• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X1900 Launch Analysis by NVIDIA

TooFast

System Name OVERKILL
Processor INTEL I7 965@ 3.6
Motherboard ASUS RAMPAGE 2
Cooling STOCK
Memory 6GB DDR3 1333
Video Card(s) ATI HD 5970
Storage 4X 60GB SSD RAID 0
Display(s) 30 INCH DELL
Case ANTEC 1200
Audio Device(s) XFI-PCI-E
Power Supply CORSAIR 1000WATT
Software WIN 7
Benchmark Scores netcore.24 COD4 server 76.65.250.134:28960
Dippyskoodlez said:
this is uncalled for and annoying.. if you dont wish to post something even partially useful, please save w1zzard some bandwidth ;)

btw, why didnt you go with the 30" apple? :) Its so much more beautiful than the 23 lol :toast:

but nice system. love to see mac os x on it.

sorry my bad, but for now ati is in the lead;)

zOaib

System Name BabaJinn's U.F.O
Processor Intel Core i7 975 Extreme @ 3.8 ghz (for now)
Motherboard Asus Rampage Xtreme II X58
Cooling ZALMAN 9900 CPU COOLER Led
Memory 12GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers (Blue Led) 1600 DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI NVIDIA GTX 480 1.5 GB DDR5 384-BIT
Storage 2 x WD Velociraptor 10k rpm 300GB sata + 2x 500GB WD Caviar Sata + 320 GB Seagate Barracuda Sata
Display(s) DELL U2711 27inch Goodness @ 2560 x 1440
Case Mountain-Mods U2-UFO Custom Case (Made in USA)
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX X-Fi MB (Creative)
Power Supply ZALMAN 1000W PSU MODULAR
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (Retail Version)
TooFast said:
sorry my bad, but for now ati is in the lead;)

u need to post a pic of your x1900xt crossfire setup soi we can all drool here :D

jydie

Processor Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (socket 939)
Motherboard ASUS A8R-MVP Express200
Cooling Standard AMD CPU Heatsink/Fan
Memory 1GB Geil PC3200
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon X1900GT
Storage 2 Maxtor 7200 HDD (80GB)
Display(s) Samsung 19" LCD
Case Yellow Chieftech Dragon
Audio Device(s) integrated
Power Supply Thermaltake TT-420AD
Software Windows XP Home
I am glad that there are 2 major video card developers in the field. Competition is great. I really do not like it when either slams the other though. Let your products do the "talking". The consumer and magazine reviews will do plenty of "talking". I have had great luck with ATI cards in the past and their All-In-Wonder cards have almost no competition. I honestly think that the few nvidia cards I have had in the past run a little to hot. Even the lowly 5200 runs extremely hot and can barely play a game at 800x600... not sure why they ever made that card... it is almost worthless.

Both ATI and Nvidia seem to have some great cards on the upper end, but I will not be able to afford those for a few years, so I can not comment on them. Honestly, both Crossfire and SLI seem like overkill to me... that and a way for people to waste another $500 so they can play their games at 200 FPS and use their system as a space heater.

ATI has many great options in the $75-$150 range. I strongly recommend going with an ATI 9600XT, 9800 PRO, or X800 if you have an AGP port. If you have PCI-E, go with the X700 PRO, or even better the X800 PRO/GTO... the X1600's also look good, but I have not had the chance to try them out yet. Nvidia's 6800 GS is nearing this price range, and it may be a decent card to look into. I have never used one yet, so I do not know how it benches or what temps it runs at. You can try your luck with a 6600 GT, but the ones I have had run hot and did not have a long life-span.

