IntroductionA-Data is most well known for making top notch overclocker memory. Little less known is that they make different storage products too, for example USB sticks with a Disney license. In time for the World Cup 2006 this Football Disk has been created which seems to be a great gift for all the soccer enthusiasts around.
From the manufacturer A-DATA:
- Support USB specification version 2.0.
- Transferring rate up to 480Mb/s for “High Speed” transmission
- Hot Plug & Play
- LED indicator when Rubber Disk is in use
- Durable solid-state storage
- Support power saving mode to reduce power consumption
- Support Windows ME, 2000 and XP without device driver
- Support Driver for Windows 98/98 SE
- Driverless solution for Linux Kernel version 2.4 or later version
- Driverless for Mac OS 9.X or up
- Capacity：128MB, 256MB, 512MB, 1GB, 2GB
- Weight：Max 16 g
Like most other USB sticks the A-DATA Football Disk comes in a sealed blister pack to protect against theft in stores. As always when reviewing a product in a blister pack I have to complain about the risk of injuries, even though I'm slowly working out a method to do it safely.
Inside the package you find the USB stick of course. In addition you get a nice 1m USB extension cable, so you won't have to crawl under your desk if you don't have front USB ports in your case. Also included is a little metal chain which can be attached to the drive.
Manuals or Drivers are not included but are not needed anyway. On the A-DATA website you can find a driver for Windows 9x, if you are a decade behind current technology.
Included with the package is a little plastic football guy which can be attached to the USB stick with the included chain.