have undying love for it, others, such as myself, have never seen a stinker of that proportion, and consider it a biblical dookie beyond redemption... I guess it is best that you make that judgment for yourself. One thing is for certain, however... it is not the game that CDPR promised, marketed, and perhaps not even the one it intended to make. It just... is.
So, hangonaminute. Because it came out flawed you refuse to update your opinion of it once they've fixed the problems which CDPR now largely have? That's completely illogical.

Processor AMD 5800X
Motherboard MSI MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI
Cooling Water Cooler SilverStone PF360-ARGB
Memory HyperX Fury, 32GB (4x8GB), 3600MHz, DDR4, CL17, HX436C17FB3K4/32
Video Card(s) RX 6800 XT Sapphire Nitro+ OC
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 34"
Power Supply Sharkoon 850W, 80 Plus Gold, SilentStorm CoolZero
Software Windows 11 21H2 Build 22000.318
For me cyberpunk was just a good game and that's the problem, like many I was hoping for a Witcher 3 quality, but all I got was an ubisoft level. The history had some good moments, but mostly it was meh. Combat was also just ok.

Kursah

Super Moderator
Staff member
System Name Kursah's Gaming Rig 2018 (2022 Upgrade) - Ryzen+ Edition | Gaming Laptop (Lenovo Legion 5i Pro 2022)
Processor R7 5800X @ Stock | i7 12700H @ Stock
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming BIOS 6203| Legion 5i Pro NM-E231
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S Push-Pull + NT-H1 | Stock Cooling
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 32GB (2x16) DDR4 4000 @ 3600 18-20-20-42 1.35v | 32GB DDR5 4800 (2x16)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 4070 JetStream 12GB | CPU-based Intel Iris XE + RTX 3070 8GB 150W
Storage 4TB SP UD90 NVME, 960GB SATA SSD, 2TB HDD | 1TB Samsung OEM NVME SSD + 4TB Crucial P3 Plus NVME SSD
Display(s) Acer 28" 4K VG280K x2 | 16" 2560x1600 built-in
Case Corsair 600C - Stock Fans on Low | Stock Metal/Plastic
Audio Device(s) Aune T1 mk1 > AKG K553 Pro + JVC HA-RX 700 (Equalizer APO + PeaceUI) | Bluetooth Earbuds (BX29)
Power Supply EVGA 750G2 Modular + APC Back-UPS Pro 1500 | 300W OEM (heavy use) or Lenovo Legion C135W GAN (light)
Mouse Logitech G502 | Logitech M330
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Core RGB | Built in Keyboard (Lenovo laptop KB FTW)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 | Windows 11 Home x64
  1. AI War 2 - GoTY, Indie GoTY
    1. Great asymmetrical strategy game that plays like an RTS, 4X, and something else, at the same time.
    2. Cool concepts and management style. Interesting research/upgrades.
    3. Badass AI opponent that will wipe the floor with you if you aren't careful.
    4. Easier to get into than AI War 1, an excellent 3D entry to the series.
    5. Would also get the "Most Underrated Game of 2021" IMHO.
  2. Creeper World 4 - Runner Up
    1. Great 3D entry to the series.
    2. Plays great, has provided tons of fun. I love the CW and PF series.
  3. Beyond All Reason - Free GoTY
    1. Best free TA-like/inspired RTS to ever exist IMHO.
    2. Has made a lot of progress that many other SpringRTS games never could accomplish.
    3. I don't find myself loading up TA, SupCom, or others anymore.
    4. For a free, indie, alpha, it plays great and is worth checking out.
  4. Satisfactory - Runner Up
    1. Special mention for my son whom feels this is GotY, the only reason it isn't for me is because I limited my time with it to avoid getting hooked on it...I don't have the time to invest right now. But coming into 2022, maybe!
  5. Sword of the Stars Complete / Stardrive 1 + BB Mod + CA Mod - Classic GoTY
    1. Two of my favorite 4X titles ever. SotS hasn't been beat or duplicated in many ways, and I hope someone will pick up that torch. We don't talk about SotS 2.
    2. Stardrive 1 w/o mods isn't worthy of this list, but with what I feel are the necessary mods, that being BlackBox and Combined Arms, changes the game...I'd call it a Distant Worlds: Universe-lite-ish but with better UI, graphics, ship design, and battles.
  6. Quake - Special Mention
    1. Recent updates refreshed this one, so, special mention.
    2. I loved this in the 90's, and enjoy it today. I've enjoyed the updates thus far, and getting my frag on. :)
Keep in mind I avoided most of the AAA games this year, and I tend to play older stuff now, hence #5. lol.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
Did I miss much?!, I can't count Horizon zero dawn can I? Too old?