Keep the cards coming ATI and Nvdia. This is a great time to be a PC gaming consumer. :)

Dreamchaser

Processor AMD FX 55 2.6Ghz o/c @ 3.03Ghz
Motherboard MSI K8N Diamond
Cooling Vapochill xe Temp. idle -29c Underload -16c
Memory OCZ PC4400 @ 504Mhz 2.5:4:3:5 T1 command rate
Video Card(s) ATI 850XTPE 540Mhz o/c @ 643Mhz on H2O cooling
Storage 4xSeagate in Raid 0
Display(s) 21" Compaq (Mitsubishi diamondtron)
Audio Device(s) Creative soundBlaster Audigy2 ZS
Power Supply OCZ 520watt
Software Windows xp pro. sp2
Nvidia's trying to CON the Consumer

The idiots at Nvidia think gamers likes us r stupid to believe what they have posted on the internet.
If you noticed, in the past they did the same thing, attacking ATI"s hardware (GPU) claiming that their cards runs faster and better in technological overall, and they did it again this time!
If ATI started to post thier comments on the internt, I personally don't blame them for doing so! (who's started the fight first?)
Yeah I agree the fact that they had had this SLI out first, but look at how many people can actually afford two expensive cards.For me , I just barely afford one.
Yes, bothe Crossfire and SLI are great for gamers who can afford it, but I read on the internet, one of the site did a comparision b/w a single card Vs. crossfire and SLI to see if there is any exceptional gain in FPS. The end result was that it's not worth your hard-earn cash! What they advised people is to buy the fastest single card and still provides you with excellent game play.

Anyway, stupid Nvidia are always think people are dumb and I hate their logo "The way it's meant to be Played" program that inserted into most games that I played .....I don't want to see that crap everytime I load up me games
Any thoghts on this guys?
Tell me what you think anyway

Processor Intel i5 8600k @5Ghz
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING
Cooling XSPC Water Cooling kit
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200 16GB
Video Card(s) Asus ROG STRIX RTX 2080
Storage Samsung 960 Evo NVMe PCIe M.2 500GB
Display(s) Acer Predator XB273U GXbmiipruzx
Case Phanteks Enthoo Luxe PH-ES614LTG_BK
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1000W
Software Win 10
There is more the 10 different websites where x1900xt/xtx were reviewed. 80% of these websites of course were comparing x1900xtx vs 7800gt 512 and in most cases ati outperforms nboyz. My question now is that this, does nVidia really think that we are that stupid to look at the benchmark numbers they made up and believe them when we have other sources that do not support or proof their bull sh!t.

MissingXtension

you know when i read this i though more people were going to be suckered by this (like bushies). I am surprised to see such ekepticism, and its good people are asking questions. But the main point that has to be made is that Nvidia thinks they can set theyre own prices even though the reason they beat out the voodoo had to with a low end feature rich (riva) card that still packed the punch. In Cnet nvidia said they had 600 dollar plus video cards because people were willing to pay for them. I am an ATI whore i love my AIW9800pro and the fact that its ATI. Nvidia forgot about theyre victory over 3dfx (witch i regret i still have my 3500)and that is theyre down fall. for the price they want ive been looking at some profesional cards like fire gl and wildcats because if consumer cards are going to be that expensive i migh as well get an industrial grade single chip config.

TooFast

System Name OVERKILL
Processor INTEL I7 965@ 3.6
Motherboard ASUS RAMPAGE 2
Cooling STOCK
Memory 6GB DDR3 1333
Video Card(s) ATI HD 5970
Storage 4X 60GB SSD RAID 0
Display(s) 30 INCH DELL
Case ANTEC 1200
Audio Device(s) XFI-PCI-E
Power Supply CORSAIR 1000WATT
Software WIN 7
Benchmark Scores netcore.24 COD4 server 76.65.250.134:28960
It is a FACT that ATI cards are in the lead!

Dreamchaser

Power Supply OCZ 520watt
:toast: You're are right buddy!!
Just let the N-nerd post their stupid comments about Ati and more people will stay away from them lol:roll:

zOaib

Storage 2 x WD Velociraptor 10k rpm 300GB sata + 2x 500GB WD Caviar Sata + 320 GB Seagate Barracuda Sata
VIVA LA RADEON ! :rockout:

Cybie1111

Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 @ 3.33 Ghz 1333 FSB
Motherboard Gigabyte P965-DS3 rev 1.0
Cooling Zalman CNPS 9700 Cooler
Memory Patriot Viper 4 GB (2x2GB) DDR2 800
Video Card(s) (Sapphire) ATi Radeon HD 4870 1GB
Storage Western Digital 160GB/500GB Drive + Seagate 320GB Drive
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster T240HD 24" HDTV
Case CoolerMaster Stacker 832 Full Tower Case
Audio Device(s) SB X-Fi Platinum
Power Supply Enermax Liberty 620 Watt Modular
Software Dual Boot Windows Vista Ultimate / Windows XP Pro
zOaib said:
VIVA LA RADEON ! :rockout:
Was that necessary? :laugh:

We dont need anymore fanboy posts.

