|CPU:||Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.3 GHz|
(Sandy Bridge, 6192 KB Cache)
|Motherboard:||ASUS P8H67-M EVO|
|Memory:||2x 2048 MB Crucial Ballistix Finned DDR3|
@ 1333 MHz 6-6-6-18
|Software:||Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1|
|Drivers:||SATA: Microsoft AHCI|
Display: Intel 15.21.13
- After initial configuration and installation we created a disk image that will be used to test every drive.
- Automated updates were disabled for all programs. This ensures that for every review each drive will get the same starting point without possible pollution from previous testing.
- Our disk image consumes around 25 GB on disk, we resized the partition to fill all available space on the drive.
- Partitions were checked to be aligned.
- In order to minimize random variation, each of the performance tests is run ten times, with reboots in between tests to minimize the impact of disk cache.
- We used the average of the ten runs as final score.
- All application benchmarks run the actual application and do not replay any disk traces.