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i5-12600KF 'stock power limits/-120mV undervolt+contact frame'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
Did I miss much?!, I can't count Horizon zero dawn can I? Too old?

I also played HZD this year on PC but its not exactly a 2021 game so I didn't mention it but otherwise I would say that was my best if I ignore the year.

Processor faster at instructions than yours
Motherboard more nurturing than yours
Cooling frostier than yours
Memory superior scheduling & haphazardly entry than yours
Video Card(s) better rasterization than yours
Storage more ample than yours
Display(s) increased pixels than yours
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) further audible than yours
Power Supply additional amps x volts than yours
Mouse without as much gnawing as yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
VR HMD not as odd looking as yours
Software extra mushier than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
My game of the year?...Civ 5 (it's the only game I played this year)

D

Deleted member 24505

Can't think of one that i would give a vote for. I have played plenty this year, Farcry 6, gedonia, Teardown, but can't think of any i would say are game of the year.

I've discovered that many of the old school RPG games from around the late 80's-90's have much more depth to them versus the stuff that is released nowadays. Granted, the graphics was atrocious in comparison to what we have now, but I think the lack of graphic realism encouraged RPG-type game designers to put more work into their games. Just for example, Wasteland, Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, Champions of Krynn, and especially World of Xeen(Clouds of Xeen & Darkside of Xeen), which had really good graphics for its time.
Another thing I don't like with some of the newer games is that they have way too many cut-scenes. The way I see it, if a game designer has to rely on frequent/long cut-scenes to tell the story of the game, then they most likely did a shit job of incorporating the story into the game and you end up with what I would call a compartmentalized game.

System Name Project Kairi Mk. IV "Eternal Thunder"
Processor 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KS Special Edition
Motherboard MSI MEG Z690 ACE (MS-7D27) BIOS 1G
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S + NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 w/ Thermalright BCF and NT-H1
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB 32GB DDR5-6800 F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 6400 MT/s 30-38-38-38-70-2
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB GDDR6X White OC Edition
Storage 1x WD Black SN750 500 GB NVMe + 4x WD VelociRaptor HLFS 300 GB HDDs
Display(s) 55-inch LG G3 OLED
Case Cooler Master MasterFrame 700
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio (classic) + Sony MDR-V7 cans
Power Supply EVGA 1300 G2 1.3kW 80+ Gold
Mouse Razer DeathAdder Essential Mercury White
Keyboard Redragon Shiva Lunar White
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2
Benchmark Scores "Speed isn't life, it just makes it go faster."
So, hangonaminute. Because it came out flawed you refuse to update your opinion of it once they've fixed the problems which CDPR now largely have? That's completely illogical.

My qualms with it are not the bugs or the quite low performance that plagued the game in its earlier days... it is pretty much the game itself. There is so much potential, yet so little has been done. So many things that were shamelessly cut. I feel like, at least the 2077 I played, was an unfinished prototype of a concept game... and while numerous bug fixes have been issued, there was no content update. The game needs major work, overhauls in some systems and quests that are more meaningful, you know?

I hope that there is redemption for this game yet. That throughout 2022, meaningful updates, both quality of life and content, as well as things that fans at large want (despite some denying it) such as third person camera support and some sort of character customization system come to the game, as well as things that make V's life choices mean something, you know?