My next card will be nVidia since I switch to different brands of graphics maybe just to piss off my uncle because I just cant stick to one brand (he sticks to ATi). The other system I have at home uses the GeForce 5200 now before I got this system with my X700 a year ago. The other system was not suppose to be a gaming system but its sufficent for my parents for office use now.

Last edited:

Jodiuh

Wow...some of these comments are taken so out of context. And who sees these slides anyway? I've only seen them here and on other forums, lol! I know they're not for us, or does NV really think we're that dumb? Maybe it's for the OEMS? Who knows.

Someone put together a list of benchmarks from 20 or so sites that looked at the r580. Anyone
know, got that link handy?

inotocracy

Polaris573

Senior Moderator
Processor LGA 775 Intel Q9550 2.8 Ghz
Motherboard MSI P7N Diamond - 780i Chipset
Cooling Arctic Freezer
Memory 6GB G.Skill DDRII 800 4-4-3-5
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 7850 2 GB PCI-E
Storage 1 TB Seagate 32MB Cache, 250 GB Seagate 16MB Cache
Display(s) Acer X203w
Case Coolermaster Centurion 5
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music
Power Supply OCZ StealthXStream 600 Watt
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Sombody forgot to take their pills this morning....... :wtf:

AMDCam

Processor AMD Opteron 148 at (hope) 3.0ghz
Motherboard MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum with Nforce 3 Ultra
Cooling XP-90C (CPU), A400 (Graphics), 8 case fans, 92mm Tornado
Memory 2gb OCZ Gold DDR500 dual-channel
Video Card(s) Leadtek 6800GT near UEE speed (448core/1.18memory)
Storage 2x 80gb WD 7,200rpm 8mb cache Caviar SATA 150 in RAID 0
Display(s) (2 soon) Samsung Syncmaster 172N 17" LCD
Case Atrix black case with A LOT of mods
Audio Device(s) Motherboard
Power Supply Aspire 520w tri-fan blue LEDs
Software Windows XP Home, Office 2003 Professional Edition
It is true, both ATI and Nvidia seem to be making the exact same types of slideshows. But inotocracy, you're taking it way too far man. Obviously you're (inotocracy) not gonna be back on I assume (just 1 post to tell us about this), but if you are, you need to calm down. You don't go to this website, you don't know anything about anyone here, including W1zzard, and you have no idea how people interact here so why try to get this site in trouble like that? Are you looking for problems to blame on people? Being a virtual taddle tale is the pussiest thing I can think of man, get a life.

wazzledoozle

Processor X2 3800+ @ 2.3 GHz
Motherboard DFI Lanparty SLI-DR
Cooling Zalman CNPS 9500 LED
Memory 2x1 Gb OCZ Plat. @ 3-3-2-8-1t 460 MHz
Video Card(s) HIS IceQ 4670 512Mb
Storage 640Gb & 160Gb western digital sata drives
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen LCD w/ DVI 5ms
Case Thermaltake Soprano
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2 softmod@Audigy 4, Logitech X-530 5:1
Power Supply Coolermaster eXtreme Power Plus 500w
Software XP Pro
W1zzard just has good connections.

Nvidia and ATI's marketing departments probably just do these for fun... its like football fans rooting for their teams after a win.

Dreamchaser

Power Supply OCZ 520watt
You have had no idiea

inotocracy said:
Somehow I cant help but believe Techpowerup.com is creating these slides to drive traffic to their site. Does no one notice how similar all of these slides are to eachother?

