• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Worlds lightest Orbea Oiz XC bike

• Thread starter Deleted member 24505
  • Start date
System Name Juliette // HTPC
Processor Intel i7 9700K // AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard ASUS Prime Z390X-A // ASRock B550 ITX-AC
Cooling Noctua NH-U12 Black // Stock
Memory Corsair DDR4 3600 32gb //G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3600
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX4070 OC// GTX 1650
Storage Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1Tb, Intel 665p Series M.2 2280 1TB // Samsung 1Tb SSD
Display(s) ASUS VP348QGL 34" Quad HD 3440 x 1440 // 55" LG 4K SK8000 Series
Case Seasonic SYNCRO Q7// Silverstone Granada GD05
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 // HDMI to Samsung HW-R650 sound bar
Power Supply Seasonic SYNCRO 750 W // CORSAIR Vengeance 650M
Mouse Cooler Master MM710 53G
Keyboard Logitech 920-009300 G512 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro // Windows 10 Pro
There are reasons for an e bike you're not considering
Where I ride uphill is very difficult, in fact most of the heavy DH bike get walked up hill. I like to ride up, always have. It takes 50 minutes to climb a hill. People with e bike are make 4 or 5 loops instead of 2. I want to ride more, nothing wrong with that.

Again, 10 years ago I was dead set against e bikes. Not so any longer. I want one to add to my bike collection. Search Black Rock Oregon. I live 20 minutes from there

Last edited:
Or you clinch your ass cheeks together and just drive. Motivation is everything. E bikes are really like a cheat code, what is this weird mix of bike and motorcycle, I hated it since I first saw it, it’s for losers, I’m sorry.
e-bikes have legit uses. If you have an existing condition holding your fitness back or are getting up there in age, e-bikes get you into a sport that would otherwise be a painful grind or out of reach entirely. People also use them on longer commutes that would either take way to long on regular bike or turn you into sweaty mess. Also, I don't think you understand how e-bikes from traditional bike manufactures work, they only assist you; they have different levels of assist but if you don't put power into the pedals they don't do anything so you are still getting cardio in.

System Name EA-ZEN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D with -50mW UV
Motherboard Asus X570
Cooling Big Air
Memory 2x16 GB DDR4 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 2080 Ti Strix highly OC’ed
Storage 1 TB NVME, 500 GB SSD etc
Display(s) 2x 27”, main: curved 144Hz SVA with BLS and HDR
Case Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Z906 5.1 and Audeze Headphones, Shure SM7B mic
Power Supply Enough
Mouse Old but gold
Keyboard Mechanical Cherry Brown
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores A lot
e-bikes have legit uses.
Never doubted that, I was just explaining why it’s not for me.

they have different levels of assist but if you don't put power into the pedals they don't do anything so you are still getting cardio in.
Seems to be everyone has different opinions on this, one guy says people are just driving via motor, other guy says it gives you cardio training, which I really doubt. I bet it’s a nice placebo though. Like pretending to be running but just walking a bit outside.

Memory Corsair DDR4 3600 32gb //G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3600
Storage Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1Tb, Intel 665p Series M.2 2280 1TB // Samsung 1Tb SSD

Seems to be everyone has different opinions on this, one guy says people are just driving via motor, other guy says it gives you cardio training, which I really doubt. I bet it’s a nice placebo though. Like pretending to be running but just walking a bit outside.
The changes in e bikes in the last 3 years have been just this. The motor helps you maintain a cadence. Nothing more, if it feels your backing off, it helps you in maintain the cadence. The percentage of help depends on the setting you select. Anything from 10% to 80%. If you stop peddling, it stops helping. But it comes at a cost. The cheaper e bikes don't do this

Its not for me either but like you I don't have a need for one. You said it was cheat codes and for losers, if I did have a legitimate use cause for one I would find that statement offensive.

Its not my opinion, thats how they work. Its an assist; you can go further and/or faster for a given effort you put in but you are still putting in that effort.

System Name EA-ZEN
Motherboard Asus X570
Cooling Big Air
Case Full Tower
Power Supply Enough
Mouse Old but gold
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores A lot
If I’m doing it for training I don’t need a e bike, if I’m joyriding I’m buying a motorcycle I’m not a fan of mixed bags.
You said it was cheat codes and for losers
Go pick on the guy who originally said that, I just agreed.

System Name EA-ZEN
Motherboard Asus X570
Cooling Big Air
Case Full Tower
Power Supply Enough
Mouse Old but gold
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores A lot
Nah, they should be able to infer how I feel about their comment based on my reaction to yours.
The arguments for e bikes are weak so far.

