• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
Hi peeps...

Do I need to use this with my motherboard. As I have had to use Geforce cards, as the ATI drivers are pretty crap, and kept crashing the system back to desktop.

I am thinking of getting another 660 card and running SLI on my system, just because I can!!!!

So the mother board I have is.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4591#ov

GA-970A-DS3P

Which uses the AMD 970 + SB950 Chipset

Thanks for your help with this...

One of the bonuses of this tool is that it can enable SLI on non SLI or non CFX motherboards. Therefore there is a chance it will work.

If you already have a GTX 660 or similar architecture card(see the DEV list on first page/first post), then it's possible.

anyone tried running a 980 along a 970?
In your Windows device manager. Right click on your display adapter and go to properties. Switch to the "Details" tab, and in the combo box select "Hardware Ids."
The first three numbers following "DEV" must match for the cards to work together.

JesterHopperPot

While trying to run the Install file as an administrator I revive a message in the Command Prompt stating; Please extract everything from the package including the contents of the tool folder. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

While trying to run the Install file as an administrator I revive a message in the Command Prompt stating; Please extract everything from the package including the contents of the tool folder. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?
see if this helps. go into certmgr.msc check all certificates and remove anything DifferentSLIauto just to be safe.

then follow readme.txt to step 8

instead of right click -> running Install.bat as administrator do the following:

start cmd as Administrator from Start->Run
cd to DifferentSLI folder
run Install.bat from the cmd prompt you started

resume at step 9

Ayni

What about new cards - GeForce GTX 970 and GeForce GTX 980 ? I want to buy 1 of them for create SLI with my old card if it's possible

What about new cards - GeForce GTX 970 and GeForce GTX 980 ? I want to buy 1 of them for create SLI with my old card if it's possible
Ember posted on page 47 that 344.11 seems to patch correctly, which is the driver for 900 series. i have not seen any confirmation posts as of yet. Check DEV #s on cards.

JesterHopperPot

see if this helps. go into certmgr.msc check all certificates and remove anything DifferentSLIauto just to be safe.

then follow readme.txt to step 8

instead of right click -> running Install.bat as administrator do the following:

start cmd as Administrator from Start->Run
run Install.bat from the cmd prompt you started

resume at step 9
I tried to go to certmgr.msc but I got lost also I have no clue what you mean by
"start cmd as Administrator from Start->Run
run Install.bat from the cmd prompt you started"
Thank you for repying

System Name Snoopy
Processor AMD FX-6300 Vishera Six-Core 3.5GHz( 4.1GHz Turbo)
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-D3
Cooling Thermaltake SpinQ VT
Memory Corsair Vengeance 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 671MHz (9-9-9-24)
Video Card(s) Nvidia EVGA GTX 570 (x2) SLI
Storage 931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZRX-00L4HB0 ATA Device (SATA)
Display(s) Asus LED 21" 1080p
Case Thermaltake V4
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar DG Audio Device
Power Supply OCZ Tech. 700W ModXtreme Modular
Software Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Benchmark Scores 1080p Unigine Heaven: 1011 Unigine Valley: 2183 FFXIV ARR: 12015
Sry, I'm too lazy to read through 48 pages... Has anyone tried to SLI different generation cards with even the slightest chance of success? Or is it 100% out of the question? I was gonna try a 770 and a 570 just for the LOL's but I don't wanna go through the pain if it won't work at all.

System Name Snoopy
Processor AMD FX-6300 Vishera Six-Core 3.5GHz( 4.1GHz Turbo)
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-D3
Cooling Thermaltake SpinQ VT
Memory Corsair Vengeance 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 671MHz (9-9-9-24)
Video Card(s) Nvidia EVGA GTX 570 (x2) SLI
Storage 931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZRX-00L4HB0 ATA Device (SATA)
Display(s) Asus LED 21" 1080p
Case Thermaltake V4
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar DG Audio Device
Power Supply OCZ Tech. 700W ModXtreme Modular
Software Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Benchmark Scores 1080p Unigine Heaven: 1011 Unigine Valley: 2183 FFXIV ARR: 12015
So, in other words no... oh well... ty for the quick reply, Ember

jimmikirk

Hey Ember,

Just tried to run DifferentSLi and I've been using this successfully for the past few months without an issue, thanks!

I just installed the 344.11 drivers however and ran DifferentSli but when I pressed patch, it would seemingly check all the different permutations and then quickly exit without any prompt or anything. Tried in both Administrator mode and as normal, no difference. Do you know if there's anything to fix that?
I went through all the certificate steps but it made no difference

Windows 8.1
2x 550TI's
Gigabyte AMD Chipset.

raton

Does the creator of this soft continue to post here ? i have a question.

