• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

X800 Pro VIVO to XT PE Bios Mod

I

icywater

hi guys, i have a sapphire x800pro vivo AGP (no laser cut and the mem is 1.6ns),
I was able to clock it to 575 core and 600 mem. The problem i have is blackscreen when i softmod it to xt. I followed the procedure step by step and try like 20 bioses, i get black screen at the same place verytime. The OS dectect the card and install the new driver and reboot. It loads the OS and i got in windows up to the part where the monitor screen flash, normally the monitor screen flash twice in windows. For me the first monitor screen flash is ok, but the second one stay black screen and the light on the monitor is flashing. I am run out of idea what to do next. Anyone have any suggestions what to do next?

Processor AMD 5800x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Custom Water Loop
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z neo
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64
Storage Sabrent Rocket 4 NVMEs / SSDs
Display(s) 27" AOC AG271QX
Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolve
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster AE-7
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 750
Software Windows 10
icywater said:
hi guys, i have a sapphire x800pro vivo AGP (no laser cut and the mem is 1.6ns),
I was able to clock it to 575 core and 600 mem. The problem i have is blackscreen when i softmod it to xt. I followed the procedure step by step and try like 20 bioses, i get black screen at the same place verytime. The OS dectect the card and install the new driver and reboot. It loads the OS and i got in windows up to the part where the monitor screen flash, normally the monitor screen flash twice in windows. For me the first monitor screen flash is ok, but the second one stay black screen and the light on the monitor is flashing. I am run out of idea what to do next. Anyone have any suggestions what to do next?

You might have to reinstall your drivers. Go through safemode to delete them.

-Dan

I

icywater

djbbenn said:
You might have to reinstall your drivers. Go through safemode to delete them.

-Dan

I did a clean os install and still got the problem, I runout of ideas what to do next.

Processor AMD 5800x
Software Windows 10
Sounds like the card is shutting down from VPU Recover. It may not be able to handle the new settings for some reason. What temps were you getting when you overclocked the card? Also, what flashrom did you use?

-Dan

I

icywater

djbbenn said:
Sounds like the card is shutting down from VPU Recover. It may not be able to handle the new settings for some reason. What temps were you getting when you overclocked the card? Also, what flashrom did you use?

-Dan

These are the bioses that i used gigabyte xtpe, powercolor xt, sarphire xt, ati xtpe, ati provivo with 16 pipe, gexcube and other , i use so many that i can't remeber all of them.

it definitely not the temperature, because the gpu is water cool , never go over 33 degrees under load. that is run at 12 pipe core 575 mem 595. So i don't really know what is the problem. It drives me crazy when so many with sapphire card mod to xt and i can't.

Processor AMD 5800x
Software Windows 10
Not all cards can do it, I know mine didn't so your not alone. If you can get an overclock like you just said stable, I envy you for that. Thats a huge overclock for a non-modded card, if its isn't. Maybe try flashing an empty bios then your new bios. If not, just overclock that baby to its max and enjoy it. :D

-Dan

I

icywater

djbbenn said:
Maybe try flashing an empty bios then your new bios.
-Dan

this is one option i haven't try, i will try it when i get home .

icywater

well i guess i stuck x800pro vivo can't mod, it is like sapphire has some kind of protection to stop the card from working 16 pipes, it works ok under safe mod, but if very time it load the driver "boom" blackscreen. My hard disk still loading but the screen is black. :confused:

Processor AMD 5800x
Software Windows 10
That sucks, but at least you can get a sweet overclock.

-Dan

The_NME

I modded two AGP MSI x800 Pros some time ago and had no problems with the mod. Now I'm moving up to PCI-E so I bought the 100600SR x800 Pro Sapphire card from NewEgg ($231 after rebate). Today I flashed the only XT PE PCI-E BIOS in the collection (Asus) and guess what I have now? (see attached) 8 pipes in ATITool and unknown clocks. RaBiT reports XT PE speeds though...

Anyhow, this is after connecting the cut bridge via silver pen. Just wondering if anyone who does have a stock XT PE PCI-E card would be willing to post their BIOS...

