Sunrise Audio's new Ray DA-P1 is an interesting little DAC and headphone amplifier combination. It incorporates a Wolfson WM8740 DAC and is compatible with Android, which allows you to get the digital-out from any Android 4.0- and forward device if the ROM has integrated USB Audio, and the DA-P1 is very small and has a good battery life, making it ideal for use with your smartphone. That said, letting the DA-P1 handle the digital-to-analogue conversion and headphone amplification will also completely bypass the DAC integrated into your phone to increase the sound quality as the headphone amplifier of the DA-P1 is much more powerful than anything in a current smartphone. You can now get good sound quality on the go without a dedicated high-end player, reducing both bulk and hassle--most phones also come with a much better graphical user interface than what is available on current high-end players from Cowon, HiFiMAN, Colorfly, and so on.
- Plug and Play compliance with USB (Windows and Mac OSX)
- Wolfson WM8740 DAC chip + TI PCM2706 USB receiver
- Works as a DAC/AMP combo or a standalone AMP
- Rechargeable Li-polymer battery with integrated charging system for 30 hours of play time
- Slim and small, ultra-portable design
- Product Size: 90mm x 60mm x 15mm (L x W x H)