Does this method have an impact on performance(when using a recent mobo crossfire x ready) vs a SLI ready board ? (when using same cards)

I have 2x gtx 970 with a 4770k+ Msi Z87-g41 Crossfire x ready card. My friend have the exact same config but with a sli ready board, and he does have better performances. ex : +2500pts on Firestrike, +40Fps (and steady framerate) on BF4.

On BF4 performance with sli is shitty compared to single card :x.

Hey Ember,

Just tried to run DifferentSLi and I've been using this successfully for the past few months without an issue, thanks!

I just installed the 344.11 drivers however and ran DifferentSli but when I pressed patch, it would seemingly check all the different permutations and then quickly exit without any prompt or anything. Tried in both Administrator mode and as normal, no difference. Do you know if there's anything to fix that?
I went through all the certificate steps but it made no difference

Windows 8.1
2x 550TI's
Gigabyte AMD Chipset.
Try doing a clean install. uninstall drivers thru control panel then run DDU in safe mode http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/ restart run ccleaner/reg cleaner install 344.11 with all hardware connected - restart. make sure all certs are cleaned out of certmgr.msc there are usually 2 certificates. follow differentsliauto read me. i usually follow this procedure on the latest drivers.

Last edited:
Does the creator of this soft continue to post here ? i have a question.

Does this method have an impact on performance(when using a recent mobo crossfire x ready) vs a SLI ready board ? (when using same cards)

I have 2x gtx 970 with a 4770k+ Msi Z87-g41 Crossfire x ready card. My friend have the exact same config but with a sli ready board, and he does have better performances. ex : +2500pts on Firestrike, +40Fps (and steady framerate) on BF4.

On BF4 performance with sli is shitty compared to single card :x.
Your mobo is x-fire only with an intel chipset. which is an odd combo in itself . what board does your friend have? the majority of users that i have seen on here are amd chipset x-fire only boards or people wishing to mismatch the architecture of cards. for the full performance of an intel chipset/cpu you might want to look at another board. as those are very nice cards.

raton

Well the hole point of using this hack is not changing my mobo :D

In the recent intel plateforms, SLI is only a license that manufacturer pay. in terms of hardware it's the intel chipset that handle the pcie and multigpu stuff.

DifferentSLI tricks the driver and make it believe that your mobo is allowed to use SLI (and also change the compatibility list). at least that's what i understand.

Performances seems to be ok with a new fresh install...

Well the hole point of using this hack is not changing my mobo :D

In the recent intel plateforms, SLI is only a license that manufacturer pay. in terms of hardware it's the intel chipset that handle the pcie and multigpu stuff.

DifferentSLI tricks the driver and make it believe that your mobo is allowed to use SLI (and also change the compatibility list). at least that's what i understand.

Performances seems to be ok with a new fresh install...
Totally understand about not wanting to buy another mobo yet. with the price you'd pay for 2 x 970's they should come with a free t-shirt, lol

mixu

I have this proplem when i run install, "Please extract everything from the package including the contents of the tools folder" please help :( I extracted all the zip and I get this error in anyway..

@mixu If you open an administrator cmd prompt and cd to the directory DifferentSLIAuto is in and run Install.cmd from that prompt it will run fine.

mixu

i install all things but my engtx 560 and engtx460 didnt work. dont know why but i try old method.

System Name Better than your mom's computer:
Processor i-7 3770K @ 4.4 GHz
Motherboard ASRock Extreme6 Z77
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 @ 9-11-10-28 2T
Video Card(s) 2X SLI - MSI GTX 970 Gaming
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB SSD + 1TB 7200RPM Storage HDD
Display(s) AOC G2460PQU 24" Gaming LED @ 144Hz
Case Diablotek Severely Cut & Modded
Audio Device(s) Realtek Onboard Modded Dolby Live 5.1
Power Supply Thermaltake Smart M 850W 80+
Software Windows 8.1
Benchmark Scores Firestrike 17,697 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/4741988?
EDIT*** Answered my own question:
This fixed my GTX 970s of different brands (MSI & Zotac) that were not previously compatible in 2x SLI. Installed this little fix & now they are running in normal 2x SLI. Thanks!!

