1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Far Cry 3 - Island Survival Guide

Discussion in 'Games' started by natr0n, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    why do you have to put all your posts in eye-hurting blue?
  2. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    I was wondering too, but didnt bother to ask, and why does it have to be so large.
  3. rickss69

Thanks Received:
    What color would not hurt your eyes?

Some of us are old and have failing eyes. I'm sure there are some that appreciate the larger letters. Do they hurt your eyes as well?
  4. Guitarrassdeamor

Guitarrassdeamor

Thanks Received:
    That green is worse.
  5. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    if your eyes are old and it hurts your eyes... why are you re-reading your own posts, and not others?

its kind of rude to use bright colors for your posts, and larger fonts. it sure doesn't help you read OUR posts any better, which would have actually made sense.
  6. rickss69

Thanks Received:
    I said it was for others...just knowing it bugs you warms my heart. You are in no position to speak of rude.

Just garnered another rock...

[​IMG]
  7. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    LOL, I'm 54 and my eyes certainly aren't what they used to be, esp after playing on an LCD for the last year. I can tell you that the large fonts and colored text are indeed unnecessary and worse, not better, even for older eyes.

You don't really need to ask what's best. You don't see anyone complaining about regular size fonts in black do you? I also don't think Mussels deserved all the smack talk.

It was bound to be mentioned sooner or later. If not him, someone else would have, and maybe less tactfully. The simple fact is no forum text need be changed because everyone can easily zoom it with Ctrl+Scroll or Ctrl++

The irony is, all the thread and forum titles and user names are in blue. It's more the unnecessary font re-sizing than the color, though I've seen some use some pretty crazy colors, so I don't think advocating it is a good idea.
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  8. Go To Sleep

Go To Sleep

Thanks Received:
    In my opinion, this is game of the year. It's fantastic. :cool:
  9. rickss69

Thanks Received:
    I certainly never complained about anything here...like some of the ridiculous signature text among others. I just recently took to doing this. It was never meant to offend anyone by any stretch...I just thought it colorful and easy on the eyes as well. If it is rude practice on a forum then why provide the ability to all to change it? If it really bothered someone they could have easily pm'd me instead of mucking up a perfectly good thread with this nonsense. If that can't be accomplished then I will answer all questions in the manner I see fit and as openly as questioned. You have not seen any "smack" talk...not interested.
  10. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  11. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Font size and color options are common because sometimes they're used to highlight a particular part of a post. Rarely do you see someone type their posts in all large colored fonts though. Personally I can take or leave the blue color, but the large font size is clearly unnecessary, for reasons I've already pointed out.

"Just knowing it bugs you warms my heart" is not only smack talk, it's very snide and sarcastic smack talk. You're seeing this rather one sided really.

The text and the responses are both examples of the phrase "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should". Anyways, it's off topic and you're clearly not listening, so talking about it serves no point anyway.
  12. rickss69

Thanks Received:
    You have no idea of the history so I would leave it be. Question was asked and it was answered...response was made and reply given. He had nothing to add to this thread other than to deride me...favor returned.

Back to the topic - I just about finished the new gamer and decided to give it a spin in FC3. Had not swapped the 460's in yet so just went in with the single 8800GT lol. It actually did very well haha! Almost beat my highest Trial score with it. :laugh:

Classified mb
    980X cpu
    Coolit Vantage cpu cooler
    Zotac 8800GT (heehee)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    "No idea of the history"? We can all read the posts that have been made here, myself included. It's self explanatory. Anything you might consider ongoing between he and you is aside from what's been said here, and again off topic.

At least you listened to the comments on the fonts though.

My on topic comments toward the game if anything would be just to say it was nice to get the south island hop done without having to fly into the water with the wing suit this time.