- joy riders who want to drive up and down, the few people who want to do that
- old people who can’t bike anymore, okay
- people who just need a transport, there’s better things than e bikes for that.

Yea good luck convincing me, won’t happen. It’s a meaningless discussion kinda. And I don’t see why someone who doesn’t need or like e bikes is so defensive of those.

HammerON

The Watchful Moderator
Staff member
System Name Threadripper
Processor 3960X
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix TRX40-XE
Cooling XSPC Raystorm Neo (sTR4) Water Block
Memory G. Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB 3600
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4090
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB + WD Black SN850 1TB
Display(s) Dell 32" Curved Gaming Monitor (S3220DGF)
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) On-board
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G5
Mouse Roccat Kone Pure
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Always changing~
Please remember to respect other's opinions. If you cannot, I will help you:) keep it civil folks.
Carry on!

On topic, I have a Trek but don't ride like I used to when I was younger. It's not the lightest, but not the heaviest either (14.40 kg / 31.75 lbs). I like the idea of e-bikes and will probably get one eventually.

Last edited:
The arguments for e bikes are weak so far.

- joy riders who want to drive up and down, the few people who want to do that
- old people who can’t bike anymore, okay
- people who just need a transport, there’s better things than e bikes for that.

Yea good luck convincing me, won’t happen. It’s a meaningless discussion kinda. And I don’t see why someone who doesn’t need or like e bikes is so defensive of those.
Convincing you or anyone else is really of little consequence but the bottom line is e-bikes are get people out doors breathing fresh air and exercising that otherwise couldn't, (and it is exercise regardless or whatever your opinion of it is) and we really shouldn't be shaming people and calling them losers for that.

System Name EA-ZEN
Motherboard Asus X570
Cooling Big Air
Case Full Tower
Power Supply Enough
Mouse Old but gold
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores A lot
Convincing you or anyone else is really of little consequence but the bottom line is e-bikes are get people out doors breathing fresh air and exercising that otherwise couldn't, (and it is exercise regardless or whatever your opinion of it is) and we really shouldn't be shaming people and calling them losers for that.
i can’t remember calling disabled people losers, but enjoy your high horse and remember air gets thin up there. I don’t need to justify myself to you either. This is typical internet nonsense with people pretending to be better etc.

System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Logitech M190
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
Sorry for joining a bit late. Let me start by saying I'm 70. Old yes, but then I just talked to my 99 year old aunt.

A little background. I rode a lot up until I was 30. Then life, kids, military got in the way. Fast forward 25 years and I picked it up again with a decent hybrid. Then about 8 years ago, I decided to plunk down some serious change (for me) on a decent road bike.

Note that exercise is work. Work is a dirty 4-letter word. I'm retired. I don't work anymore. I ride because I love to ride. Jogging is work. And it hurts my joints.

Being retired, I ride everyday it is above 60°F and not raining. I road my bike (Trek Emonda carbon) 4,729 miles last year. Plus another 500 miles with my hybrid on crushed rock. I can ride 30+ miles, 2 1/2+ hours in a single outing no problem (with a proper application of butt-butter, of course). But if I walk 3 blocks to the Post Office and back, my hip and knee start killing me.

I live within a mile of the Missouri River in the Omaha, NE, Council Bluffs, IA metro area. There are 100s of miles of flood control levees throughout the area with bike trails sitting on top. The only hills are those that go under roads.

To my point - eBikes are ruining it for us regular pushers. It does not help they have put eBike rental stations throughout the metro area either.

It is not the folks that @Operandi describes above in Post #52 who are the problem. It is the younger (16 - 24 year "kids") who speed along and fail to follow trail etiquette (announce your presence when passing, single file when passing, staying to right, etc.). It is also the weekenders who otherwise would not ride, who ride 2 and 3 abreast, fail to watch for who is coming (even from the front! :kookoo: ) then act like we disciplined riders are the problem when we yell well in advance, "Heads-up" or "On your left"! :( :mad:

Any way, when eBikes first came out and got popular, I felt (and in some cases still believe) those people were "cheating". Now (at age 70), I am thinking if an eBike will keep me riding when I get old ;) I will probably join their ranks and get one too.

