• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

XFI Mod is back:

Found This ViA Google
A user by the name of GameSprit `re:modded`the realtek drivers to enabled ALL of the stuff that realtek locked out to specific vendors
it enables stuff like the following:
Dobly DIGITAL /w THX and DTS , DTSHD ,DTS Connect
SRS Processing
CMSS-3D and EAX VIA ALchemy
XFIMB II stuff

the downside of this that there is a few Options that conflict so you may need to mess around enabling and disabling stuff

and my god it actually works

the Mans(Spanish) blog is here if you wanna check it
http://claudiogamespirit.blogspot.com/

DOWNLOAD:https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=6d9572c7052312c2#cid=6D9572C7052312C2&id=6D9572C7052312C2!218

ALT LINK for X64_Win7_WIN_Drivers: https://mega.co.nz/#!kkomFCAS!HDHDe3DmY8JtSgaWt7gYTR0kJDka3EXzIbGT2O0Ap60
ATL LINK for XFI MB II: https://mega.co.nz/#!8lYgUQgJ!EwAdklglLIeI03Zph4cZnBonVntDMDAV8Q_INfwXE84

Optionally you may also download the XFI MB II control software but its not required unless you want CMSS 3D/EAX/ALchemy (tbh installing it does Absoulutely nothing unless you use CMSS I would't as SRS is superior if you want that whole Processed and expanded sound)

Thanks for the tip. Worked in my Windows 8.1 Pro X64. However I did have to permanently disable driver signature. If anyone wants to know here's the process:

Sri2000 guide in [URL='http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/46776-permanently-disable-driver-signing-windows-8-8-1-a.html']EightForums[/URL] said:
1. Open up Command Prompt as an admin.

2.Type these lines => One By One and press enter accordingly.
----> bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
----> bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

3.Plz note Once Again that this will show a watermark on the bottom right corner of your screen.

I also would like to point out that SRS will not work if you setup your / have 5.1 or higher speaker mode enabled. This driver also allowed me to setup my speaker config to 5.1 with Rear Speakers. Prior to this the original realtek driver would only allow me to setup side speakers instead of rear speakers, rendering headphone's rear speakers sound-less. So BIG THANKS for this, mate!!!!!!

But perfectly works in MSI Z97 GAMING 7 motherboard with sound cinema 2, which has similar function to SRS.

Only question I have is why can't i change the Dolby or DTS setting. The only option i get is DTS connect Neo. fyi my speaker at the rear connections is Roccat kave 5.1

good luck everyone.

Last edited:
With XFi MB2 i'm getting a virus warning for run.bat; like this: Virus:Win32/Induc.A
is it safe??

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
I also would like to point out that SRS will not work if you setup your / have 5.1 or higher speaker mode enabled. This driver also allowed me to setup my speaker config to 5.1 with Rear Speakers. Prior to this the original realtek driver would only allow me to setup side speakers instead of rear speakers, rendering headphone's rear speakers sound-less. So BIG THANKS for this, mate!!!!!!

But perfectly works in MSI Z97 GAMING 7 motherboard with sound cinema 2, which has similar function to SRS.

Only question I have is why can't i change the Dolby or DTS setting. The only option i get is DTS connect Neo. fyi my speaker at the rear connections is Roccat kave 5.1

good luck everyone.

Too bad there isn't a 32-bit x86 equivalent of Gamespirit's modded Realtek audio driver (which is 64-bit only) that I like to try out on an old Intel mobo using onboard Realtek ALC861 audio hardware.

what are the Dolby and DTS settings that you are talking about, mudy?
btw, link to the modded Realtek driver from the live.com site is no longer working.

Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
This driver did not supported
I am using intel DH61WW motherboard
Please help me

you will have to first gather the hardware ID of your Realtek audio device from Device Manager and then add it into the modded INF file before installing the modded driver [google search on how to find hardware id]

driver is for realtek 8xxx or newer your board is to old

I'm using a really old Realtek ALC861 audio chip on an old Intel D101GGC motherboard and Gamespirit's modded Realtek drivers do work on there - it's just that I had to manually add my Realtek hardware ID into the INF file which begins with
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0861
I get only SRS, DTS and Dolby - no Sonic Focus because the ALC861 audio chip can't support it at all.
I didn't need Sonic Focus anyway as it only works with few Realtek chipsets.