Last time I had several keys remapped, which the game seems to be nit picky about, and I could not get the parachute to open. Which makes me wonder if you'd have success with zoom even if you could remap it to KB.
  14. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    actually i am. if i decide what you're doing is harassment or deliberately intended to annoy anyone on the forum, i'm well within my authority (and obliged) to either delete, or edit your posts.

since you havent given a good reason for the color OR the fonts other than 'its there to annoy you' i'm kindly asking you -as a moderator of this forum- to stop, and stick with the defaults.
  15. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    That 980x is doing all the work!
  16. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    harder, mussels :) those visually challenged, use the bloody ctrl+mousewheel
    Mussels says thanks.
  17. jboydgolfer

jboydgolfer

Thanks Received:
    :slap:

So I have an Idea. Even though there are LITERALLY an infinite number of boats on/around this island, let's repair THIS one, which was CLEARLY captained by the "Skippier" or "Gilligan" himself. Then we can sail home.......Never mind that the stinking boat is 100 yards up a frickin mountain , and a 100 yards in a cave, and TOO large to fit through the cave.Yup , THIS seems like a great way to spend our time on this island, till we get home.:banghead:
    erixx says thanks.
  18. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    thought the same.... Waitting for the Perfect Tempest game....
  19. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    LOL, I've been saying the same to a guy on another forum that keeps trying to excuse it as plausible, saying there's an opening at the other end of the cave. I've seen that end of the cave as close as it can be viewed and even if the boat COULD get over the smattering of surface rocks, the walls and ceiling beyond that pool at that end are too cramped for a boat that size to pass through there as well.

I've also seen what appears to be the opening the cave leads to at the bottom of the cliff on that side of the mountain and it's cluttered with vines and rocks. Even if that end of the cave and that sealed off opening at the bottom of the cliff were cleared and large enough, you'd still have the fact that the distance between the two together with the altitude difference would mean that boat would have a hell of a time getting up there in the first place.

Then we have the minute and shallow pond roughly 30'x75' outside Earnhardt's house that is on the crest of a hill and somehow the magic source of a continuous raging waterfall, who's only source could be rainfall, yet we only see seldom brief cloudbursts. The only conclusion is Ubi were about as high as Dr Earnhardt when making the map and story. Ubigan's Island, a 3 hour "trip".

Anyways, the unexpected never ceases with this game. I was knifing one of the alarm boxes I missed in a privateer outpost just for the hell of it after liberating the camp, when a spark from it hit a large ammo box next to it. I'm laughing it off since I'd already saved some cash by using it to top off my weapons, then I realize some Rakyats had somehow been affected by the ammo exploding everywhere and started coming at me. Oh well, at least I reacted well enough to not waste too much ammo on them. :laugh:
  20. rickss69

Thanks Received:
    Tell you what...why don't you just do that Mussels. Delete every damn post in this thread made by me and then you and your saviour in arms will both be happy. I had already dropped this and someone else chose to keep the ball rolling. Truth is all was fine until your arrival on scene with a post not even close to the topic at hand as usual.

Sorry folks for this to have become a distraction and putting a dampner on the thread. This "rude" fellow is bowing out now.
  21. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Woo Hoo another old timer. Same age !
  22. MightyMission

MightyMission

Thanks Received:
    Can't get 100% even though I've got all the relics, done the missions and stories etc,do I have to loot _Every_ box too?
  23. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Well if you do, it's hard, because your wallet starts getting full pretty quick. Might be annoying, but you can always damage yourself and keep buying health syringes to empty out your wallet, or just keep tossing nades and molotovs and wasting ammo then restock.

The game could have done well with a super size safe box or wallet that holds more like $50,000, even if you have to do something pretty difficult to unlock it.
  24. jboydgolfer

jboydgolfer

Thanks Received:
    I also noticed that the A.I. are really immersed in the world which is SO cool, like driving cars, more importantly All the cars I/WE/You can drive, But then I noticed, Has anyone ever Seen an A.I/NPC driving a Jetski???I Don't think they ever wrote that particular action in, along with Four wheeler's as well.I wonder why?Probably since the pay off wasn't worth the Work they'd need to put in for a seperate vehicle classes body positioning , I guess.(they would be close to identical as far as the A.I 's reaction as far as getting in/on, or driving, apart from water/terra Ferma friction/phys-x)
  25. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Not that I recall, but on the mission to get the roll call list for Hoyt's new recruits, I sniped the guy that drives to the other end of the bridge as I was approaching it to get the list, and it appeared that he put his foot on the gas and torqued the steering wheel as he died, which made the vehicle spin out and kill the other guy hopping out of it. It's either a random such animation or just a weird physics bug, but it was kinda cool.