QPAD earned their reputation by producing the first ever gaming grade hybrid mats several years ago. Today the company sells a large variety of PC gaming peripherals including: mice, mouse mats, headsets, and keyboards.
The keyboard we will be taking a look at today is their newest high-end offering. The keyboard features Cherry MX Red key mechanisms and red backlighting. Like its predecessor, the MK-80, the MK-85 sports a two port USB hub, audio pass-through and an impressive build quality. Retained from the MK-80 is the soft-feel finish on key-tops and the elevation system that allows for two levels of inclination.
The MK-85 is available with all the current Cherry MX keys directly from QPAD. The price is fixed at a staggering €149.90 which makes it one of the most expensive keyboards we have ever tested.
- Key switch: Cherry MX Red mechanical switch technology
- Key strokes: 50 million
- N-key Roll-over: 64 key simultaneously
- Lighting: Individual LED back light
- Lighting features: Four levels of brightness
- Connectors: Gold plated connectors for extremely low latency
- Media keys: Media keys for volume control, play, pause and skip tracks
- USB Hub: Two high speed USB 2.0 ports
- Audio ports: 3.5mm Headphone-out and microphone-in jacks
- Cable: 1.8 meter extra thick cable
- Extras: 4 extra orange key caps and key cap puller
- Dimensions: Keyboard 44.45 x 14.48 x 2.54 cm (17.5 x 5.7 x 1 inch), Wrist pad 44.45 x 6.1 x 1.4 cm (17.5 x 2.4 x 0.55 inch)
- Weight: 1.27 kg (2.8LBS)
- Warranty: 2 year