Value & Conclusion
- The be quiet! Silent Base 800 has an MSRP of 120 euro including taxes.
- Very good price / performance
- Solid construction quality
- Three Pure Wings 2 fans included
- Excellent HDD-installation method
- Tool-less locks for ODD work well
- Loads of space for large GPUs, CPU coolers, and PSUs
- Excellent sound encapsulation
- Can easily hold a 280 mm radiator in the ceiling
- Nice color accents inside the chassis
- Two removable 2.5" mounting slots on motherboard tray
- Ample space to route cables behind the motherboard tray
- All fans mounted with silicon rings as anti-vibration measure
- Removable dust filter in front and bottom of the chassis
- Door can be set to open to the left or right
- Door hinges made of plastic
- Feet need to be assembled
- More hooks on the motherboard tray to route cables would have been nice
- Quite tall for an ATX chassis
be quiet! is not the first company looking to diversify by offering other product lines. But as they have shown with coolers and fans, they are very thorough and take their time to launch something meaningful and worthy of the brand. The same holds true for the Silent Base 800. The chassis may clock in at 120 euro, which puts it right in-between the hard-fought-over sub-100 and elite 150 euro market. And that is actually quite the perfect place for the Silent Base 800. On one hand, you get three pre-installed Pure Wings 2 fans, and while these retail fans don't cost much, just around 8 euro each, be quiet! has not cut any corners when it comes to the finer details since these fans are mounted onto silicone rubber rings as an anti-vibration measure; be quiet! even installed the biggest possible unit type into the front.
The same goes for essentially everything else inside the Silent Base 800 - from its sound dampening on to both the front and the side panel and down to the installation method for hard drives and ODDs. With all these, be quiet! has taken a look at what is possible before refining everything to meet their standards. The result is a capable chassis without any major flaws. Worthy of the be quiet! brand, it also comes at an enticing price and with the quality you have come to expect.