Either way, like I said, I think this is a quite heated topic, and only you can decide if you enjoy the game for what it is or not. I hope you do, that would at least make me feel a little better about it. Cheers mate :toast:

Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 single-core: 1,800, multi-core: 18,000. Superposition 1080p Extreme: 9,900.
My qualms with it are not the bugs or the quite low performance that plagued the game in its earlier days... it is pretty much the game itself. There is so much potential, yet so little has been done. So many things that were shamelessly cut. I feel like, at least the 2077 I played, was an unfinished prototype of a concept game... and while numerous bug fixes have been issued, there was no content update. The game needs major work, overhauls in some systems and quests that are more meaningful, you know?

I hope that there is redemption for this game yet. That throughout 2022, meaningful updates, both quality of life and content, as well as things that fans at large want (despite some denying it) such as third person camera support and some sort of character customization system come to the game, as well as things that make V's life choices mean something, you know?

Either way, like I said, I think this is a quite heated topic, and only you can decide if you enjoy the game for what it is or not. I hope you do, that would at least make me feel a little better about it. Cheers mate :toast:
Oh I see now. :)

The way I see it, the game is fine if you take it as an Elder Scrolls / Fallout type "atmosphere simulator". The problem is that many people (rightfully) expected a futuristic Witcher 3 / GTA mashup. The game is not that. If you can accept it, you'll be in for a good experience. If you can't, that's understandable too. Personally for me, CP77 is just another reason why I never give a hoot about trailer videos and other pre-release PR crap.

I never buy new games, better to wait and then buy when sales come up and then play once i get some time to. I really wanted to play that ff7 remake but priced at 70 usd for a game that is 1 year and half old, i'm not stupid. I will wait for the steam version and at 20 usd or less.

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX3080 Deshrouded
Storage WD Black SN850X 2TB
Display(s) LG 42C2 4K OLED
Case Coolermaster NR200P
Audio Device(s) LG SN5Y / Focal Clear
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RBG Pro SE
Keyboard Glorious GMMK Compact w/pudding
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Software case populated with Artic P12's
Benchmark Scores 4k120 OLED Gsync bliss
I love that It Takes Two won, I played it through with my wife on the couch, using the shield to stream 4k60 from my PC. It looks absolutely stunning imo, the art style changes drastically several times over the game, and we just kept asking ourselves over and over "how many games in one is this game?". It never got stale, and managed to hit it's mark about 98% of the time, there is exceptionally little to criticise to me personally. Absolutely deserved win, insane creativity in a space where a lot of the AAA heavy hitters can feel and look and play so samey.

Aside from that probably a solid ~150 hours in MCC coop. Best mate and I do entire coop playthroughs adding various skulls along the way, current run which we're just over halfway through I made a metal print for the both of us (his is a housewarming present) to commemorate how much MCC we play. It really is the gift that keeps on giving.

20211202_162627.jpg

Last edited:
Processor Intel Core i5 12400F Alder Lake Hex-Core Processor @ 2.5 GHz
Motherboard Asrock B760M Pro RS/D4
Cooling Thermalright Assassin 120X Refined SE
Memory 16GB DDR4 2666MHz Dual Channel Corsair Vengeance LPX
Video Card(s) Asus RTX2060-DUAL-O6G EVO (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060)
Storage 1TB Samsung PM9A1 NVMe + 500GB Crucial P3 NVMe + 2TB WD Black P10 External HDD
Display(s) Asus VG278Q TN Full HD 144Hz Gaming Monitor
Case MSI MAG Shield 110R
Audio Device(s) Logitech G Pro X Wireless Gaming Headset
Power Supply CoolerMaster MWE Bronze v2 450W
Mouse Razer Viper V3 Hyperspeed w/ Hyperpolling Dongle + Razer Deathadder V3 Wired
Keyboard VGN VXE ATK68 Gateron Mechanical Hall-Effect| Monka 3075 V2 Pro Cherry Powder
Software AtlasOS v0.4
Yeah. Its VERY skill based though. Played a bit... trial and error is the name of the game. Not something Im capable of for too long :D