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/X1900LaunchAnalysis/1

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ATI/WhatToExpect/2

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ATI/NVDesperate/2

Maybe I'm just paranoid... anyhoo, for safe measure I figured it wouldn't hurt to Email these links to ATI and Nvidia PR reps. :toast:
:banghead: It seems obvious to me that you have no idiea what we have been writing about.
You don't belong to this forum. Why are you saying this bullshit of yours about Techpowerup? Have you ever thought that Nvidia has posted the slide show before? ........They asked for it! not Techpowerup nor ATI mate. You're out off context!!!!
Don't ever come back to this site again.
You bloody looser :cry: .....piss off!!!:p

Last edited:

Dreamchaser

Power Supply OCZ 520watt
wazzledoozle said:
W1zzard just has good connections.

Nvidia and ATI's marketing departments probably just do these for fun... its like football fans rooting for their teams after a win.
:shadedshu I don't think Nv is doing this just for fun. It's actually a tatical move to devour us lot in order to gain market share.
Further to this argument, Nv has been caught their hands in the cookie jar agian. The accusation was that Nv and it's dear partner "AEG" inadvertently using methods of online shills used in marketing for video games and other products.
It seems to me that the Nv are envy of ATI's technological advancements (Ati always invent themselves...taking things to the next level) Remember the good old Radeon 9700? That card gave Nv a deep gop smacked in the face, and it took Nv a fairwhile to catchup. Also, they're ashamed, 'cos ATI's 16 pipelines shit on their 24 piplines. So, this is away of saving red faces at Nv's
Anyhow, here's the link to http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/40689 regarding Nv shills

Last edited:
Processor Intel i5 8600k @5Ghz
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING
Cooling XSPC Water Cooling kit
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200 16GB
Video Card(s) Asus ROG STRIX RTX 2080
Storage Samsung 960 Evo NVMe PCIe M.2 500GB
Display(s) Acer Predator XB273U GXbmiipruzx
Case Phanteks Enthoo Luxe PH-ES614LTG_BK
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1000W
Software Win 10
All this is becoming really interesting.:rolleyes:

edgy1

I get tired of the ongoing spin doctoring. ATI and NVIDIA are both guilty of it. Pick the benchmarks that best serve your product, build a power point presentation with tons of techy looking graphics, and waste bandwidth disseminating it.

This generation is almost an apples to oranges contest, anyway. Good luck finding a NVIDIA GTX 512MB (Talk about paper launches)... and if you find one expect to pay a premium!!:mad: I just took a look on Ebay (not the greatest source, but one of the only ones where you'll find this rare beast) and people are asking over $900US. Now consider buying four of these (+another new mobo) for quad SLI. Yeah... the kid can go without diapers and formula for the next couple months.

Checking out Newegg I find the 1900xtx selling for $509-559US. Hmmm.... I could almost buy two of them for the price of one of the NVIDIA cards... but then I need that damn new mobo again!

Wait a few months. By then the NVIDIA 178000 will be out (this is sarcasm) with 40 bazillion gigaflops throughput, able to run on 64 wide screens at 1020p, in a proprietory 3d holographic visual format (NVIDIA SuperDupervision). At only $3000 a piece it'll be a steal (ok... stealing is the only way I'd be able to afford it :D ). And you can buy 15 other cards in order to really experience graphics as they were supposed to be. "NVIDIA®: The way it's meant to be lived". (I took some artistic license with that).

In the ATI camp will be the new 27000 XTX STi AWD AM/FM Mega Toxic AVENGER (the advertising boys decided to be subtle that day). It'll sport 2 petabytes (oh, a petabyte, how cute. Can I have one?) of DDRXXII super overclocked mega RAM. You'll be able to shut off your furnace on cold Canadian winters (yes, it's true... we do live in igloos up here) and will even be able to turn on your a/c. But talk about immersive... I won't even have to leave my living room to experience a moose (substitute a horse/emu/zebra depending on country of origin). And by then the new Creative Smellavision Deluxe Rotisserie Edition will be available. That adds a whole new dimension to the whole moose/horse/emu/zebra thing.

Don't get me wrong... I'm all for technology, I'm just (no longer) a zealot. Past a point, real life sets in. The inexorable quest for every FPS is put aside and reality hits (Oh no... sounds like pre-midlife). I'm happy with my second generation crap. Amazingly, it runs all current games and likely will for the forseeable future. By the way I have two systems (one with ATI, one with NVIDIA).

