1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    Anyone have their keyboard stop working randomly in game?
  2. n0tiert

n0tiert

Thanks Received:
    thought my batt´s run out
    changed them, sometimes still show´s up
  3. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I did the same thing, when it fixed itself though I put old batteries in and it worked fine too so maybe its a compatibility issue with wireless keyboards?
  4. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
  5. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    So I'm pretty sure people are hacking now. Last server I played in, was killed twice by people on different floors of the map, or different rooms (like 5 rooms away). One guy was stuck twitching in the floor, so maybe he was glitched, but his bullets were coming straight at me, not from the angle he was stuck in the floor way away from me. The other guy though was half the map away on a completely different floor than me.

I understand you using it, but I was responding just on the fact that you said it was realistic. It's realistic if you mean in real life it is possible for people to crouch. But it is not realistic considering the amount of use and the length of time people will use it, is not realistic, which is why it was missing in BC2 and why I didn't mind one bit.

Your KD will get better, Rush is a meat grinder. I'm only at 1.054, nothing great, but I hate this mode, it's all about camping and throwing your body into bullets. I agree about the unlocks, in BC2 I used Iron Sights on almost everything and owned, but they feel pretty useless in BF3, so I have resorted to sights. And when I unlocked a new LMG that had no unlocks it was harsh till I got a scope and extended mags. But everyone cried about it, so it's here sadly, so my goal is to just rush through it and be done with unlocks.

I don't mind the browser too much though. It's a bit clunky, but I used stat tracking sites before, and it's nice to be all rolled into one. But it's missing things like charts, or KDR/SPM for each kit. Hopefully they will add more to it later.

And as far as BF games go, so far its (based on release titles)

1942 > BC2 > BC1

If you liked modern, you missed the 1942 DC mod, was amazing, so amazing DICE bought out the guys that made it, and it inspired BF2. But I don't feel BF2 lived up to that mod in anyway, I never really liked BF2. BF3 would be behind BC1 for me, but BC2 and BC1 I played Conquest almost exclusively, so I can't judge BF3 till I get a chance to do the same.
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
    digibucc says thanks.
  6. n0tiert

n0tiert

Thanks Received:
    dunno, just had same prob again.... mouse works still, only kb is messed up.....
    mouse schould also show some then if it´s wireless related ?!
  7. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    [mp1st] More on destruction, rank system, squad issues, and other important beta inf

alright guys i hope this eases any mix feelings.

source CLICK HERE NOW!
  8. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    Since Erocker's TS3 server has been down, I put mine back up.

The info is:

hotelmoscow.dyndns.org
  9. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    we already have a TS3 death its in the TPU teamspeaker server problem has been solved has been for like 2-3 days.
  10. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    I think a whole new set of beta servers just went live :O
  11. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    try connecting. it wont work
  12. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    208.101.56.250:4586

PW: rick

We are in there now.
  13. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    208.101.56.250:4586 password rick
  14. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    what happened to erocker.dyndns.org?
  15. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    effin hacking is unbelievable.
  16. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

Thanks Received:
    Whats your 2600k clocked at?
  17. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    It's only clocked at the stock 3.4 ghz nothing I'm using is overclocked right now.
    Spaceman Spiff says thanks.
  18. rampage

Thanks Received:
    i have only skimmed over the last few pages sense yesterday, but dose anyone know the deal with the 64 and 192 (yes 192) player servers on metro ???
  19. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    there hacked servers and your likely to get your accourns stolen if your on any server above 32 players right now, as EA is banning those servers and people on them as well so avoid them at all costs.
  20. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    Don't use them or you are at risk of your EA account being banned.
  21. Boneface

Thanks Received:
    I took my second card out runs alot better this way on 11.10s, No CTD and BSODs. Ill put it back in when betas over lol.
  22. assaulter_99

assaulter_99

Thanks Received:
    Well I just hope you don't need the damn browser to launch single player even though something tells me its gonna be the case. You can clearly see campaign/co-op in the battlelog menu. So what happens if I don't have internet?

I miss 1942. First battlefield I played. Simple, had its bugs, but liveable. No unlock BS. I hate how every multiplayer game has this nowadays. It was great when I was a kid and played 3-4 hours a day. With my previous experience with BC2, we can surely see how its gonna play out. Players of lower ranks will be penalised, like it was in BC2 with those who didn't have magnum ammo/flak jacket. I knew i had a bad K/D ratio when I was lvl 1 up to when I had these options. By then, I had to overcome about 700 deaths. When done, I was about lvl 27 and got bored of the game and stopped playing. In the end, I mostly played with the AN94/UMP/REX, since it was the only option I had which had scopes and upgrades to stand a chance.

And yesterday, I saw a kid who was lvl 4- something, now how can you expect casual players like me to compete against this guy? He had a mini UAV which was tearing everyone apart. Most players were lvl 1-10. No wonder at the end of the map, he had a score of 30-0. And you call that level playing field? BS! :laugh:
  23. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    that's the way it is on random public servers. in beta, with no vehicles.

once released & with dedicated servers you can choose who you play with. much more often at least.

what makes the real difference is this is battlefield, not cod. teamplay & roles. these not only extend enjoyment but also make you more effective and die less. you don't have to run up against the lvl 40s head to head. jump in a tank and blow his ass up! or group up and do it tactical style with a sniper/medic base and an engie/assault team.
  24. assaulter_99

assaulter_99

Thanks Received:
    Aha, yeah you got it spot on, I'm a tankie! Sad I wasn't able to test the Caspian Border map. Funnily, I'm a kind of team player but sometimes its a bit odd. One thing I noticed for sure is that K/D takes a toll on teamplay. It makes some people hide in a bush and just cater for a better K/D. When I started caring about that, I found myself going less for objectives and more towards a positive score. You gotta agree that sometimes its less rewarding for some roles out there. Like for instance, the stats at the end of a match, team heroics should be stated, like who disabled more MCOMs, revived more players (this sadly works both ways, like reviving in front of tanks etc) and who repaired more stuff. Countless times, I've seen myself risk my life just to repair a tank which was vital to secure a point and die trying. When you look at the final score, you only see K/D ratio and score thats it.

I would have liked to play with friends, but sadly I have to work and have a family, so sometimes I just jump in for a quick match at sometimes odd hours. No wonder I find myself playing more single player RTS/RPG games lately. :toast:
  25. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    meh dont care flashlight red dot blinding turns me off completely

i can understand a small penalty but full out blinding when out doors from a flashlight from 20 feet away? really or the awesome scope glare that blinds you just as badly overall the beta is shit and i feel the regular game is going to suck as well