1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Petiton: the reformation of the moderator system and new moderators

Discussion in 'Comments & Feedback' started by panchoman, Oct 30, 2007.

?

Are More Moderators Needed/More Active Moderators?

1. Yes

23 vote(s)
    46.9%
  2. No

26 vote(s)
    53.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    I didn't vote eaither.

I think the fourm is fine in it's current condition. The only 2 problems like said above is cursoring in large amounts. Here and there is ok, and I haven't seen any mother 2#%#@%@ @#@% @#%@#% @%@##@% %#@#@%@# %#@#@%#@% threads in a while. The other problem is closing some threads over 1 or 2 people in it. Some of those threads people still want to talk in those threads and just because a few people want to get into is no reason to lock them.

My view point

1> No Death threats

2>No talking highly about piracy and how to do it

3> handing out those links

4>If 4 or more people are in that thread bickering AND off topic.

there is no need to lock that thread unless that happens.

Like I said before I read almost every thread oin the TPU(I neglect the clubs) for the most part and everything is smooth.
  2. Grings

Grings New Member

Thanks Received:
    i always wondered whether vbulletin had a feature to lock a thread only to certain people, i.e. if a fanboys trolling a thread about something made by 'their rival' then they can be locked out of the thread (without an outright ban, so they can still post elsewhere)
  3. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The one person on this forum who I feel would make a great moderator would be Wile E. I and many others respect him, his opinions, and the respect and helpfulness he gives to others on TPU. I don't know if he is up to it though? DaMulta, d44ve, Linkin, Sneeky, Tatty, and Grings, are all people in my opinion, that are good, responsible (on the forums anyway:D) people that could provide for the great continuum that we call tech Power Up!

* I know I'm forgetting some of you, sorry, I'm at work moderating at the moment.:laugh:

* Just to add, I know that many of us know when a member is getting out of hand. I have no problems reporting such members to employees of TPU without having a moderator status. I'm sure that many others on the forum feel the same way.
    Wile E and d44ve say thanks.
  4. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    i personally think the mods do a good job, everything does seem to run smoothly IMO.

i like these forums they're laid back but still informative, relaxed but still have boundries.

i vote no - they do a good job.

HOWEVER - maybe some of the inactive ones, because lets face it people leave due to reason (boredom, new job, baby other commitments), could have a status where when they do become active again they still wield SOME of thier previous powers.
  5. technicks

technicks

Thanks Received:
    No

Technicks.

Why? You know what they say. Never change a winning team.
    As far i know TPU is doing fine. So you could make some additional rules but i don't think a complete mod change is necessary. :)
  6. 3991vhtes

3991vhtes New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wile E, he has my vote :D
    he just seems like a good guy ;)
  7. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    agree with that list,
  8. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    I still think things seem fine the way they are, and still don't intend to vote because of that - maybe a little revision and optimization to things would be alright, but it's not like TPU is in need of a "Service Pack Installation" or anything . . . I'm fence-posting on this issue

agreed
  9. TylerZambori New Member

Thanks Received:
    It's fine as it is? What about the sexism? it's curious that you don;t even notice it.
    It's right here in this thread, in Panchoman's sig file. And you know, I already know what
    the response is going to be: laughter and derision.

So what are YOU going to do about it, Damulta?
  10. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    "girls do have a basic input out put system"

that bit?
  11. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    That's a good point. Potential female members probably would not appreciate the sexism that occurs on the forums.
  12. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    can we wait till then? will doesn't mind at all, she just makes it worse actually.
  13. Random Murderer

Random Murderer The Anti-Midas

Thanks Received:
    sounds like someone needs to get their panties unbunched.
  14. d44ve New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think the forum is good the way it is.....

Sure there are some things that could be tweaked, but even if that happens.... there will always be something else that will be complained about.

It will be impossible to please everyone. However, the way I see it now... You guys have done a good job coming close to doing that.

I vote to keep it as it is

Also....

Is the whole point of this so you can petition yourself to be a mod?
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  15. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    nope, did i once recommend myself to be a mod? this thread was started on w1zz's order, he even posted that on this thread.
  16. d44ve New Member

Thanks Received:

Maybe you should go back and read some of your posts in this thread... Some of them do have that undertone, thats all I am saying
  17. p_o_s_pc

p_o_s_pc F@H&WCG addict

Thanks Received:
    i agree with teh first post. p_o_s_pc
    Crunching for Team TPU
  18. theonetruewill New Member

Thanks Received:
    London - Close your eyes and you'll see me
    Totally agree. So no to the petition. Don't fix what ain't broke.
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  19. kwchang007

kwchang007 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey hey, dude we don't realize that we are pretty sexist....like that little bit there could easily be taken the wrong way. I mean please when someone says something about you that you SHOULD change and you continue doing it....well there's something there.

I'll admit that on this forum I can be sexist. Why? Well simply because there aren't really regular female users on. Now that it's brought up I for one will try and stop myself from being sexist....now the big question is will the rest of you do that to?
  20. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I think the big question is what can we all do as users, especially those who've been on for a while and have seen a few things happen here...what can well all do to keep TPU a good place to be?

We don't have to be Mods to make a difference, and really TPU isn't that bad, sure there are some things and users out there that can create situations, but generally it's not long-lived or really as big of a deal as it's flamed up to be. I think a lot of users are doing a great deal of good here, and that trend should stay and grow stronger, after-all how many of you can say you've never been helped on TPU?

I've been helped many times, and will continue to donate back as much as possible, we can keep TPU a good place, and don't need to be a Mod to keep everything in good standings.

:toast:
    d44ve says thanks.
  21. d44ve New Member

Thanks Received:

Exactly
  22. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    99% of this forum is male and most women go along with the flow. Do you really think that the TPU is really sexest?

And to ur PM I have seen the black jokes here too. There are never taken to the max and all in good fun. If u want to tell me a white joke in FUN not in hate I would be glad to hear it.

I haven't even read Panchoman's sig in a while. Yea I guess u could take it like that, but u have to remember that he is a teen. I bet if u asked him nicely he might change it for u if its bugging u that bad.

While we are on the subject.....
    I don't think that he should have cursing in it in the first place.

Also I can't do anything about it, because I'm not on the mod like everyone seems to think.
  23. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    I'm sexist....................................I love sex :laugh:
  24. theonetruewill New Member

Thanks Received:
    London - Close your eyes and you'll see me
    I hope you are not referring to my quote. It is not sexist it is amusing. It is also completely factual. In fact I don't think it's insulting in the slightest. It just shows that women are a whole load more complicated than computers. Just because I find them difficult to deal with doesn't mean I'm sexist. It just means I'm flawed and can't get a girlfriend. OK?:cool:

When I first came to the forums I too thought that.

As a side note- please stop this becoming another " XXXX for Mod thread", as it's not been designed for that. For crying out loud read the first post. Does it say anywhere -
    "Who would like to be a mod because they think it would be cool?"
  25. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    I voted Yes..

I think the ones we have seem to be doing their jobs very well, a few extras may not hurt though.