Edit: Everest reporting x800 SE with 12 pipes and 520/400 clocks. Weird...

Attachments

• x800GT.JPG
    x800GT.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 602
Last edited:

Richyp

problem flashing

I just got my x800 pro VIVO from sapphire. Im trying to flash the bios and have read all instructions. However when i restart my pc and boot using floppy drive i just get a blank screen with white flashing (-) in the top left for a while then windows loads. I have put all flashrom drives and the downloaded bios onto a floppy. However im not sure which files to use from bootdisk.com to make it bootable. I tried the files for XP PRO QUICK and the one above that. I am using XP PRO service pack 1. Can somebody please help me with this, to which files to use and to make it bootable. Maybe i am writing the files wrong?

Processor AMD 5800x
Software Windows 10

Richyp

thanks a lot dan that did the trick. i now got 16 pipelines and x800 XT PE! however i scan for artifacts and theres a few. running at 520/560 and im using Zalman VF700-CU. do i need to give it more power?? crappy PSU?? or is it just a bad cooler? lol. ill lower the clock speeds for now.

i saw u mention something about voltmodding. can you explain? maybe i need more power to get higher clock speeds and no artifacts.

Last edited:
Processor AMD 5800x
Software Windows 10
Richyp said:
thanks a lot dan that did the trick. i now got 16 pipelines and x800 XT PE! however i scan for artifacts and theres a few. running at 520/560 and im using Zalman VF700-CU. do i need to give it more power?? crappy PSU?? or is it just a bad cooler? lol. ill lower the clock speeds for now.

i saw u mention something about voltmodding. can you explain? maybe i need more power to get higher clock speeds and no artifacts.

Congrats...ya some of the vivo's need higher voltages to get the higher overclocks. Try lowering your clocks, but if that doesn't the trick you may have defective pipes.

-Dan

cableguy

Hi everybody, I've bought a Sapphire x800 pro PCI-E (Vivo) version graphics card. It came with 2ns samsung memory modules that can be overclocked to 570mhz (stable), and the Gpu to 580mhz (stable). Question: was anybody ever in human history successful in unlocking the missing 4 pipelines on THESE Sapphire cards?? I've read a lot about the topic but it is very confusing.. What I would like to know if there is PROOF that somebody really made it and it worked after... I don't want to ruin my card so I would only try if somebody was ever successful... (if yes, then which bios was used?)

Processor AMD 5800x
Software Windows 10
It is possible, but the chances of it working are very slim. First you will have to hardmod the card (connect what the lazer cut disconnected) if it has a laser cut. All of the PCI-E cards have to laser cut to my knowledge. You can check by removing the cooler. Then you have to do the softmod (flashing the bios with the XT PE bios). You can try but it probably will not work.

-Dan

S

slayer322

wht has everyone used to connect the 2 contacts on the card to get the extra 4 pipes??

Processor AMD 5800x
Software Windows 10
Most people use a conductive pen.

-Dan

T

The__NME

cableguy, I'm with you. Only problem is the only BIOS I have seen (the one hosted here) doesn't work right

icywater

djbbenn said:
That sucks, but at least you can get a sweet overclock.

-Dan
since i can't unlock the 4 pipes, i did the next best thing.
i just did VR volt mod on the card, now i run it at 626/590 stable.
What is the maximum volt i should use? Right now GPU 1.60v underload is 36 degrees.

Processor AMD 5800x
Software Windows 10
icywater said:
since i can't unlock the 4 pipes, i did the next best thing.
i just did VR volt mod on the card, now i run it at 626/590 stable.
What is the maximum volt i should use? Right now GPU 1.60v underload is 36 degrees.

Nice job on the overclock, for water I wouldn't go over 1.7 volts.

-Dan

C

colcliff

flashing an asus x800xt to a x800xt pe

Anyone know if this method of flashing the bios will work to flash an asus x800xt vivo to an asus x800xt pe, or will it only work when starting with a Pro? and if it does work will it be worrth doing?

thanks