That sounds scary, I'll keep that in mind lol :D

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
I've discovered that many of the old school RPG games from around the late 80's-90's have much more depth to them versus the stuff that is released nowadays. Granted, the graphics was atrocious in comparison to what we have now, but I think the lack of graphic realism encouraged RPG-type game designers to put more work into their games. Just for example, Wasteland, Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, Champions of Krynn, and especially World of Xeen(Clouds of Xeen & Darkside of Xeen), which had really good graphics for its time.
Another thing I don't like with some of the newer games is that they have way too many cut-scenes. The way I see it, if a game designer has to rely on frequent/long cut-scenes to tell the story of the game, then they most likely did a shit job of incorporating the story into the game and you end up with what I would call a compartmentalized game.
Agreed 100%

Software Windows 10 Pro
I agree, though some old games are equally guilty of this (if not more) due to technological limitations. Game engines of the '90s didn't have the capability to display complex animations and sound, so inter-mission cutscenes were a typical solution. Old games were also sliced into separate levels more than new games are. You could ignore the cutscenes and just tear through the levels, but that broke the immersion, imo, which is ironically the same effect that excessive cutscenes have in modern games. When cutscenes were the only part of the game that told any story, you had to rely on them. Nowadays, when game engines can do everything, you don't need cutscenes so much anymore.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Don't take it personally, but I'm sick of people complaining about the release version of CP77. The game (in its current state) is fine, as it has been for the last 6 months or so. Try it now. ;) If you don't like it because of a feature, that's okay. Crying about bugs in an old version is like crying about your childhood mistakes. Totally pointless. Life goes on, people grow wiser, and games get fixed (sometimes after release, but still).
When did you play the game? I don't recognize anything of what you're saying here regarding the last 6 months... There have been versions with more post launch issues than the initial one.

The game is still flawed, buggy, and has elements that are not working properly. Floaty assets, utterly silly AI (up to the point of immersion breaking, and painfully slow while you're quite fast yourself, the difficulty is determined by them onehitting you with a bullet) and balancing, and several quest related bugs were all part of my post 1.31 playthrough.
You can still easily break something by doing stuff 'too fast' for the game logic to keep up.

And these 'flaws' are also still in the game. Content seems to be missing or unfinished, lacking coherency with the rest of the game, interactivity is still missing from places you'd expect it, etc etc etc.

I'm really not sure what changed positively in the PC version since launch, to be fair ;) I'm also sharing your careful optimism here hoping for the same in 2022. The game has untapped potential.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
The game is still flawed, buggy, and has elements that are not working properly. Floaty assets, utterly silly AI (up to the point of immersion breaking, and painfully slow while you're quite fast yourself, the difficulty is determined by them onehitting you with a bullet) and balancing, and several quest related bugs were all part of my post 1.31 playthrough.
You can still easily break something by doing stuff 'too fast' for the game logic to keep up.
Oh gawd should be "fun" then.

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Oh gawd should be "fun" then.

Well much like Auswolf is saying, it really matters how much you let that deter your enjoyment. It didn't really kill mine, because OTOH the game has so many awesome places to look at. The world 'works' in conveying that cyberpunk setting, in a lot of places, in various cool ways. As a backdrop / atmosphere simulator the game really does work. That's also kinda why I'm hoping for more interactivity. This game is better played as a GTA than as a Mass Effect, but the part of the game they really 'finished' is the linear Mass Effect storyline, basically. So that might also explain the total confusion in the community/fanbase.

Software Windows 10 Pro
When did you play the game? I don't recognize anything of what you're saying here regarding the last 6 months... There have been versions with more post launch issues than the initial one.
I started playing it at version 1.2 or 1.21 (I can't remember) and finished it at 1.3. I never said that the game was perfect, but I didn't encounter any major flaw that could break my immersion. The couple of floating objects and minor graphical glitches are easily forgivable, imo. You don't encounter them as much as YouTube videos like to suggest by far. In my 91-hour playthrough the game glitched out maybe a handful of times at most.