System Name Shizuka
Processor Intel Core i5 10400F
Motherboard Gigabyte B460M Aorus Pro
Cooling Scythe Choten
Memory 2x8GB G.Skill Aegis 2666 MHz
Video Card(s) PowerColor Red Dragon V2 RX 580 8GB ~100 watts in Wattman
Storage 512GB WD Blue + 256GB WD Green + 4TH Toshiba X300
Display(s) BenQ BL2420PT
Case Cooler Master Silencio S400
Audio Device(s) Topping D10 + AIWA NSX-V70
Power Supply Chieftec A90 550W (GDP-550C)
Mouse Steel Series Rival 100
Keyboard Hama SL 570
Software Windows 10 Enterprise
The number of cyclists I encounter who cycle for fitness are ... very few. Most do it because it's convenient and nice on some days. The fitness benefit rarely has anything to do with it, and I live in a very flat place so it's not like there's any challange to be had anywhere. And as far as doing something that is more natural, why not run instead? Way purer than biking.
I just drive like a madman. It's mostly for fun tho. The biggest benefit is that MTB is basically a motorless urban SUV basically. You can drive where pedestrians walk, but you can also drive in mud, sand, grass or whatever really. Don't like walking, but want to go fast, but you are weak, bicycle it is. Unlike those e-scooters and other Chinese crap, a bicycle has basically no cost per ride (it's decade and my tires still hold up and there's no dry rotting or other crap, they are still good and you have big diameter wheels, so you can actually use it offroad. Those e-scooters can't even go over pothole or curb, they are borderline useless even in city, because curbs are inevitable and so are unmaintained roads with potholes and rocks.

System Name 06/2023
Processor R7 7800X3D
Motherboard ROG STRIX B650E-I GAMING WIFI
Cooling Custom 240mm cooling (for CPU) with noctua nfa12x25 and Phantek T30
Memory 32gb Gskill 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 dual asus deshrouded with 120mm NF-A12x25
Storage 2tb samsung 990 pro + 4tb samsung 870 evo
Display(s) Asus 27" Oled PG27AQDM + Asus 27" IPS PG279QM
Case Ncase M1 v6.1
Audio Device(s) Steelseries arctis pro wireless + Shure SM7b with Steinberg UR
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Corsair scimitar pro (this mouse need an overall guys pls) + Logitech G Pro wireless with powerplay
Keyboard Sharkoon purewriter
Software windows 11
Benchmark Scores Over 9000 !
Good, I’m saying never, a bike for me is something to power with my own body, entirely, no compromises. If I want a motor I drive a car or a motorcycle. It’s a philosophy I have, so you can take my “never” entirely serious.

The problem in your philosophy it's that you still drive a car or motorcycle in 2022. I can do everything with the ebike 100x more efficient.

I live within a mile of the Missouri River in the Omaha, NE, Council Bluffs, IA metro area. There are 100s of miles of flood control levees throughout the area with bike trails sitting on top. The only hills are those that go under roads.

To my point - eBikes are ruining it for us regular pushers. It does not help they have put eBike rental stations throughout the metro area either.

It is not the folks that @Operandi describes above in Post #52 who are the problem. It is the younger (16 - 24 year "kids") who speed along and fail to follow trail etiquette (announce your presence when passing, single file when passing, staying to right, etc.). It is also the weekenders who otherwise would not ride, who ride 2 and 3 abreast, fail to watch for who is coming (even from the front! :kookoo: ) then act like we disciplined riders are the problem when we yell well in advance, "Heads-up" or "On your left"! :( :mad:

Any way, when eBikes first came out and got popular, I felt (and in some cases still believe) those people were "cheating". Now (at age 70), I am thinking if an eBike will keep me riding when I get old ;) I will probably join their ranks and get one too.
I'm sure your experience varies depending on where you live, I live just outside of the city but its about 1/5 the size of Omaha. Whenever I see e-bikes its mostly around town in the downtown area and occasionally at the bike rack at work and they are usually cheapie hybrids. I rarely if ever run into them when I'm commuting and when I do they are usually going slower than I am. The general stupidity on bikes I see is almost always in social and economically disadvantaged areas of town on traditional bikes. I don't think I've ever seen a road e-bike when I'm on out on longer 50+ mile road rides and I think e-mountain bikes are not allowed on the trails ("trails" being technical single track, not bike paths) here, though I don't think anyone would ever really enforce it unless someone starts doing something dumb like derestricting the motor and tears up the trail.

I do see a lot of kids on electric scooters that would have probably been on bikes 10 years ago but thats just bad parenting. However on the other hand we also have HS mountain biking and I sometimes run into them on the trails training or just otherwise riding and they are definitely doing it right so theres that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 24505

I can ride 30+ miles, 2 1/2+ hours in a single outing no problem (with a proper application of butt-butter, of course).

I'm 54, have done 100 mile rides, and avg with my group is 30+, wtf is bum butter. i do not wear padded shorts or put any kind of gunk on my ass and have never had any problem riding long/er rides. Well done on being a regular cyclist though as i am, and regularly ride 100-200 miles a week.