• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X800 Pro VIVO to XT PE Bios Mod

Processor AMD 5800x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Custom Water Loop
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z neo
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64
Storage Sabrent Rocket 4 NVMEs / SSDs
Display(s) 27" AOC AG271QX
Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolve
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster AE-7
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 750
Software Windows 10
armzilla > Are your trying to flash a PCI-E card, if so, you have a very small chance of it working. Very few have suceeded with it. Just a heads up.

-Dan

Processor AMD 5800x
Software Windows 10
w167akm said:
YES / NO !!!

Yes got back to 12 pipes........
No, still got graphics problems????

1 Does any1 have any suggestions why I could have this graphics problem?
Even now that I have gone back to original Bios I am still having problems.

2 Do you think this rules out Bios issues ? and leaves me with hardware problem?
3 Is it possibly software? as it only happens in Battlefield 2.

Thanx Michal..................... :..(

Try reinstalling your drivers.

-Dan

W

w167akm

No Joy

Hey Thanx Dan, I do appreciate the tips. But the Mofo card even after fresh wipe/install of drivers still has the problem!

The only thing left that I can think of is that even after a Flashrom back to original Pro Bios(12 pipes 450/475), the card still has a 210+ fps in ATItool. Originally it was 185fps. So this proves its not flashed back to Original x800 PRO VIVO Bios that it had. Maybe thats why it has ATRIFACTS at ANY speed I set it at.

Any Ideas Any1, plz Mike.......

Processor AMD 5800x
Software Windows 10
What are your default clocks then at the moment?

-Dan

Processor AMD 5800x
Software Windows 10
One thing, don't use Atitool as a benchmark, the average FPS can change a lot on that program. If your card is reading as a X800PRO and the device ID is 4A49, then its back to the orginal. So this only does it in BF2 aswell? Do you get aritfacts in Atitool? Try reinstalling BF2.

-Dan

W

w167akm

Yeh m8, I get Artifacts in AtiTool at any speed I set it at. :( its funny coz when the cube is spinning it looks purfect, but when i press checking for artifacts key, it has exactly the same faults, in the same places on the fluffy cube picture every time.
I'm guessing that the card is damaged................

Processor AMD 5800x
Software Windows 10
Hmm...doesn't sound to good. What kind of temps do you get?

-Dan

W

w167akm

I have tried cooling the card down with additional fans and it was deffo cold. So cant be that either.
Well at least it still works kindof.....could be worse. :(

W

w167akm

pic

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 809
Processor AMD 5800x
Software Windows 10
That is defective pipes my friend. Thats called the checkard board effect. Cause by super tiling, certain parts aren't being rendered properly because of the defective pipes. You might have to flash an empty bios and then your orginal.

-Dan

S

sin4me

Ok, after reading this thread I was gonna see if I could get some opinions. Basically, I can pick up a ATI x800xl from my local BB for 249.99 on sale or I can get a refurbed Sapphire x800 pro vivo agp from newgg for 280. so my question, is it worth it to pay the extra money on a refurbed card (never bought a refurb before...) and try to flash it with the xt bios or just get the x800xl? i'm current running a 9800 pro 128mb that i have flashed to an xt. any thoughts/input/suggestions would be appreciated. thanks.

gorber

Powercolor X800VE AIW bios mod ?

I just bought this card and it comes with 425/400 clock and only 4 pipelines. It is now overclocked to 571/598 but... how about those pipes?!?! Does it need a different bios mod than the usual VIVOs?

C

Citrus Man

Righto, first thanks for the guide, was nice and easy to follow. I now have a Connect 3D X800 Pro made into a X800 XT PE. However I have a few questions.

What would be the best option to use in ATITool for the fan settings? I'm using the stock cooler. I currently have it at 'try to keep GPU at 70 celsius'. Is that good?

Also, I have one of those generic 400W PSUs. Bad idea or will it be fine?

3dconnect fella

3d connect "pro vivo" to "xt pe"

Interesting to hear some fellow users comments on this card.

I followed the guide, but my mem doesn't like it above 530, core is happy right up to 560 and beyond on stock cooling.

I installed xt Pe bios anyway with success. However I get artificing in Atitool, and if I enabled overdrive in drivers, all manner of strange things were happening.

Settled back to ATI pro vivo 16 bios and totally stable at 530/550 mem/core

How come some 3D connects are getting xt pe stable? Is it possible we have different memory chips? 1.6s or 2.0s? not samsung??

I have a crappy dell dimension 8300, which I believe has poor cooling properties? but card temps where in the 60 idle/ 70 load when testing in Atitool

I am happy with what I have (probably load xt bios 500/500 next) just curious as regards more successful 3d connect soft mods???

Processor AMD 5800x
Software Windows 10
Citrus Man said:
Righto, first thanks for the guide, was nice and easy to follow. I now have a Connect 3D X800 Pro made into a X800 XT PE. However I have a few questions.

What would be the best option to use in ATITool for the fan settings? I'm using the stock cooler. I currently have it at 'try to keep GPU at 70 celsius'. Is that good?

Also, I have one of those generic 400W PSUs. Bad idea or will it be fine?

Your better off using dynamic fan settings. So have it something like above 30C-50%, 40C-55%, 50C-65%. Something like that. And once you get to say 60C, put the fan at 100%. For the PSU, it should be fine, a better one will help, but that should be fine as long as your stable in voltages.