I'll leave it to the fanboys to lead (and finance) the technological charge. I can't afford the time or effort anymore.

Sorry about the rant. I've had one too many of these wonderful presentations.

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
inotocracy said:
Somehow I cant help but believe Techpowerup.com is creating these slides to drive traffic to their site. Does no one notice how similar all of these slides are to eachother?

Maybe I'm just paranoid... anyhoo, for safe measure I figured it wouldn't hurt to Email these links to ATI and Nvidia PR reps. :toast:

thank for driving ati and nvidia corporate traffic to this site :D

and you think ati or nvidia do not know that slides got posted here? why did nvidias lawyers call me when i posted stuff? i think i have better things to do with my time than make slides... maybe this is a business opportunity .. start pumping out slides and soon start working as external marketing consultant for several manufacturers.

Dreamchaser

Power Supply OCZ 520watt
;) Now, that's good to hear that you standup for yourself and said something about it. Just one idiot can cause troubles later on:toast:

Last edited:

OBR

Processor Many High-end CPUs
Motherboard Many best mobos
Cooling Ultimate watercooling
Memory Many Dominators GT
Video Card(s) Lo of VGAs
Storage Lot od disks
Display(s) 3x LCD 30" HP
Case Lian Li
Audio Device(s) X-fi Fatality
Power Supply Lot of ..
Software Win 7 Ultimate
inotocracy said:

I AM SURE, author of all of this is the same person! Maybe Wizzard?

zOaib

edgy1 said:
I get tired of the ongoing spin doctoring. ATI and NVIDIA are both guilty of it. Pick the benchmarks that best serve your product, build a power point presentation with tons of techy looking graphics, and waste bandwidth disseminating it.

This generation is almost an apples to oranges contest, anyway. Good luck finding a NVIDIA GTX 512MB (Talk about paper launches)... and if you find one expect to pay a premium!!:mad: I just took a look on Ebay (not the greatest source, but one of the only ones where you'll find this rare beast) and people are asking over $900US. Now consider buying four of these (+another new mobo) for quad SLI. Yeah... the kid can go without diapers and formula for the next couple months.

Checking out Newegg I find the 1900xtx selling for $509-559US. Hmmm.... I could almost buy two of them for the price of one of the NVIDIA cards... but then I need that damn new mobo again!

Wait a few months. By then the NVIDIA 178000 will be out (this is sarcasm) with 40 bazillion gigaflops throughput, able to run on 64 wide screens at 1020p, in a proprietory 3d holographic visual format (NVIDIA SuperDupervision). At only $3000 a piece it'll be a steal (ok... stealing is the only way I'd be able to afford it :D ). And you can buy 15 other cards in order to really experience graphics as they were supposed to be. "NVIDIA®: The way it's meant to be lived". (I took some artistic license with that).

In the ATI camp will be the new 27000 XTX STi AWD AM/FM Mega Toxic AVENGER (the advertising boys decided to be subtle that day). It'll sport 2 petabytes (oh, a petabyte, how cute. Can I have one?) of DDRXXII super overclocked mega RAM. You'll be able to shut off your furnace on cold Canadian winters (yes, it's true... we do live in igloos up here) and will even be able to turn on your a/c. But talk about immersive... I won't even have to leave my living room to experience a moose (substitute a horse/emu/zebra depending on country of origin). And by then the new Creative Smellavision Deluxe Rotisserie Edition will be available. That adds a whole new dimension to the whole moose/horse/emu/zebra thing.

Don't get me wrong... I'm all for technology, I'm just (no longer) a zealot. Past a point, real life sets in. The inexorable quest for every FPS is put aside and reality hits (Oh no... sounds like pre-midlife). I'm happy with my second generation crap. Amazingly, it runs all current games and likely will for the forseeable future. By the way I have two systems (one with ATI, one with NVIDIA).

I'll leave it to the fanboys to lead (and finance) the technological charge. I can't afford the time or effort anymore.

Sorry about the rant. I've had one too many of these wonderful presentations.

thats a good rant ! ;)

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
OBR said:
I AM SURE, author of all of this is the same person! Maybe Wizzard?

did you read my reply three posts above yours?