GPU-Z.jpg

There are so many posts to read here, so I am to try to skip through some and see if this is common or a known issue with GTX 970s.. This might be exactly what I am looking for.
I bought (2) Zotac GTX 970s because everything else was out of stock and ran SLI just fine for a while. Then, later I bought an MSI gaming GTX 970 when it came in stock.
My plan was to give my wife one of the Zotacs and I would run SLI with the MSI on top + the other Zotac on bottom due to the top card always running hotter...
BUT with one MSI + one Zotac, I get a message about adding an SLI bridge. In other words, nVidia isn't recognizing either of my SLI bridges (I have a flex & a hard bridge and tried them both).
Both bridges work fine on either SLI connector with my 2 Zotacs together...so the bridges are good.
I tried different positions with 344.11, 344.16, & Tweaktown 344.11 with the MSI card on top, the Zotac on top, with SLI bridge in both positions, both at same time, etc... Nothing works.
After the wifey goes to work, I am going to try this and see.
Until then, has anyone else had this SLI problem between 2 GTX 970s or 980s of different brands? I mean, it's not like I am mixing a 9800GT with a Radeon HD or anything.

Last edited:
System Name Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition
Motherboard Asus Crosshair IV Extreme
Cooling Corsair H100
Memory 8GB G.Skill Flare F3-16000CL7Q-4GBFLS (4 x 2GB)
Video Card(s) 3 x EVGA GTX 460 FTW EE
Storage 1 Western Digital Velociraptor 64MB 600GB SATA III
Display(s) ASUS VG278H 27"
Case Lian Li A77FA Silver
Power Supply Super Flower SF1200P-14HE 1200Watts Crystal Twilight
Software Games+++
Hi !
I have installed DifferentSliAuto. It works perfectly. I can to have 3-Way SLI with my 3 EVGA GTX 460 cards, but now, at the bottom right it is indicated "Test Mode Windows 7 Build 7601" on the desktop.

Why works my Windows in mode test after the installation of DifferentSLIAuto ? (My windows is original and activated) this problem is every time after the installation of the DifferentSLIAuto. I have the UAC desabled first, before to run DifferentSLIAuto 1.1.

I have found the solution-process to remove this message "Test Mode Windows 7 Build 7601", but when I run this process (like this :http://www.askvg.com/disable-test-m...600-message-watermark-from-windows-7-desktop/ ) to remove this message, after, the Nvidia drivers are not any more apply with my graphiccards. The picture of the screen is like as when you have no drivers installed.

Now I have a restauration of my Windows 7, and it work without DifferentSLIAuto.

Can you help me to install the DifferentSLIAuto without this message "Test Mode Windows 7 Build 7601" ?

Thank you for your help.
Best regards

Last edited:
Hi !
I have installed DifferentSliAuto. It works perfectly. I can to have 3-Way SLI with my 3 EVGA GTX 460 cards, but now, at the bottom right it is indicated "Test Mode Windows 7 Build 7601" on the desktop.

Why works my Windows in mode test after the installation of DifferentSLIAuto ? (My windows is original and activated) this problem is every time after the installation of the DifferentSLIAuto. I have the UAC desabled first, before to run DifferentSLIAuto 1.1.

I have found the solution-process to remove this message "Test Mode Windows 7 Build 7601", but when I run this process (like this :http://www.askvg.com/disable-test-m...600-message-watermark-from-windows-7-desktop/ ) to remove this message, after, the Nvidia drivers are not any more apply with my graphiccards. The picture of the screen is like as when you have no drivers installed.

Now I have a restauration of my Windows 7, and it work without DifferentSLIAuto.

Can you help me to install the DifferentSLIAuto without this message "Test Mode Windows 7 Build 7601" ?

Thank you for your help.
Best regards
The Sli driver is not driver signed so test mode is required to disable driver signing enforcement

System Name Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition
Motherboard Asus Crosshair IV Extreme
Cooling Corsair H100
Memory 8GB G.Skill Flare F3-16000CL7Q-4GBFLS (4 x 2GB)
Video Card(s) 3 x EVGA GTX 460 FTW EE
Storage 1 Western Digital Velociraptor 64MB 600GB SATA III
Display(s) ASUS VG278H 27"
Case Lian Li A77FA Silver
Power Supply Super Flower SF1200P-14HE 1200Watts Crystal Twilight
Software Games+++
The Sli driver is not driver signed so test mode is required to disable driver signing enforcement

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, I have thought well that the message of Windows "Test Mode Windows 7" appeared because of the fact that the drivers of DifferentSLIAuto 1.1 are no signed drivers. But I would like to know if there is a method to install the DifferentSLIAuto 1.1 without having this message. And if yes, what is the method stape by stape ? Maybe that I forgot an important stape when I have install the DifferentSLIAuto; I don't know, bu I have unabled the UAC, that is sure.

Can you help me on this question ?

Last edited: