ASUS is one company that has for a while now been making quality PC-audio components for both gamers and audiophiles. Good sound quality can come in a variety of packages, and today, we will take a look at the self-powered U7 DAC/Amp solution from ASUS. Not a bulky, grid-powered solution, it makes sense for laptops and uncluttered desktops. The U7 is packed with features for home entertainment and has full 7.1 out and both coax and optical S/P-DIFF, which you don't see in a lot of external DAC/Amps. Apart from its many connectivity options, the U7 also features a headphone amplifier that can be used with medium demanding headphones.
- Output signal-to-noise ratio (A-weighted) (front-out): 114 dB
- Input signal-to-noise ratio (A-weighted): 110 dB
- Output THD+N at 1kHz (front-out): >0.0006 %(104 dB)
- Frequency response (-3dB, 24bit/96KHz input): 10 Hz to 46 KHz
- Output/input full-scale voltage : unbalanced output : 1 Vrms (2.828 Vp-p)
- Headphone: 1.3 Vrms (3.677 Vp-p)