• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

XFX lies about their warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name The Netbook
Processor Intel Atom n270
Memory 1GB DDR2 533mhz
Video Card(s) Intel G945
Storage 250GB
Display(s) 10.1" LCD
Software Microsoft Windows 7 Starter x86
waxking, just for a little more understanding, did your water block also cool the ram on the card, and if not did they have some type of heatsink on them to dissipate heat, because GDDR3 gets pretty damn hot at those speeds.

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) OCed 6800XT
Storage NVMees
Display(s) 32" Dull curved 1440
Case Freebie glass idk
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser
Power Supply Don't even remember
It wouldn't matter anyway, ALL warranties have an "excessive damage clause" stating that if it's obvious that physical damage has been done to the product on purpose, regardless of warranty they will assume that you're trying to fraud the company.

I already voltmodded (after it failed) the one I returned to them
:laugh:

Too bad I used conductive ink and put the stock cooler back.

Not defrauding, but some people do stuff that voids the warranties that doesn't hurt the card at all.

FudFighter

You are making the assumption that Waxking is even telling the truth about XFX's original reason for denying the RMA. At this point, I don't believe a word he says, he is more of a liar than XFX. Sounds to me like he is just pissed off at XFX for not RMAing the card he fried, so now he is trying everything he can to give them a bad name. The fact that he is going around trolling different forums with his BS story doesn't look to good for him either.

dude please stop trollingand calling people liers, i read a sample of your posts, it appears that most of what you do is insult people and products and troll, how somebody like you managed to not get banned boggles the mind.

I think its time for you to walk away, you clearly think XFX is totaly right for lieing/making shit up to avoid a warrinty when they could have just been HONEST from the start and said removing the sticker voided the warr(clearly it did)

Waxking, is all this information documented via email? if so could you post copys of said emails, I would just like to see how they worded things.

And a little FYI for you all, IF the card was shiped UPS thru a cold enviroment, then droped off at a nice warm office, opened and put out for a couple min, it would be damp, as anybody whos delt with exotic cooling or hell even had a cold drink on a warm day, you know condensation forms when an item is below room temp in a warm moist enviroment(most offices this time of the year)

I have had to warm hardware up i just got from newegg b4 installing because it was so cold condensation was forming, and i didnt want to risk a short on my brand new toys, this could easly be the case with this card, some noob at XFX unpacked the card, left it out a few min then said "eww its damp, water damnage !!1!oneoneone" oh the sticker prooves it!!!!

again noob move using a pic of the sticker as proof when the stickers PLASTIC!!!!!! no paper involved so water damnage dosnt apply to the sticker.

I dought they even tested the card beyond at most pluging it in and seeing it didnt power, because they saw that HORRIBLE job removing the sticker and said "WOOT WOOT we can dennie the RMA!!!!!"

like i said i wont be buying xfx and i will rever people i know who ask about xfx to this and the xfx thred, they will not buy once they see that sticker and the lie's about water damnage, we are almost all moders, would want to at the very least change the goop on the stock cooler maby lap it if needed, no joy here, if u do anythng to the sticker they will make up any excuse they can to dennie the warr.

BTW that stock waxy shit that nvidia uses on their coolers SUCKS ASS!!!!

System Name The Netbook
Processor Intel Atom n270
Memory 1GB DDR2 533mhz
Video Card(s) Intel G945
Storage 250GB
Display(s) 10.1" LCD
Software Microsoft Windows 7 Starter x86
I already voltmodded (after it failed) the one I returned to them
:laugh:

Too bad I used conductive ink and put the stock cooler back.

Not defrauding, but some people do stuff that voids the warranties that doesn't hurt the card at all.

Sometimes you get lucky though, unfortunately waxking did not.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
This thread has expired and now smells funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.