1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Mass Effect 3 Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by killarobot, Mar 12, 2012.

1. techtard

techtard

Thanks Received:
    When you tell the Illusive man that he is Indoctrinated and he kills himself. Saren did the same thing at the end of the original game. The fact that they re-used that scene and the fact that everything is so surreal makes me think that the ending was a fake-out or maybe just pt. 1 of the 'real' ending. Then again, that could be the end of the game and they are just trying to gouge us with DLC now. We'll see.
  2. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    That actually made sense. It was everything that happened after that point that didn't make sense.

I don't think their original intent was to change the ending with DLC (e.g. ME2's nor ME's ending is changed by DLC). They're going to release an alternate ending via DLC though because of the huge demand for it. EA smells money there and once they get the scent of money, they don't let it go.

The DLCs are (excepting the alternate ending) most likely aimed at increasing your readiness rating so you don't have to play multiplayer in order to get the "best" ending (N7 suit). I'm gonna guess that the best, alternate ending will require 6000+ readiness rating forcing a lot of players to buy DLC just to get a base-readiness rating high enough to get it.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
  4. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Do I smell sarcasm? Because if I don't, you linked the wrong video. XD
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
    Video is correct!!
  6. Yukikaze

Yukikaze

Thanks Received:
    Right. The customer is the problem. In most fields of business, that very statement would sound outright insane. Probably sounds very logical in the eyes of EA brass, though :D
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  7. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    EA and insane ideas, thats something new?
  8. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
    These scumbags are disconnected from the "people", and like Don Draper, sleep on a bed of money.
  9. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
  10. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Your link made me search for the "Indoctrination Theory:"
    DO NOT WATCH UNLESS YOU PLAYED THROUGH ALL THREE GAMES
    That actually makes a lot of sense. BiowEAr should have taken that explaination and ran with it. The Extended Cut DLC should have the Normandy's crew picking your sorry ass off the ground (if you made the right decisions) for a round of beers and a lot of council ass-kissing (assuming they aren't dead). XD

Screw BiowEAr! I'll just pretend that conclusion was actually their intent.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    Mussels says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  11. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    The more i think about it the more it confuses me.

Even if its all turned out to be Reaper indoctrination it still doesn't really make sense, if you make the Geth live with the Quarians then choosing to destroy synthetics makes no sense nether does the theory that all tech and synthetics can never live with organics (because eventually organics will create tech and thus recreate the cycle and eventually kill all organics), unless you assume that the Geth and Quarian peace will never last. Choosing the kill all synthetic and tech option in his mind its like hes thinking what the reapers thought all along.

TBH i dont really care anymore, i wish they had one ending that made sense and just rolled with it.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  12. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm glad this fiasco's had the uproar, otherwise they'll think they can bait and switch us indefinitely....certainly EA at least.
    EA=games destroyer:banghead:
  13. jmcslob

Thanks Received:
    How to have the perfect ME3 ending
    ME1
    Save the council

ME2
    Have sex with Miranda, everyone survives but Thane doesn't matter, Tali must not be exiled, Legion is a must!

ME3
    need 100% Galactic readiness

super ME3 spoiler
    The war between the Geth and the Quarians must end and it only happens if Tali isn't exiled and legion survives and you destroy the geth server and do all the other Quarian missions first with the destroy the Reaper base last and let Legion upload...Tali must be an Admiral which only happens if she isn't exiled in ME2

Extra Super Spoiler
    If you finish the game with 100% Galactic battle readiness you get 3 endings to choose from 1) Control the Reapers...This is the route The Illusive man took 2)Synthesize....This is the route Saren took 3) Destroy the Reapers...This is the renegade choice and the only choice where there is a hint that Shepard survives

Extra Super Duper Spoiler
    The kid in the beginning that you see die and that you have dreams about is a form of indoctrination....He is also the catalyst imo this is no coincidence....of all the endings the only one that destroys this child and the only one in which he doesn't smirk/smile is Destroy the Reapers...
  14. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    It's a ruse. You're either giving into indoctrination or you're destroying the Reapers. The indoctrination is attempting to make you believe that the mass relays and all technology will be destroyed along with them in order to convince you not to destroy them. If you were the Reapers, wouldn't you try to convince humans that destroying them will have bad and lasting unintended consequences?
    Crunching for Team TPU
  15. random

random

Thanks Received:
    Wow I feel like I've wasted my time and money on this game after watching the ending... possibly the worse way to end a trilogy. The even more crappy part is that all 3 endings are very similar whether its control, synthetic or synthesis.

It is like all the choices I made in the game until now didn't matter as it was going to have the same ending anyway and it didn't matter who I romanced, who I reunited etc... lame Bioware lame...
  16. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    watch the youtube video above. it makes more sense that way.
    random says thanks.
  17. techtard

techtard

Thanks Received:
    NO! They are different... they have different color lights!
  18. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    Mussels says thanks.
  19. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Ha! Rainbow! XD
    Mussels says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  20. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    someone actually contacted the better business bureau and they responded(they almost never respond to much more serious things:laugh:)

http://www.bbb.org/blog/2012/04/mas...-effect-on-its-consumers-for-better-or-worse/

they make a odd determination, basically "hey someone can sue you now" which is pretty useless, they need to redirect the attention to something more serious, kinda like the charity they mentioned that I never even heard of:shadedshu I would've donated if I knew it existed before it closed.
  21. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  22. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Those were terrible movies and I want no part of bringing them back.
  23. RevengE

RevengE

Thanks Received:
    So, I've played through the series. From reading some of this thread it seems its not worth the money. Should I just wait until it reaches the bargain bin? That's what I did with ME2, lol.
  24. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    yea bargin bin + w.e DLC they take on would be the best bet.
  25. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, i also recommend to wait till it's a cheap price. It's good for 1 playthrough.