G.e.I.L gained fame with their release of the Golden Dragon series, which was actually one of the first set to utilize a themed PCB and looks. The kits were sold in a different package and also featured better speeds than standard variants. After years, G.e.I.L is raising the dragon again in form of the Black Dragon series. This time the PCB black with red LEDs for the dragon's eyes.
- 2GB 800MHz CAS4 (1GBX2-SKU#GB22GB6400C4DC)
- 2GB 800MHz CAS5 (1GBX2-SKU#GB22GB6400C5DC)
- 4GB 800MHz CAS5 (2GBX2-SKU#GB24GB6400C5DC)
- 64Mx8 or 128Mx8 DDR2 FBGA Chips
- 240pin, Non-ECC, Un-buffered DIMM
- 8 Layers Custom Black Dragon PCB with LED
- Retail Package
- Working Voltage: 800C5-1.8V/800C4- 2.0V
- Lifetime Warranty
Geil ships the memory in a compact, black package. The front has a few small cut outs to give you some idea what the memory looks like, while the back only has one opening to view the sticker with a serial number. A list of speeds and ratings is also printed on the rear. GeIL uses blue stickers to let potential buyers know what is inside the package.
The inner package is made of clear plastic. Here the Black Dragon as well as the sticker showing the rating can be seen.