• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

wireless issue

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
Processor Intel Kentsfield Q9650 @ 3.8GHz (4.2GHz highest achieved)
Motherboard ASUS P5E3 Deluxe/WiFi; X38 NSB, ICH9R SSB
Cooling Delta V3 block, XPSC res, 120x3 rad, ST 1/2" pump - 10 fans, SYSTRIN HDD cooler, Antec HDD cooler
Memory Dual channel 8GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 @ 1800MHz @ 7-7-7-20 1T
Video Card(s) Quadfire: (2) Sapphire HD5970
Storage (2) WD VelociRaptor 300GB SATA-300; WD 320GB SATA-300; WD 200GB UATA + WD 160GB UATA
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster T240 24" (16:10)
Case Cooler Master Stacker 830
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro PCI-E x1
Power Supply Kingwin Mach1 1200W modular
Software Windows XP Home SP3; Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Benchmark Scores 3m06: 20270 here: http://hwbot.org/user.do?userId=12313
alright - this issue has cropped up since the last round of WIN updates, and I can't pin it down to one specific (although, I believe related to either the .NET 1.1 or 2.0 updates) . . .

anyhow, at boot to desktop, I get an error stating: generic host for win32 has caused an error and needs to close - refrencing repdrvfs.dll (I get the feeling this service error is related)

So, the wireless adapter sees the router just fine. But, on occasion, it drops connection (unusually, XP also takes on the appearance characteristics of WIN Classic when it does this :wtf:); or,if I disconnect from the router, I can't reconnect. Although, the connection icon will still read a strong signal, I lose connection to the i-net. Trying to hit repair goes through the whole deal, but stops saying it cannot register with DNS. Only thing I can do at this point to regain connection is to reboot the system.

Odd, though, I can still connect to the routers IP, and I can still ping both the router and a ISP server . . . but no internet connection :wtf:

ideas?

(go figure, XP starts acting up right after I finally get around to activating this installation :shadedshu)