-Dan

Processor AMD 5800x
Software Windows 10
3dconnect fella said:
Interesting to hear some fellow users comments on this card.

I followed the guide, but my mem doesn't like it above 530, core is happy right up to 560 and beyond on stock cooling.

I installed xt Pe bios anyway with success. However I get artificing in Atitool, and if I enabled overdrive in drivers, all manner of strange things were happening.

Settled back to ATI pro vivo 16 bios and totally stable at 530/550 mem/core

How come some 3D connects are getting xt pe stable? Is it possible we have different memory chips? 1.6s or 2.0s? not samsung??

I have a crappy dell dimension 8300, which I believe has poor cooling properties? but card temps where in the 60 idle/ 70 load when testing in Atitool

I am happy with what I have (probably load xt bios 500/500 next) just curious as regards more successful 3d connect soft mods???

For starters the clocks for the XT PE ar 520/560 (Core/Mem). Turn you core to 520 and try to get the mem up 560. Also make sure your mem is 1.6ns, if not that will hurt your overclock and you chance for the mod to work good. And you said your card aritfacts, did it make block like things on the cube?

-Dan

3dconnect fella

1.6ns mem stuck at 530

I know the stock xt pe speeds, but can't get memory to 560 (safely/stable), 530 is error free though.

Opened up and checked the memory modules and they are the required 1.6ns samsung units. So why can't it run higher than 530?

Environmental temperature on idle is in the high 40s (47-49) and under load rises to 60 (surely this is high), card is fixed at 70, and the fan kicks in on 100%.

The artifacts are yellow dots, and sometimes they form cloud like shapes (not regular shapes).

Installed regular xt bios (500/500) with no problems.

It maybe my low Oem dell psu or high in case temperatures? (Card is very close to OEM p4 cooler)

Ps. I am over the moon to get the performance boost where it is already, just confused why I can't unlock the cards full potential safely...

3dconnect fella

If i have 1.3 voltage across mem & gpu would this explain the discrepency? Where's that digimeter..

Processor AMD 5800x
Software Windows 10
3dconnect fella said:
I know the stock xt pe speeds, but can't get memory to 560 (safely/stable), 530 is error free though.

Opened up and checked the memory modules and they are the required 1.6ns samsung units. So why can't it run higher than 530?

Environmental temperature on idle is in the high 40s (47-49) and under load rises to 60 (surely this is high), card is fixed at 70, and the fan kicks in on 100%.

The artifacts are yellow dots, and sometimes they form cloud like shapes (not regular shapes).

Installed regular xt bios (500/500) with no problems.

It maybe my low Oem dell psu or high in case temperatures? (Card is very close to OEM p4 cooler)

Ps. I am over the moon to get the performance boost where it is already, just confused why I can't unlock the cards full potential safely...

I was just making sure that you didn't have the clocks mixed up, because you were talking about a 560 core and thats what the mem should be. Back to subject, not all of the pro vivo's can get to the clocks of the XT PE. Some need to be voltmodded. It could be your PSU but it might not be. If you managed to flash it to a the XT bios unlocking the 4 remaining pipes, your doing good. The only difference with the XT and XT PE bios is a little higher clocks and tighter mem timings. If I were you, I'd just keep it at the XT bios and overclock your core/mem more if you can, form what you are saying. ;)

-Dan

V

Veggie

2.0ns

Hi, I have Sapphire X800Pro Vivo, but the memory is 2.0ns not 1.6ns So this means i can't flash to XT or PE?:(

V

Veggie

Re

Forgot to add it's OC, GPU is 550mhz and memory is at 550mhz with no error's ,With stock cooling when idle temp is around 37-38C, When the card is maxed out 74-75C.At stock card scored 4929 in 3Dmark 05 free edition, OC scored 5768.One thing confusing me, I have AMD 3500+64 venice which scores around 4450 in 3Dmark 05 in the CPU test, Since i OC my x800 pro in the CPU test th CPU is scoring 4990-5010.I've ran it 4 times now over past few days.Any idea's why this is happening?

U

Unregistered

Drivers?

He people, just a quick question to all the connect 3D card holders out there, which drivers are u using and did u use the connect 3d XT PE bios? or the ATI XT PE bios?? Thankz.

Processor AMD 5800x
Software Windows 10
Veggie said:
Forgot to add it's OC, GPU is 550mhz and memory is at 550mhz with no error's ,With stock cooling when idle temp is around 37-38C, When the card is maxed out 74-75C.At stock card scored 4929 in 3Dmark 05 free edition, OC scored 5768.One thing confusing me, I have AMD 3500+64 venice which scores around 4450 in 3Dmark 05 in the CPU test, Since i OC my x800 pro in the CPU test th CPU is scoring 4990-5010.I've ran it 4 times now over past few days.Any idea's why this is happening?

It still runs through the graphics card, so with the higher clocks might have boosted it a bit. Hard to say, wouldn't worry about it though. As for the 2.0ns mem, I am pretty sure you can still mod, as long as the mem can do the 560MHz. You have less of a chance of it working with 2.0 mem. :(

-Dan

Processor AMD 5800x
Software Windows 10
Unregistered said:
He people, just a quick question to all the connect 3D card holders out there, which drivers are u using and did u use the connect 3d XT PE bios? or the ATI XT PE bios?? Thankz.

Use the bios that is the same make as your card. If it doesn't work, then try another bios. For drivers, most just use Cats, but others use the Omega's. Your choice most of the time.

-Dan