Check out this HardwareHeaven forum page on different modded Realtek drivers (by cmhdream) with X-FI MB3 (also this page on alternate link to get X-FI MB3 software).
Tried them out myself and X-FI MB3 produces louder and clearer sound but will disable/kill the Dolby/DTS/SRS enhancements if using gamespirit's modded Realtek driver. you have to use cmhdream's modded Realtek driver instead to get the best results with the X-FI MB3 software.

Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Tried them out myself and X-FI MB3 produces louder and clearer sound but will disable/kill the Dolby/DTS/SRS enhancements if using gamespirit's modded Realtek driver. you have to use cmhdream's modded Realtek driver instead to get the best results with the X-FI MB3 software.

new X-FI MB3 software from Creative Labs was updated recently to support Windows 10. file is called XMB3-VDWEB-2-11.exe. reason why installing X-FI MB3 over gamespirit's modded Realtek driver (which don't work correctly on Win8.1 and/or Win10 because of an audio architectural change starting with Win8.1) override/disable the Dolby/DTS/SRS enhancements is because of the X-Fi MB3 drivers. no matter since installing X-FI MB3 seems to produce pretty good sound on my machines with Realtek audio.

calleone

Hi, guys,
My English is bad, Sry. I have a question, I have the ROG MAXIMUS XI FORMULA Intel Z390 motherboard where my old X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro doesn't fit anymore. Now I'm using the Realtek S1220 codec with SupremeFX onboard soundcard and the UpMix mode from stereo to 5.1 doesn't work properly anymore.

Now I found this page here and wonder if this X-FI mod also works for my Realtek soundcard? If so, could you please give me a current download link?

Hello.
This time i configured new audio drivers for CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER X-FI 5.1 SURROUND PRO USB & Realtek HD Audio mod with
-MB3 or BLASTERx720 for analog devices
-THX ThruStudio Pro with Dolby Digital Live,
-Dolby Atmos Sound System,
-Atmos for Headphones
-Dts: X, Headphones,
-Dts Interactive (SPiDF),
-Dts Audio Panel active.
I collect package of enhancers apps and upload files so download links coming soon!
xfi001.jpg
xfi002.jpg
xfi003.jpg
xfi004.jpg
xfi005.jpg
xfi006.jpg
xfi007.jpg
xfi008.jpg
xfi009.jpg
xfi0010.jpg
xfi0011.jpg
xfi14.jpg
xfi13.jpg

Last edited:

This works fine for me. Maybe can be usefull for anyone. I tried eax on fear by alchemy. Works fine. (win 10 pro here)

can u please reupload the content? it shows me 404. :(
Why do you revive old threads? :wtf:

If you want Sound Blaster, just install AAF DCH Optimus Sound

AAF DCH Optimus Sound

System Name ATLAS
Processor Intel Core i7-4770 (4C/8T) Haswell
Motherboard GA-Z87X-UD5H , Dual Intel LAN, 10x SATA, 16x Power phace.
Cooling ProlimaTech Armageddon - Dual GELID 140 Silent PWM
Memory Mushkin Blackline DDR3 2400 997123F 16GB
Video Card(s) MSI GTX1060 OC 6GB (single fan) Micron
Storage WD Raptors 73Gb - Raid1 10.000rpm
Display(s) DELL U2311H
Case HEC Compucase CI-6919 Full tower (2003) moded .. hec-group.com.tw
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Music + mods, Audigy front Panel - YAMAHA quad speakers with Sub.
Power Supply HPU-4M780-PE refurbished 23-3-2022
Mouse MS Pro IntelliMouse 16.000 Dpi Pixart Paw 3389
Keyboard Microsoft Wired 600
Software Win 7 Pro x64 ( Retail Box ) for EU
The last page of this topic its equal to the Tower of Babel.
Spanish videos and Polish version of windows. :)
I love my X-Fi music, and the Creative software it is still the most well written one on our planet.
Because all the other competitors they are damn lazy.