Maybe that's the key: I'm a slow player who prefers taking in every drop of the atmosphere. I hate fast-paced shooters and a playthrough of any game takes me about 1.5-2x as much as an average Joe. I tend to enjoy the environment, consider every possible action and loot every lootable crate before moving on. If you slowly enjoy 98% of a bottle of wine, you won't complain about the bits on the bottom. If you prefer it bottoms up, though... ;)

I must be the out of touch old fool when I haven't even heard of the game that wins game of the year....I really live in my own bubble with games. I pay attention to what I enjoy and the rest is noise that gets filtered out.
It's the only sane thing to do. Speaking as someone who's been PC gaming since 1987, trust me when I say what modern Game Journalists (tm) gush over and what gamers actually enjoy have never been so completely separate from each other. Same situation with Hollywood movies with this chart speaking for itself...

I've discovered that many of the old school RPG games from around the late 80's-90's have much more depth to them versus the stuff that is released nowadays. Granted, the graphics was atrocious in comparison to what we have now, but I think the lack of graphic realism encouraged RPG-type game designers to put more work into their games.
The 90's were a positive explosion in creativity (ie, new IP was coming out so thick & fast it was almost hard to stay on top of, devs being willing to experiment and create new franchises every 3-4 years vs today's "let's recycle the same 'safe' 90's / early 2000's IP to death over & over" which is just triggering "Franchise Fatigue" in many of us). The best litmus test of all to dispel accusations of "it must all be nostalgia" is to play a hyped 90's title you missed originally and have only played for the first time recently. Eg, I only played Planescape Torment for the first time in around 2016 (17 years post release). The hype is well deserved for being one of the most unusual and creative RPG's without any prior "nostalgia goggles". Somehow I don't think I'll be feeling the same way about playing many generic / over-sequeled 2021 titles for the first time in 2038...

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
It's the only sane thing to do. Speaking as someone who's been PC gaming since 1987, trust me when I say what modern Game Journalists (tm) gush over and what gamers actually enjoy have never been so completely separate from each other. Same situation with Hollywood movies with this chart speaking for itself...

The 90's were a positive explosion in creativity (ie, new IP was coming out so thick & fast it was almost hard to stay on top of, devs being willing to experiment and create new franchises every 3-4 years vs today's "let's recycle the same 'safe' 90's / early 2000's IP to death over & over" which is just triggering "Franchise Fatigue" in many of us). The best litmus test of all to dispel accusations of "it must all be nostalgia" is to play a hyped 90's title you missed originally and have only played for the first time recently. Eg, I only played Planescape Torment for the first time in around 2016 (17 years post release). The hype is well deserved for being one of the most unusual and creative RPG's without any prior "nostalgia goggles". Somehow I don't think I'll be feeling the same way about playing many generic / over-sequeled 2021 titles for the first time in 2038...

So much this. Nostalgia isn't just 'oh its something I used to play'. It happens to a lot of creative works, its all iterative in a way, everyone borrows from one another and a lot of things 'have already been done'. Originality isn't a bottomless pit, so over time you get more and more works that are trying but failing to look/feel original. And originality is synonymous for that sense of discovery many games offer or seek to offer. If its not new, its going to get compared to what was already there, and it has to improve on it in every way.

A hard task. And in that creative search a lot of people get it wrong, or make a twist the community doesn't like at all. And then there is the all-consuming commercial drive, which more often than not kills creativity and originality from another angle. New is risky, because the last trick got X sales, and replay value must be controlled because what if gamers don't buy the sequel, and how else will you sell all those breadcrumbs of DLC content?

And let's face it... many older games are mechanically completely sound, balanced and offered sufficient depth. Instead of expanding upon that, we got simplification to cater to mainstream/casual gamers entering the market. People saying 'nostalgia clouds your view'... apparently didn't figure this out just yet, or they never noticed to begin with. In the same way, newer games can offer a different take on balancing that just needs to grow on you.